Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
tas38
UG's Michael Westen

Identify a pickup

I hope you guys can help out, I had a Fender Hippie Blue Strat. They were a limited edition run of MIK Strats in 2004-5. They just had a bridge HB and a neck SC, no mid pup. I really loved the neck single coil, and I'd like to look into buying one for my new guitar. Since they're made in Korea and when new were similarly priced to a MIM, I doubt it's really anything special, but I don't know much about pickups.

The pickup was very warm, and incredibly bassy. It had a pretty quacky sound, and most importantly to me, it had TONS of bite when playing leads. I believe it was some type of noiseless single coil, the noise difference from the humbucker to the single coil was virtually non-existent. The pole pieces were staggered.

http://proplugin.com/fender-tie-dye...hippie-blue.pro
tas38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

It was a Fender Noiseless single coil, but it was wound to different specifications than the usual model. Fender sometimes used non-standard pickups in their MIK guitars and basses. Sorry, I don't know if that pickup had a specific model number. Your best bet would be to contact Fender's customer service and see if they can provide more information. You could also try a guitar with stock Fender Noiseless single coils in it and see if they measure up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #3
tas38
UG's Michael Westen

Thank you very much. I was listening to some Fender noiseless single coil pups on YT earlier today and noticed they were very similar sounding.

Just curious, how did you find this out?

Last edited by tas38 : 03-28-2013 at 01:37 AM.
tas38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: