User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #61
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
i say stop listening to colma because its sad and lsiten to sex music or killer insane metal chops.

No. You know there's more to good music than omgshred, right? Sometimes we just want something chill.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #62
jrcsgtpeppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
For many of us, there's a lot more to it than just those bands. And we like discussing other bands and subgenres.

I would agree with that. They're really not 100% Metal, but they're one of those odd bands that it doesn't really matter genre they are. To a guy like me at least.

It's generalized statements of opinion like the bolded stuff that make me stop taking you seriously. That, and your original Buckethead butthurt, of course.

i dont think all of it is bad. i like a few bands from nearly every genre, buti think so many others are bad i can say metal core sucks. sure the contortionist have maybe 2 cool songs, northlane has 1 good song, born of osiris made a few good tracks, then youv got btbam who make many many mind blowingly amazing tracks.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #63
Burgery
i cant remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
No. You know there's more to good music than omgshred, right? Sometimes we just want something chill.

he simply said that he preferred one set of songs to another you ****

this thread is so bad
Burgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #64
jrcsgtpeppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade

yeah like the beach boys, if the beach boys had buckethead as their lead guitarist they would be that much better. round round get around i get a round ooooooooo i get a
deeloopeeloodeedlewooplefraggitsmasmitculousciousn ecititiitiesformydick
wouldnt it be ni deelooleeloodooleedoolee frigmmmmmmmmmmm smackledockititytesticles
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #65
WCPhils
UG Addict

Quote:
yeah like the beach boys, if the beach boys had buckethead as their lead guitarist they would be that much better. round round get around i get a round ooooooooo i get a
wouldnt it be ni deelooleeloodooleedoolee frigmmmmmmmmmmm smackledockititytesticles

no
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #66
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:

Wat
Old 03-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #67
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
i dont think all of it is bad. i like a few bands from nearly every genre, buti think so many others are bad i can say metal core sucks. sure the contortionist have maybe 2 cool songs, northlane has 1 good song, born of osiris made a few good tracks, then youv got btbam who make many many mind blowingly amazing tracks.

And that's why your opinion is bad, and you should feel bad. You're still making a huge generalization.

Also, a major issue I have is that you think bands like Born of Osiris are good examples of Metalcore, rather than thinking that bands like Converge are good examples. Born of Osiris is what I call NuMetalcore.

Quote:

Sir, put down the cocaine...

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 03-27-2013 at 03:34 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #68
Gorelord666
Lone Buffalo

Quote:

show

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Gorelord666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #69
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:
do you have any proof that the majority of pop studio musicians are better than metal studio musicians? my first question is are there even metal studio musicians? how can you be in a metal band without actual band members? does that mean gene holglan steve vai all the people at g3, buckethead ext are all studio musicians due to their massive amount of collabs? now tell me, what pop studio guitarist is better than buckethead?

What I posted is almost the exact opposite of what normally gets said in this whole pop discussion., and it's unfortunate. Of course there's fantastic musicians on both sides- Gene Hoglan for example, as you've mentioned. Roy Mayorga is another. Jeroen Paul Thesseling- he's a death metal bassist (as I'm sure you know) who applies 72 equal-tone temperament and makes it work. On the pop side, you've got the likes of Steve Lukather (Toto guitarist) who's done fantastic pop records as a session guitarist. Lee Ritenour has done great session work on the popular jazz scene. Gail Ann Dorsey has provided music for some of David Bowie's greatest work. Pino Palladino as well, has sat brilliant sessions with his bass. Simon Clarke, a saxophonist, Divinty Roxx... I could go on. You rarely hear about these guys, and it's a huge shame, because they aren't at the forefront, but they are all excellent musicians. They may not wank off all the time, but as musicians, they have a great ear and have the chops to provide. My initial statement was hyperbolic, yes. But no more so than what normally gets said, and never gets followed up with examples.

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #70
Eastwinn
is a meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery
what

cynic, atheist and death are great but to say they "perfected the genre" is completely retarded

seriously, if you think that you should bang your head against the wall really hard and cry

woah man you need to calm down. look at my avatar and tell me i was serious. tell i wasn't just expressing my love for the bands and hate for all others in an absurdist way. try and tell me that vagery, see what happens
Old 03-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #71
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

@Delirium:
Now, that is one fine opinion, sir!

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #72
Burgery
i cant remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
woah man you need to calm down. look at my avatar and tell me i was serious. tell i wasn't just expressing my love for the bands and hate for all others in an absurdist way. try and tell me that vagery, see what happens

never go half-troll vagwinn
Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #73
Eastwinn
is a meme

Quote:
never go half-troll vagwinn

i thought it was a clearly toungue-in-cheek statement fagery, i didn't expect anyone to misinterpret it
Old 03-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #74
Burgery
i cant remember

Quote:
i thought it was a clearly toungue-in-cheek statement fagery, i didn't expect anyone to misinterpret it

my sarcasm detector is flaccid after all the stupidity in this thread, asswinn. i'll just be leaving now.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #75
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
@Delirium:
Now, that is one fine opinion, sir!

I'm just glad I didn't start going on about any of Stevie Wonder's session musicians! Stevie's such a trolling dick with them it's untrue- he's been known to tell the band to play a previously practiced song in a completely different key when it comes to the live performance. And that's being told when the song starts. I'd hate that. But that's why they're professionals, I guess

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #76
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:

Quote:
my sarcasm detector is flaccid after all the stupidity in this thread, asswinn. i'll just be leaving now.
Those insults are so middle school; it's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliriumbassist
I'm just glad I didn't start going on about any of Stevie Wonder's session musicians! Stevie's such a trolling dick with them it's untrue- he's been known to tell the band to play a previously practiced song in a completely different key when it comes to the live performance. And that's being told when the song starts. I'd hate that. But that's why they're professionals, I guess

Shit. They must be masters of their craft, those session musicians.

Bandcamp

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 03-27-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #77
Eastwinn
is a meme

that's actually the first time anyone has called me asswinn. it's so eloquent.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #78
Joshua Garcia
Oops

Quote:

This doesn't suck either.
Someone is wrong on the internet....

I have to take care of this.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #79
ManInTheBox14
In lesbians with you

Quote:

Yeah, you should probably learn a little more about metalcore before you make generalizations about it.

Also, basically what Phils said, I only go into the metal forum for the BTBAM thread, and the regs trolling on it are pretty annoying.

Also, pop music is great and anyone who thinks it's an insult doesn't know anything about music.

I'm dying.
-Is it blissful?
It's like a dream.
-I want to dream.

Blog I Write For
ManInTheBox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #80
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Garcia

This doesn't suck either.