Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-14-2015, 03:20 AM   #1
lankeysob

Between the Buried and Me

Not sure what happened to the old thread but just wanted to let people know the album leaked onto youtube.

Definitely a departure from their old sound. While the middle of the album felt a little weaker than the rest certain songs like King Redeem, Queen Serene and the two closer songs are some of their best work. What do you guys think?

Last edited by lankeysob : 06-14-2015 at 04:26 AM.
lankeysob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:57 AM   #2
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

The thread was 110% deleted because you're linking a leaked album.. Do you seriously think it's okay to make a thread about a leaked album? Make the thread again next month when it's actually released.

I will say though that it's ****ing awesome and I've been listening to it non stop since yesterday
vayne92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:25 AM   #3
lankeysob

They deleted an entire thread with 100's of pages of posts because of a link? What the hell mods? Why not just delete the post? Anyways, the middle of the album is gonna need to sink in for me but loving the beginning and end of the record.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:36 AM   #4
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

As with any btbam album it will probably take me 50 or so listens to fully take it in. Right now my favourite tracks are Dim Ignition/Famine Wolf, Ectopic Stroll and Life in Velvet (the last track). Oh my god that last track hnnnnggg
Old 06-14-2015, 04:58 AM   #5
lankeysob

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayne92
As with any btbam album it will probably take me 50 or so listens to fully take it in. Right now my favourite tracks are Dim Ignition/Famine Wolf, Ectopic Stroll and Life in Velvet (the last track). Oh my god that last track hnnnnggg

Yeah, I love how they have been ending their albums lately. I love how they are incorporating pieces of the songs earlier on their albums into the last songs of the albums, a come full circle type of thing. Soooo good! I'll have to give Dim Ignition another shot I can't even remember how that one goes. and Ectopic Stroll is a really fun song. Like the Fossil Genera or Bloom of the album.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:05 AM   #6
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

Dim Ignition / Famine Wolf remind me of We Wander Lonely from Tommy's Modern Noise solo album. I ****ing loved that album and that song in particular was probably my second favourite off his solo album.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:09 AM   #7
lankeysob

I actually haven't heard Modern Noise yet. I loved Pulse but still haven't gotten around to checking the new one out. One thing I'm missing about BTBAM's new stuff are the standout solo's the used to write. Miss the epic White Walls, Selkies, Aspirations, Ad a dlgmut, Obfuscation style solo's they used to write.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:14 AM   #8
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankeysob
I actually haven't heard Modern Noise yet. I loved Pulse but still haven't gotten around to checking the new one out. One thing I'm missing about BTBAM's new stuff are the standout solo's the used to write. Miss the epic White Walls, Selkies, Aspirations, Ad a dlgmut, Obfuscation style solo's they used to write.

Modern Noise was really ****ing good. I Appear Disappear (my favourite track) actually has a solo by Paul at the end. Such a good solo.
I definitely know what you mean about missing those solo's, but with a concept album it almost feels like it's more difficult to do so. The Life in Velvet solo was sooo ****ing good though.
I guess we're also kind of spoiled when it comes to solo's because all their concept albums are just riddled with ridiculous lead lines so you could say it's full of solo's, but yeah I know what you're saying.

http://www.guitarworld.com/node/22640

I'll leave my favourite track off Modern Noise here if you want to give it a listen.

Last edited by vayne92 : 06-14-2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:05 AM   #9
lankeysob

You were right! That song was great! I can see what you are saying about the concept albums but one can only hope. Also, on a side note the leak was pulled off youtube already

Rate This Thread: