Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 03-31-2013, 03:06 AM   #61
Bladed-Vaults
Broceidon king of Brocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppicurt
Yeah, those 5153 heads are ungodly huge.

All the good stuff has been mentioned. Out of everything, the Mini Rec and Snott Watt are probably what you're after.



indeed. I forsee a Baron style NAD in the future... XD

thanks all. I mean unless someone knows of a mini Fortin nataS being made that isnt 20K??
Bladed-Vaults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:27 AM   #62
dkunick
Waco
 
dkunick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppicurt
The issue is that the fiance is not understanding that large wattage amps can still be used at quite volumes and what I'm guessing is her unwillingness to understand that. It was a suggestion that he could still get the same or similar tones from a seemingly smaller amp that his fiance would approve of.

To be honest I don't even know why it should be an issue if it's being soundproofed.

Makes no sense...hey honey look at this tiny new head...proceeds to still tear the roof off the flat. AND...it's HALF the wattage. False statement AND misleading premise. Sorry man, I have no idea where you're coming from or how it helps TS. She's clearly not concerned about how big it looks, STS, but how loud it is.

TS, how about being clear about your position...really. How do you go from home recording only and exchanging tracks online to I need a lunch box head to tote around to rehearsals and not have this thought out before posting?

Guess I'm just feeling cantankerous tonight...best wishes TS, hope you get it sorted out to your liking.
__________________
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
dkunick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:33 AM   #63
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
 
Eppicurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkunick
Makes no sense...hey honey look at this tiny new head...proceeds to still tear the roof off the flat. AND...it's HALF the wattage. False statement AND misleading premise. Sorry man, I have no idea where you're coming from or how it helps TS. She's clearly not concerned about how big it looks, STS, but how loud it is.

Large wattage heads can still sound good at lower volumes. You don't have to have the 5153 at ear piercing volumes to be sound good, that's my point. I know from working at a store that parents, girlfriends, etc, see a big amp and get the idea "Hmm, this must be loud!" which is not true. Unfortunately, non-guitarists don't see this point and can't really understand it.

You're taking this too much from a guitarists view point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkunick
TS, how about being clear about your position...really. How do you go from home recording only and exchanging tracks online to I need a lunch box head to tote around to rehearsals and not have this thought out before posting?

He seems pretty clear to me.

I think you need to chill dude.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Eppicurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:38 AM   #64
Bladed-Vaults
Broceidon king of Brocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppicurt

He seems pretty clear to me.

I think you need to chill dude.


winning.
Bladed-Vaults is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.