Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Mohican

Ngd!

So I've been searching for a new acoustic for awhile. I've found some Martin's and a few Taylor's that I liked, but I never bought one, mainly because I was broke, but still. Haha. Anyway, I was perusing CL one day and came across an ad for a Larrivee OM-01. I decided to do some research and found very little aside from the fact that there were maybe 100 of them made and they were intended for sale in Japan. I contacted the guy and got the specs from him: solid mahogany sides with a solid spruce top and ebony fretboard. The guitar is a special model with only 100 being made (I believe) and the dealer in Japan didn't want them, so they went to Europe and some made their way to the States.
The guitar was basically made with the same mind-set as the Les Paul BFG guitars- stripped down and no frills. There's no binding on the Larrivee, no electronics, not anything aside from wood and tuners. Not even a strap button. But it sounds amazing. Pics to come.
Mohican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
stepchildusmc

pics pics pics !!!!
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

i love the larrivee "stripped down" guitars - they sound great but keep the price nice and low. congrats on your new axe - and can't wait to see pics!
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
Mohican

A shot of the body and of the headstock. It looks a lot better than the pictures. I love the plain look of it. You can't much see it, but there is a small, plastic strip right below the sound hole. Not sure how much I care for that, as right now, it just accumulates dust underneath it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 902272_4551580069541_446179258_o.jpg (19.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 883175_4551578909512_134059019_o.jpg (22.4 KB, 36 views)
Old 04-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
stepchildusmc

nice ! i love the no bullshit look ! good pick up .
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

very nice - you scored

a small plastic strip???
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
Mohican

The plastic strip is clear and quite hard to see, but it's this tiny rectangle. A cheap replacement for a real pickguard, I suppose. Ha.

Rate This Thread: