Sansamp BDDI?

So I definitely want to buy one but what is the difference between the two:

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipme...etric-eq--30295

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/tech21...d-di-box--22162

(I know nothing about gear mind)
Old 04-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
Spaz91
Turd polisher

Bass driver is tuned specifically for bass, Para Driver can be used for either bass or guitar.
Spaz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #3
chatterbox272

Para-driver is more flexible, it has a mid knob.

Also I highly recommend checking out the Behringer BDI21 as well. It's a clone of the BDDI, and IMHO it sounds better (yes, Behringer gear that sounds BETTER than something). I found it has a clearer low end than the Sansamp does, at the cost of it being in a flimsier casing, and the shame of owning a piece of Behringer gear .
Masquerade: #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Caboose
Time isn't made out of lines, it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round.
chatterbox272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
InstantAXonHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterbox272
Para-driver is more flexible, it has a mid knob.

I thought something like that would bring up the price, which is why I'm confused as to why they are both the same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterbox272
Also I highly recommend checking out the Behringer BDI21 as well. It's a clone of the BDDI, and IMHO it sounds better (yes, Behringer gear that sounds BETTER than something). I found it has a clearer low end than the Sansamp does, at the cost of it being in a flimsier casing, and the shame of owning a piece of Behringer gear .

This one?:

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/behrin...one-bass--26905

I can't get over how much cheaper it is!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
JustPhil
Not beautiful

That's the one.
Comparison:

The only problems I have with the Behringer is that it feels a bit flimsy and some of the settings have little effect unless you turn them all the way up or down, that could just be my particular one though.
JustPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
Tech21NYC

That's a pretty meaningless comparison. Even if you base it on the assumption that the pedals are the same exact circuit (which I doubt they are). Just by virtue of using a different pot with a different taper the sounds can be drastically different. Pots tolerance also comes into play. When we test our pedals we put them on a scope for that very reason. To do a valid comparison you would need to put both pedals into an FFT, set them for the same sound and then listen.

To answer the earlier question, The Para Driver DI is a multi purpose pedal with semi- parametric EQ and a high 4.7megOhm input impedance. It can be used with piezo acoustic pickups, electric guitar or bass, key, vox etc. Because the midrange is before the SansAmp circuit, it is capable of more gain than the Bass Driver.

The Bass Driver DI was designed to get you a specific sound very quickly. It has a built in EQ curve and the presence control for extra sizzle. Some players choose the Bass Driver because they like "that" sound. Some choose the Para Driver because they require more control over their midrange content.

The best thing to do as always is try before you buy. This includes the Behringer. You never know until you hear it with your instrument, through your speakers with you playing. Also, don't be afraid to turn the controls. That's what they are their for. We offer wide ranging active tone controls so you can sculpt your tone whther going through an amp, power amp and speaker or recording console.
Tech21NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:21 AM   #7
thegiaco2112
Has Won 2 Bass Wars

uhmmmm I prefer the Tech 21 VT bass either the deluxe version or the simple, why? it has more variety of sounds compared to the Sansamp BDDI (which I own). The VT bass has a mid knob and also a character knob (besides the other knobs of course) that allows you to tweek into a specific tone (ranging from a simple SVT tone to a real gnarrly bass fuzz).

But it's up to you brah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarkee
Wait..Giaco is the..."Most interesting man in the world"?????

the Bass Album
thegiaco2112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: