Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
rythmking24

Which acoustic should I buy?

Hello,

I've been looking for a relatively cheap acoustic, with a solid top, for around 300. I've narrowed it down to these two...

Ibanez AW250ECE; http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ibanez-aw25...CFaLHtAodWBYAiQ

And...

Takamine EG320SC; http://www.gak.co.uk/en/takamine-eg...CFc3HtAodIiEAGw

In people's opinions' which would be best? They seem pretty similar to me. Although the Ibanez does have a Fishman pickup and preamp I think. Which takes my fancy. But then I don't know how good the Takamine pickup and preamp is.

Cheers.
rythmking24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
politicalpuck

Can't speak for this model Takamine, but I bought a more expensive Takamine two years ago and it is really sweet. The electrical pick up works terrific, nothing but pleasure using it. Hope this helps you a little.
politicalpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

have you played 'em in person? also have you had the opportunity to compare cedar vs spruce topped guitars?
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
Tejbir Singh

I'll recommend you the Ibanez Artwood. See other models as well and decide the one which fits in your budget and appeals you more. Cheers.
Tejbir Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
Good Ol' Ramos
UG Newbie

I have a hard time not recommending Ibanez acoustics, unless you're trying to buy a high-end acoustic, at which point Martin takes my preference.

You should really play them yourself. We can't help you with just this info as we can't hear what you hear. Whatever sounds "right" to you is what you should get, given you've done some homework on the general pros and cons of these guitars.

Good luck with it.
Good Ol' Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
rythmking24

Thanks for the response guys. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play either of these guitars as there are no music shops near to me that stock them. So I'll just be ordering online.

In terms of what I am after, all I want is a reliable guitar that sounds good and plays well. I've had problems in the past with strange buzzing noises (not fret buzz) and bad intonation. And fret buzz... now that I think about it.

So I'd just be happy with a guitar that doesn't have any of these problems. And I guess I'm curious as to which company out of Ibanez and Takamine will produce the best guitar for this money.

Cheers.

Last edited by rythmking24 : 04-04-2013 at 06:27 AM.
rythmking24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

then you might be safer going with the tak. they seem to have more reliable qc.
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #8
stepchildusmc

err on the side of safety if your buying blindly...take the all-knowing guitar sage's advice. stick with the Tak.
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: