Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 04-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
JBailey23
Oh Captain, my Captain
 
JBailey23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I saw it with my own eyes but where is it on the interwebz?

I was in Guitar Center this past weekend demo-ing some pedals. The sales guy told me about a Mad Professor pedal called the "1" and he told me I had to try it...everybody who has was blown away. I already knew of the Golden Cello but have never heard of the 1 pedal. Its pretty much the same thing as the Cello but instead of delay it has built in reverb just for toying with it for a few minutes. If it weren't for the fact I'm saving up for a down payment on a sexy Scion FR-S I would've shelled out the $200 for it.

But my question is...

Why can't I find any info on it...

Anywhere???
__________________
Gear (for lack of a better signature):

PRS Tremonti
Fender FMT HH Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000
Marshall 1960a
Morley, Fulltone, MXR, and ISP effects

I play for Sleep Juliet. You can call me the Captain.
JBailey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
 
Eppicurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBailey23
I was in Guitar Center this past weekend demo-ing some pedals. The sales guy told me about a Mad Professor pedal called the "1" and he told me I had to try it...everybody who has was blown away. I already knew of the Golden Cello but have never heard of the 1 pedal. Its pretty much the same thing as the Cello but instead of delay it has built in reverb just for toying with it for a few minutes. If it weren't for the fact I'm saving up for a down payment on a sexy Scion FR-S I would've shelled out the $200 for it.

But my question is...

Why can't I find any info on it...

Anywhere???

Because you were probably getting trolled big time. Never heard of 'the one'. Sounds like utter bullshit on GC part.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Eppicurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
JBailey23
Oh Captain, my Captain
 
JBailey23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Unless it was a GC exclusive like they usually do with some manufacturers...don't get me wrong I was impressed by it. I'll snap some pics next time I'm over there.
__________________
Gear (for lack of a better signature):

PRS Tremonti
Fender FMT HH Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000
Marshall 1960a
Morley, Fulltone, MXR, and ISP effects

I play for Sleep Juliet. You can call me the Captain.
JBailey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
ne14t
Registered User
 
ne14t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I think it's a crock, the MP website was updated not that long ago and there is no mention of a "1" pedal and they list all their pedals and the store exclusive ones, as the Golden Cello is exclusive to GC and MusiciansFriend, I think buddy was jerking your chain or something.
__________________
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
ne14t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne14t
I think it's a crock, the MP website was updated not that long ago and there is no mention of a "1" pedal and they list all their pedals and the store exclusive ones, as the Golden Cello is exclusive to GC and MusiciansFriend, I think buddy was jerking your chain or something.


Unless I'm misreading, the OP is claiming to have personally, physically handled it?

Pics or it's a used tubescreamer clone...
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
gumbilicious
beginner
 
gumbilicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: on the road... again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Unless I'm misreading, the OP is claiming to have personally, physically handled it?

Pics or it's a used DS-1 painted green...


+1

ftfy
__________________
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
kaptink
whoa-oh-oh
 
kaptink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Alaska
Could be a custom commisioned pedal
kaptink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
bassmastamitch
Isn't good at bass
 
bassmastamitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Uhmuricuh
I think I've seen it somewhere on the Internet; can't recall where, though.
__________________
Call me Mitch
YouTube
bassmastamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Are you sure it wasn't an Apil Fools' joke?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #10
gregs1020
Hi mom!
 
gregs1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
that's what i immediately thought.
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #11
JBailey23
Oh Captain, my Captain
 
JBailey23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Played it, tweaked the knobs, saw the box, looked at the screen as he pulled it up in the system...(because even then I wasn't sure). Like I say, next time I'm over there I'll snap some pictures of it. Very strange unless this is an uber-new pedal. FYI its at the GC in Shreveport, Louisiana.
__________________
Gear (for lack of a better signature):

PRS Tremonti
Fender FMT HH Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000
Marshall 1960a
Morley, Fulltone, MXR, and ISP effects

I play for Sleep Juliet. You can call me the Captain.
JBailey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #12
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick
 
cdr_salamander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
Are you sure it wasn't an Apil Fools' joke?

Had to be.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
cdr_salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
Offworld92
One among the fence.
 
Offworld92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern California, USA
Next time you go to GC, don't be on drugs?
__________________
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey Predator USA
Ibanez RG520
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:45 AM   #14
ibanezguitars44
Registered User
 
ibanezguitars44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Louisiana
Sure it wasn't one of these?

http://www.mpamp.com/pedal/pedals-ssr.htm

http://www.mpamp.com/pedal/pedals-bodd.htm

Make sure to take a picture next time
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.


╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #15
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
 
Eppicurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sydney
I think I found it. Was it this?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Eppicurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:09 AM   #16
ibanezguitars44
Registered User
 
ibanezguitars44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Louisiana
Lolz
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.


╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #17
JBailey23
Oh Captain, my Captain
 
JBailey23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezguitars44
Sure it wasn't one of these?

http://www.mpamp.com/pedal/pedals-ssr.htm

http://www.mpamp.com/pedal/pedals-bodd.htm

Make sure to take a picture next time


Negative...the pedal was like an amber color so definitely not that.

I guess I'll go tonight to prove you guys wrong. Challenge accepted.
__________________
Gear (for lack of a better signature):

PRS Tremonti
Fender FMT HH Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000
Marshall 1960a
Morley, Fulltone, MXR, and ISP effects

I play for Sleep Juliet. You can call me the Captain.
JBailey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
JBailey23
Oh Captain, my Captain
 
JBailey23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Dang eppicurt I think you found it!
__________________
Gear (for lack of a better signature):

PRS Tremonti
Fender FMT HH Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000
Marshall 1960a
Morley, Fulltone, MXR, and ISP effects

I play for Sleep Juliet. You can call me the Captain.
JBailey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #19
ibanezguitars44
Registered User
 
ibanezguitars44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Louisiana
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.


╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #20
JBailey23
Oh Captain, my Captain
 
JBailey23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Negative. It had the reverb combined in there. I've done made my mind up that I'm going to pick up the Golden Cello this evening but I'm gonna get the guys to get the 1 back out. Pics will hopefully be up about 5-6 hours from now.
__________________
Gear (for lack of a better signature):

PRS Tremonti
Fender FMT HH Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000
Marshall 1960a
Morley, Fulltone, MXR, and ISP effects

I play for Sleep Juliet. You can call me the Captain.
JBailey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.