Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 02:39 AM   #41
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
Let's be real here, there should be no age limit.

Lets just make it 99% of The Pit.

Post Birth Abortions though?
Sounds kind of fucked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings
CodeMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:44 AM   #42
Eastwinn
pulling empty hall alarms

i find humane termination the only option for that kind of accident
Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #43
mystical_1
**** it

Should apply to animals too

or does that cross the line

mystical_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #44
Sampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical_1
Should apply to animals too

or does that cross the line

Animals get treated way better than humans when it comes to stuff like this.

"This animal is in a great deal of pain and will die soon, better put it out of it's misery"

"This person is in a great deal of pain and will die soon, and has expressed the wish to end their life. But we can't have that now, can we?"
Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #45
naedauuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
I think it's like a regular abortion, but the baby ends up outside and not dead. So like, it's still premature and has no chance of making it, the real choice is weather to terminate it there or try to keep it alive with science n stuff.

The first thing they'd do with a baby like that is put it on life support, right? Keeping it ALIVE with science, and THEN they ask the parents. So the parents are making that decision about a live baby by that point. It's like involuntary euthanasia

I don't know, it makes sense to do, to end the childs life if they're ****ed. I agree with that (I originally thought they were talking about killing perfectly healthy just born babies ). No one wants to grow up with some horrible disease or disorder, but that's a debate for another thread.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf : 04-04-2013 at 03:52 AM.
naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 AM   #46
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!

Sombody call??

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:05 AM   #47
ErikLensherr
Banned

If it can't talk yet it's abortable.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #48
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Yes, I support post natal abortion in cases where it is decided that the infant will never achieve a reasonable quality of living (as defined by physiological well-being)

However, it should have nothing to do with the mother's choice. Either she turns over custody to the state, or she agrees to raise the infant. It is a choice of medical ethics after the baby has been born, the mother does not own the child and therefore is not relevant to the choice at hand.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #49
archerygenious
Andrew for short

Location: In your yard, bringing all the boys to it with my milkshakes
If the abortion occurs early enough in the pregnancy (i.e. within first 3 months) then fine, but after that it becomes a lot more sketchy, to be honest I don't think it's wrong to have an abortion in the first three month period at all but this is just messed up :/

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
archerygenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #50
cptcomet
Band

It worries me that the woman doesn't know what is currently done in the situation of a baby being born alive as a result of a botched abortion.

(・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
cptcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #51
willT08
Banned

If it's the result of a botched abortion then of course you should have the option of killing it. It'd be fucking sadistic to keep it alive for the few days it'd likely survive.

The more interesting question is whether you should have the option if the baby is born with a serious defect that you weren't aware of before the birth.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #52
Wormholes
See you on the other side

If a doctor botches a single abortion, they should lose their medical license or whatever and never be able to preform another one.. I'm pro-choice, but when it comes to decisions I honestly don't think us males should have a legal say in any of this.
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #53
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
If a doctor botches a single abortion, they should lose their medical license or whatever and never be able to preform another one.. I'm pro-choice, but when it comes to decisions I honestly don't think us males should have a legal say in any of this.

Yep, having a dick disqualifies one from being able to reason about medical ethics.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #54
Wormholes

it's not that we can't have an opinion on it. But when it comes to voting to make something related to abortion a law it has nothing to do with men, and never will if/until men can conceive. If there were ever some kind of debate of some weird scrotum/penis procedure at birth I wouldn't think females would be able to have a legal say in the matter(excluding transgender obviously).
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #55
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
If it's the result of a botched abortion then of course you should have the option of killing it. It'd be fucking sadistic to keep it alive for the few days it'd likely survive.

The more interesting question is whether you should have the option if the baby is born with a serious defect that you weren't aware of before the birth.

I personally don't think that there are any conditions that can't be detected during screening that would justify that course of action. In which case I do think it would be wrong, as in choosing to carry the pregnancy to full term and give birth you are accepting the child as it is. Every mother knows there will be some kind of risk that the child does not turn out 100% healthy, but the only way to avoid that risk completely is to not give birth in the first place.

Quote:
it's not that we can't have an opinion on it. But when it comes to voting to make something related to abortion a law it has nothing to do with men, and never will if/until men can conceive. If there were ever some kind of debate of some weird scrotum/penis procedure at birth I wouldn't think females would be able to have a legal say in the matter(excluding transgender obviously).

I think they call that circumcision :P

Last edited by OddOneOut : 04-04-2013 at 07:57 AM.
OddOneOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #56
TooktheAtrain
Banned

the problem presented here is one of medical ethics, and has nothing at all to do with the mothers.

Once the baby has left her body she should lose all say, as she has vetoed her own parental rights by having an abortion, if not legally then morally.

The baby that survives the abortion should be in temporary loco parentis, where it is decided by medically qualified individuals whether it would be ethical to preserve the life of the baby or to terminate it.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #57
Wormholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOneOut

I think they call that circumcision :P

I know but that applies to women too and It's too early to think of some new dick at birth procedure.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #58
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl

Quote:
I know but that applies to women too and It's too early to think of some new dick at birth procedure.

Personally the only way I'd say that circumcision applies to women is that a circumcised penis is more likely to irritate the vagina walls during sex. Other than that, it affects women in no way whatsoever. I think it should be a completely personal decision and that parents do not have the right to decide to have their son circumcised for non medical reasons. But that's a whole other can of worms (apparently) and not one for this thread :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
Once the baby has left her body she should lose all say, as she has vetoed her own parental rights by having an abortion, if not legally then morally.

The baby that survives the abortion should be in temporary loco parentis, where it is decided by medically qualified individuals whether it would be ethical to preserve the life of the baby or to terminate it.

This accurately sums up my opinion on the topic at hand.

Last edited by OddOneOut : 04-04-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #59
Wormholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOneOut
Personally the only way I'd say that circumcision applies to women is that a circumcised penis is more likely to irritate the vagina walls during sex. Other than that, it affects women in no way whatsoever. I think it should be a completely personal decision and that parents do not have the right to decide to have their son circumcised for non medical reasons. But that's a whole other can of worms (apparently) and not one for this thread :P

This accurately sums up my opinion on the topic at hand.

I was talking about circumcision of the labia Though I don't think that's legal at birth. I don't know. Again too early for this shit.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #60
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl

Quote:
I was talking about circumcision of the labia Though I don't think that's legal at birth. I don't know. Again too early for this shit.

Female circumcision (ie. Female genital mutilation) is illegal in the UK (and for any british female citizen to be subjected to it anywhere in the world). Hence it never even crossed my mind as circumcision generally refers to male circumcision. Apparently though it's not illegal in the US, which is ridiculous even though it is culturally unacceptable. It's a barbaric and extremely damaging practice as it compromises the health of the vagina and removes almost all feeling of sexual pleasure.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: