Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 02:39 AM   #41
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart
 
CodeMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Masturbating in your armpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
Let's be real here, there should be no age limit.


Lets just make it 99% of The Pit.

Post Birth Abortions though?
Sounds kind of fucked up.
__________________
Programming is an art form that fights back.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings
CodeMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:44 AM   #42
Eastwinn
pulling empty hall alarms
 
Eastwinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Annapolis, MD
i find humane termination the only option for that kind of accident
__________________
Ean Scott
Eastwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #43
mystical_1
**** it
 
mystical_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Should apply to animals too

or does that cross the line
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.


mystical_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #44
Sampy
Registered User
 
Sampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical_1
Should apply to animals too

or does that cross the line


Animals get treated way better than humans when it comes to stuff like this.

"This animal is in a great deal of pain and will die soon, better put it out of it's misery"

"This person is in a great deal of pain and will die soon, and has expressed the wish to end their life. But we can't have that now, can we?"
__________________
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Sampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #45
naedauuf
Registered User
 
naedauuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
I think it's like a regular abortion, but the baby ends up outside and not dead. So like, it's still premature and has no chance of making it, the real choice is weather to terminate it there or try to keep it alive with science n stuff.

The first thing they'd do with a baby like that is put it on life support, right? Keeping it ALIVE with science, and THEN they ask the parents. So the parents are making that decision about a live baby by that point. It's like involuntary euthanasia

I don't know, it makes sense to do, to end the childs life if they're ****ed. I agree with that (I originally thought they were talking about killing perfectly healthy just born babies ). No one wants to grow up with some horrible disease or disorder, but that's a debate for another thread.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.



Last edited by naedauuf : 04-04-2013 at 03:52 AM.
naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 AM   #46
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!
 
slash_GNR666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, England


Sombody call??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.




༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:05 AM   #47
ErikLensherr
Banned
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
If it can't talk yet it's abortable.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #48
TooktheAtrain
Banned
 
TooktheAtrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Yes, I support post natal abortion in cases where it is decided that the infant will never achieve a reasonable quality of living (as defined by physiological well-being)

However, it should have nothing to do with the mother's choice. Either she turns over custody to the state, or she agrees to raise the infant. It is a choice of medical ethics after the baby has been born, the mother does not own the child and therefore is not relevant to the choice at hand.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #49
archerygenious
Andrew for short
 
archerygenious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In your yard, bringing all the boys to it with my milkshakes
If the abortion occurs early enough in the pregnancy (i.e. within first 3 months) then fine, but after that it becomes a lot more sketchy, to be honest I don't think it's wrong to have an abortion in the first three month period at all but this is just messed up :/
__________________
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
archerygenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #50
cptcomet
Band
 
cptcomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
It worries me that the woman doesn't know what is currently done in the situation of a baby being born alive as a result of a botched abortion.
__________________
455 75 34 88

(・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
cptcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #51
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
If it's the result of a botched abortion then of course you should have the option of killing it. It'd be fucking sadistic to keep it alive for the few days it'd likely survive.

The more interesting question is whether you should have the option if the baby is born with a serious defect that you weren't aware of before the birth.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #52
Wormholes
See you on the other side
 
Wormholes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
If a doctor botches a single abortion, they should lose their medical license or whatever and never be able to preform another one.. I'm pro-choice, but when it comes to decisions I honestly don't think us males should have a legal say in any of this.
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #53
TooktheAtrain
Banned
 
TooktheAtrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
If a doctor botches a single abortion, they should lose their medical license or whatever and never be able to preform another one.. I'm pro-choice, but when it comes to decisions I honestly don't think us males should have a legal say in any of this.


Yep, having a dick disqualifies one from being able to reason about medical ethics.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #54
Wormholes
See you on the other side
 
Wormholes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
it's not that we can't have an opinion on it. But when it comes to voting to make something related to abortion a law it has nothing to do with men, and never will if/until men can conceive. If there were ever some kind of debate of some weird scrotum/penis procedure at birth I wouldn't think females would be able to have a legal say in the matter(excluding transgender obviously).
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #55
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
 
OddOneOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Essex, England innit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
If it's the result of a botched abortion then of course you should have the option of killing it. It'd be fucking sadistic to keep it alive for the few days it'd likely survive.

The more interesting question is whether you should have the option if the baby is born with a serious defect that you weren't aware of before the birth.

I personally don't think that there are any conditions that can't be detected during screening that would justify that course of action. In which case I do think it would be wrong, as in choosing to carry the pregnancy to full term and give birth you are accepting the child as it is. Every mother knows there will be some kind of risk that the child does not turn out 100% healthy, but the only way to avoid that risk completely is to not give birth in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
it's not that we can't have an opinion on it. But when it comes to voting to make something related to abortion a law it has nothing to do with men, and never will if/until men can conceive. If there were ever some kind of debate of some weird scrotum/penis procedure at birth I wouldn't think females would be able to have a legal say in the matter(excluding transgender obviously).

I think they call that circumcision :P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.


Last edited by OddOneOut : 04-04-2013 at 07:57 AM.
OddOneOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #56
TooktheAtrain
Banned
 
TooktheAtrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
the problem presented here is one of medical ethics, and has nothing at all to do with the mothers.

Once the baby has left her body she should lose all say, as she has vetoed her own parental rights by having an abortion, if not legally then morally.

The baby that survives the abortion should be in temporary loco parentis, where it is decided by medically qualified individuals whether it would be ethical to preserve the life of the baby or to terminate it.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #57
Wormholes
See you on the other side
 
Wormholes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOneOut

I think they call that circumcision :P


I know but that applies to women too and It's too early to think of some new dick at birth procedure.
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #58
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
 
OddOneOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Essex, England innit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
I know but that applies to women too and It's too early to think of some new dick at birth procedure.

Personally the only way I'd say that circumcision applies to women is that a circumcised penis is more likely to irritate the vagina walls during sex. Other than that, it affects women in no way whatsoever. I think it should be a completely personal decision and that parents do not have the right to decide to have their son circumcised for non medical reasons. But that's a whole other can of worms (apparently) and not one for this thread :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
Once the baby has left her body she should lose all say, as she has vetoed her own parental rights by having an abortion, if not legally then morally.

The baby that survives the abortion should be in temporary loco parentis, where it is decided by medically qualified individuals whether it would be ethical to preserve the life of the baby or to terminate it.

This accurately sums up my opinion on the topic at hand.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.


Last edited by OddOneOut : 04-04-2013 at 08:09 AM.
OddOneOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #59
Wormholes
See you on the other side
 
Wormholes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOneOut
Personally the only way I'd say that circumcision applies to women is that a circumcised penis is more likely to irritate the vagina walls during sex. Other than that, it affects women in no way whatsoever. I think it should be a completely personal decision and that parents do not have the right to decide to have their son circumcised for non medical reasons. But that's a whole other can of worms (apparently) and not one for this thread :P


This accurately sums up my opinion on the topic at hand.



I was talking about circumcision of the labia Though I don't think that's legal at birth. I don't know. Again too early for this shit.
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #60
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
 
OddOneOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Essex, England innit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
I was talking about circumcision of the labia Though I don't think that's legal at birth. I don't know. Again too early for this shit.

Female circumcision (ie. Female genital mutilation) is illegal in the UK (and for any british female citizen to be subjected to it anywhere in the world). Hence it never even crossed my mind as circumcision generally refers to male circumcision. Apparently though it's not illegal in the US, which is ridiculous even though it is culturally unacceptable. It's a barbaric and extremely damaging practice as it compromises the health of the vagina and removes almost all feeling of sexual pleasure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

OddOneOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.