Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
DESTROYER5000
Banned

Questions......sigh

I ordered my parts today and was wondering what matching output humbuckers sound like, y'know, like with one in the neck position and one in the bridge position? Does any body have any experience in my boat?

Last edited by DESTROYER5000 : 04-06-2013 at 02:29 AM.
DESTROYER5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

I have no experience with it, but I know the neck is a louder position. I definitely wouldn't want to match pickups.

Is there some reason why you want to do that? Pickup manufacturers make neck pickups so you don't have to deal with the volume difference.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #3
DESTROYER5000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RP1G
I have no experience with it, but I know the neck is a louder position. I definitely wouldn't want to match pickups.

Is there some reason why you want to do that? Pickup manufacturers make neck pickups so you don't have to deal with the volume difference.

I was just wondering about doing it that way in my v so that I could put a switch that turns them into series wired
Old 04-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
supersac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTROYER5000
I was just wondering about doing it that way in my v so that I could put a switch that turns them into series wired

you could do this with any humbuckers i once added a switch to someones guitar o that in the middle position is could switch between parralel and series

if you have the same output humbuckers the neck would be alot louder unless you lower it but theres only so far you can raise or drop a pickup from the strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
You sound like an amazing friend
i sound like one...im secretly a huge dick

my bands soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/thenativetongues
supersac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #5
barnesybaby
UG's Dimarzio Expert

Yeah, switching can be done regardless of pickup, assuming they are all 4 coil pickups (IIRC).
Neck pickups are usually built to be 25% 'quieter' than their bridge equivalents, so you want to look for an pickup that would approximate that output. For example the famous combinations of JB/59 CrunchLab/Liquifire etc
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
barnesybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
DESTROYER5000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesybaby
Yeah, switching can be done regardless of pickup, assuming they are all 4 coil pickups (IIRC).
Neck pickups are usually built to be 25% 'quieter' than their bridge equivalents, so you want to look for an pickup that would approximate that output. For example the famous combinations of JB/59 CrunchLab/Liquifire etc

I'm using Kramer quad rails

Rate This Thread: