Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 04-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
DESTROYER5000
Banned
 
DESTROYER5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Questions......sigh

I ordered my parts today and was wondering what matching output humbuckers sound like, y'know, like with one in the neck position and one in the bridge position? Does any body have any experience in my boat?

Last edited by DESTROYER5000 : 04-06-2013 at 02:29 AM.
DESTROYER5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
 
W4RP1G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
I have no experience with it, but I know the neck is a louder position. I definitely wouldn't want to match pickups.

Is there some reason why you want to do that? Pickup manufacturers make neck pickups so you don't have to deal with the volume difference.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #3
DESTROYER5000
Banned
 
DESTROYER5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RP1G
I have no experience with it, but I know the neck is a louder position. I definitely wouldn't want to match pickups.

Is there some reason why you want to do that? Pickup manufacturers make neck pickups so you don't have to deal with the volume difference.

I was just wondering about doing it that way in my v so that I could put a switch that turns them into series wired
DESTROYER5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
supersac
Registered User
 
supersac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTROYER5000
I was just wondering about doing it that way in my v so that I could put a switch that turns them into series wired

you could do this with any humbuckers i once added a switch to someones guitar o that in the middle position is could switch between parralel and series


if you have the same output humbuckers the neck would be alot louder unless you lower it but theres only so far you can raise or drop a pickup from the strings
__________________
a youtube link?
maybe you should click on it
http://www.youtube.com/user/supersac69


Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
You sound like an amazing friend
i sound like one...im secretly a huge dick

my bands soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/thenativetongues
supersac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #5
barnesybaby
UG's Dimarzio Expert
 
barnesybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Yeah, switching can be done regardless of pickup, assuming they are all 4 coil pickups (IIRC).
Neck pickups are usually built to be 25% 'quieter' than their bridge equivalents, so you want to look for an pickup that would approximate that output. For example the famous combinations of JB/59 CrunchLab/Liquifire etc
__________________
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
barnesybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
DESTROYER5000
Banned
 
DESTROYER5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesybaby
Yeah, switching can be done regardless of pickup, assuming they are all 4 coil pickups (IIRC).
Neck pickups are usually built to be 25% 'quieter' than their bridge equivalents, so you want to look for an pickup that would approximate that output. For example the famous combinations of JB/59 CrunchLab/Liquifire etc

I'm using Kramer quad rails
DESTROYER5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.