Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  

Old 04-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: May 2011
PU replacement question

I'm looking to replace the active EMG's in my guitar with non active S. Duncan's. Is this easy enough for a guitar tech to do? I've never replaced active pu's with non actives before so I wasn't sure if this could be done with little trouble
fraculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Time Lord
-MintSauce-'s Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Location: England
The only real 'issue' is installing a bridge grounding wire, assuming that your guitar didn't come with passives to begin with.

In general though, it's a like-for-like replacement - remove the old pickups, pots, jack and switches, then drop the new ones in.
-MintSauce- is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2016
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.