Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
amitn17

Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

My very first attempt at this awesome and amazing song !
I know I didn't palm-mute it wasn't on porpouse I tend to forget...
and about the part before the harmony solo - it sounds bad because I was on Treble

youtube.com/watch?v=gHjrveabSKU

Hope you like it

Last edited by amitn17 : 04-07-2013 at 05:43 PM.
amitn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
Big bang theory

Ok Not bad I think your tone was far too trebley, Pretty good on the solo you made a couple mistakes and some wrong notes, also on the clean part you didn't play, you wanna engage people with your vids no one is gonna wanna see you sitting there doing nothing, if you couldn't switch to a clean tone on the fly cause no footswitch/pedal you could've easily rolled of the volume and strummed a little just so your not sitting there. Also the guy standing there making a cameo get him out of the shot, lol. All in all not bad killer song and Band

check out my latest on here.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1596425 (Shinedown 45)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1596025 (A7X Seize the day SOLO)
Big bang theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

As you said it needs the palm muting and the tone is pretty ear rape.

The solo is very evidently far beyond your technical capabilities right now as well but good job for giving it a go at least.

Avenged Sevenfold have some deceivingly technical songs, and the solo's in particular can be very very tricky.

Perhaps i'm being far too critical, but that's the honest truth :P
American Standard Tele 2012
Yamaha APX450
~~~
Line 6 POD HD500
Orange Dark terror
Orange PPC112
vayne92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
Intet

Add palm muting and alot is done, also you should work on your picking style (it's boring, but beyond nessesary)

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1596696

Old 04-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
amitn17

Thanks for the responses guys , about A7X solos being too technical or my technique being insufficient of my picking style not being to your liking...I already think I noted it was my first go, I just wanted somthing to "kick-off" with the channel...also I don't believe that the solo has to be a replica of Syn's solo (FYI he changes it everytime ) this was more like Live in the LBC performance where he changed a few bits ,so notes that were missed ,were missed on porpouse I will post a new one as soon as I'll get the clean part (too lazy to study)
I practice alot and have heard more than once or twice that my technique is pretty good for a person who only plays a year and a half ...
Old 04-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #6
Snazzydash

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitn17
Thanks for the responses guys , about A7X solos being too technical or my technique being insufficient of my picking style not being to your liking...I already think I noted it was my first go, I just wanted somthing to "kick-off" with the channel...also I don't believe that the solo has to be a replica of Syn's solo (FYI he changes it everytime ) this was more like Live in the LBC performance where he changed a few bits ,so notes that were missed ,were missed on porpouse I will post a new one as soon as I'll get the clean part (too lazy to study)
I practice alot and have heard more than once or twice that my technique is pretty good for a person who only plays a year and a half ...

Somebody is a little bitch who can't take criticism.
Snazzydash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
amitn17

dude if you don't have somthing smart to say ...then just shut up ...
for someone who talks so big you don't seem to have any posts showing your skill...so if you came to troll just GTFO ...

Rate This Thread: