Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
fustrun

My new Game of Thrones cover !

Hey guys !
I absolutely love this show and fell in love with it from day one so in honor of the new season i have just finished covering the main title of "Game of Thrones", as i know it had been done a million times but i took it to a new direction with the orchestra intact.
I really hope you enjoy it ! and if not let me know how i can get better !

Thanks !
fustrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
Jacek.W

Really cool stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Jacek.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
Rawshik
Homophobic Racist

This is great.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
marrs11
Est 1991

Awesome job! I really like the whole rhythm and lead blend setup you have there. I think it does it wonderful justice, myself. If I had anything to crit, it might be though, that I wished the rhythm guitars were a little louder, and overall, wished the guitars were just a little heavier, more gain maybe, and mayyybe a just a tad more reverb possibly. Otherwise, the whole thing is brilliant!

If you're up for it, I have something I uploaded a couple days ago that you might like, if you like Skyrim, and know who Malukah is? I recently did a harmonics guitars mix of a cover she did of The Dragonborn Comes. Malukah herself said she thought it was beautiful, so I figured I'd share it around here as well. Feel free to check it out if you'd like and leave me a comment.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCRdkpy1iPA
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
fustrun

Thanks guys !

@marrs11
Thanks for your input i just wanted to keep it "soft" rather then aggressive since the whole "heavy" approach has been done alot of times, and i sensed that raising the volume on the guitars would be not appropriate.

Now about your track, you would really want to EQ that high end, my headphones have alot of mid-low boost so even on my headphones they were too "piercing" and maybe a more "Airy" tone to fit the atmosphere of the song, but what do i know i am an amateur aswell
Overall very solid track Congratulations !
Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
Big bang theory

Sounded pretty epic! Never seen the show heard that song but i loved it.

C4C

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1596707
Big bang theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
fustrun

You really should try watching it it's pretty amazing, and the soundtrack is brilliant !
Old 06-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
migranten

The third season is based on the first half of the novel A Storm of Swords. Benioff had previously said that A Storm of Swords would need to be adapted in two seasons on account of its length. Benioff and Weiss also noted that they thought of Game of Thrones Season 3 DVD - [forbidden link] as an adaptation of the novel series as a whole, rather than of individual books, which gave them the liberty to move scenes back and forth across books according to the requirements of the screen adaptation. A part of me hoped they'd break with the books and just have Tyrion leap from the table and stick his dinner knife right into Joffrey's eye. The look on Tywin's face would have been worth it.
migranten is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: