Password
Search:

Old 04-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #61
HighspeedNazi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephaphil
Wow, someone Jewish owns something!
It's not the Jewish ownership that bothers me. It's the complete monopoly they have on so many different things like the media, the U.S. Government via AIPAC, banking and finance, etc. Question those monopolies and you get called all sorts of nasty names even though your questions are right and true.

That ownership leads to YOUR (and mine) wealth being siphoned and sent overseas to a foreign power. This wouldn't happen if America weren't first brainwashed with the media that they also control.

I'm not going to get into a flame war on this subject. Not why I'm here. However, I did want to address your presumption, and rebut that presumption with my position on the subject. Again, it's not the ownership, but the monopoly and use of that monopoly to manipulate the populace into surrendering their wealth and freedom that would not otherwise be surrendered if not for the mental and emotional manipulation through their various other organs and monopolies.

Last edited by HighspeedNazi : 04-11-2013 at 07:00 PM.
HighspeedNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #62
SteveHOC
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighspeedNazi
It's not the Jewish ownership that bothers me. It's the complete monopoly they have on so many different things like the media, the U.S. Government via AIPAC, banking and finance, etc. Question those monopolies and you get called all sorts of nasty names even though your questions are right and true.

That ownership leads to YOUR (and mine) wealth being siphoned and sent overseas to a foreign power. This wouldn't happen if America weren't first brainwashed with the media that they also control.

I'm not going to get into a flame war on this subject. Not why I'm here. However, I did want to address your presumption, and rebut that presumption with my position on the subject. Again, it's not the ownership, but the monopoly and use of that monopoly to manipulate the populace into surrendering their wealth and freedom that would not otherwise be surrendered if not for the mental and emotional manipulation through their various other organs and monopolies.

So you're a paranoid anti-Semite? Brainwashed? Sure, it's everyone else, couldn't be you.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #63
MissingSomethin

Originally Posted by MissingSomethin
As for general conversation,
(1) how has the collector guitar market fared since the 2008 recession?
(2) Is this a good time to get into the game? Or a bad one?
(3) Have certain models dropped in value?
(4) Have others gone even higher?
(5) Are there certain segments you'd focus on? (6) Good deals these days?
(7) Or priced too high, since everyone's getting in on the action?
(8) Supply vs. demand?
(9) Which one wins these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
1 - it took a huge hit.
2 - it's always a good time.
3 - yes
4 - not really, most dropped some. the best stuff held on pretty well considering it was as overinflated as the real estate market.
5 - yes
6 - yes, very good.
7 - everyone isn't getting in on the action, where did you get that idea?
8 - as usual.
9 - cash wins everytime. there is still a supply and a demand.

Can you share your insight?

Can you give me some examples of how hard the market has been hit?
Peak price vs. current price on a popular model?

What segment would you focus on?
What segment has the best value right now?
Where are the best deals?
MissingSomethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #64
MissingSomethin

In light on some responses here, I have realized that I am not really looking for an "investment". I already have investments. I want to treat myself, and take the first step in starting a vintage guitar collection that I can enjoy (and jam with). While I am not looking to lose 50% on a deal, I am not treating this as an income play. If I ever sell and get most of my money back, that's all I need. This is for collecting, not investing. I understand the difference. Collecting can be an expensive hobby. I can do that.

I do not want modern guitars (that are high in supply).
I do not want acoustic guitars.
I do not want amps.
I do not want 80s guitars.

I want vintage. I want electric. I want rare. I want to play my guitars. I want somewhat rare and established collectibles in the "top 20". I am going to focus on pre-65 Stats, as my first deal. I want a great value, and am very patient. I feel most comfortable in the $10k range for my first collectible.

Got any good links? I am going to do some more reading this weekend.

Last edited by MissingSomethin : 04-11-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #65
MissingSomethin

I thought this was an interesting perspective about vintage items growing "obsolete"
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sh...d.php?t=1246805
Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #66
MissingSomethin

Quote:
Originally Posted by engage757
under 50k? DAMN. 50's all original Fender stratocaster. No if, ands, or buts. Can be had for under 15k easily. I know where some are online right now actually.

Where are you seeing 1950's Strats for under $15k ?
It seems like 1950's Strats are more like $25k-$30k and up...
Old 04-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #67
Ippon
Amped

MissingSomethin, build a bedroom surrounded by gear rooms and get every Gibson and Fender available and will be available. Do the same with amps, start with Soldanos, Mesas, and Bogners. Then buy some Germans: Diezel, Hughes & Kettner, and ENGL.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #68
Robbgnarly

Quote:
Diamonds are a scam in my opinion for the very reason that DeBeers (A Jewish organization by the way) has brainwashed most women (the men have to tag along for the ride though) into thinking that diamonds are something special. It's all marketing, smoke, and mirrors. If people actually were able to think critically and did some research on diamonds that market would crash.

Same goes for Federal Reserve Notes and fractional reserve banking. If people knew it was just shell game that usurious system would fail as it rightly should.

If it is such a scam, why have so many gotten rich off of this

Your logic is flawed and you are wrong.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #69
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
I do not want modern guitars (that are high in supply).
I do not want acoustic guitars.
I do not want amps.
I do not want 80s guitars.

I want vintage. I want electric. I want rare. I want to play my guitars. I want somewhat rare and established collectibles in the "top 20". I am going to focus on pre-65 Stats, as my first deal. I want a great value, and am very patient. I feel most comfortable in the $10k range for my first collectible.

OK, Sam-I-Am!

When it comes to instrument stores, every Guitar Center I have ever been in, oddly, has had a small selection of high end vintage electrics.

Other places I would look:

Charley's
http://www.charleysguitar.com/

Elderly Instruments
http://elderly.com/welcome.htm

I would also check out the ads in Vintage Guitar Magazine and Premiere Guitar Magazine to find other vintage dealers of note.

The prices may not be the best- after all, they know exactly what they have- but you can rest assured that if you buy a $10k guitar from them, it is the real deal.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 04-12-2013 at 12:28 AM.
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:37 AM   #70
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly

Your logic is flawed and you are wrong.

In the interest of serving the truth, I have to say the hatemonger is right in saying that the price on diamonds is artificially inflated.

The fact is, though, while it used to be that DeBeers controlled 90% of the market, they don't have that power any more. Too many big, high-quality strikes have been made in places like Australia, Russia, Canada and the USA for them to do so. However, it serves the interests of the mine owners to behave as if DeBeers still had a monopoly, and set a price.

Remember my mentioning the Russians? They were looking for loans to buy wheat at one time, and South Africa was voting against them every time. So they gave 60 Minutes a tour of a Russian diamond vault, saying that if they couldn't get a loan, they'd have to start selling diamonds.

South Africa stopped blocking the Russians shortly after that piece aired: had the Russians liquidated diamonds, the price would have fallen so low, not only would the diamond market crash, but so would the market for simulated diamonds like CZ and YAGs.

But with all those players in question, its clearly not all about the Jews.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 04-12-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #71
Robbgnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
In the interest of serving the truth, I have to say the hatemonger is right in saying that the price on diamonds is artificially inflated.

The fact is, though, while it used to be that DeBeers controlled 90% of the market, they don't have that power any more. Too many big, high-quality strikes have been made in places like Australia, Russia, Canada and the USA for them to do so. However, it serves the interests of the mine owners to behave as if DeBeers still had a monopoly, and set a price.

Remember my mentioning the Russians? They were looking for loans to buy wheat at one time, and South Africa was voting against them every time. So they gave 60 Minutes a tour of a Russian diamond vault, saying that if they couldn't get a loan, they'd have to start selling diamonds.

South Africa stopped blocking the Russians shortly after that piece aired: had the Russians liquidated diamonds, the price would have fallen so low, not only would the diamond market crash, but so would the market for simulated diamonds like CZ and YAGs.

But with all those players in question, its clearly not all about the Jews.

That may be, but Diamonds are worth big money and millions have made a fortune or are making a fortune off them.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Old 04-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #72
JustRooster
Organ Donor

I don't know enough about the collector and high vintage guitar trade to really add anything to that conversation, but I'd like to mirror Ippon's post to throw out an alternative that you could always entire soundproof a room, set it up with some great recording equipment, and still have a great amount of cash to spare on some serious GAS.

BUCKY
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #73
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
That may be, but Diamonds are worth big money and millions have made a fortune or are making a fortune off them.

And it will remain that way as long as everyone mostly plays by the unwritten rules set down by DeBeers.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #74
rander7917

If we're all being honest with one another I think it's clear that op doesn't want an investment. He wants a really sweet vintage guitar. You don't play investments, you don't love investments. You don't put gold bars on a shelf to show off. You lock them up.

In terms of what I'm talking about fenders are sweet and you can find some fairly lowish.
rander7917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #75
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

The thing with vintage guitars is many of them suck. They made as many duds back then as they do today. You're gonna have a hard time finding a vintage guitar in the price range you're looking for that plays well also.

I still say go for a high end custom or something if you want a player's guitar. I'd have a few custom shop strats for that kind of money. A traditional style with a 12 inch board, blocked 6 point trem and some duncal SSL, a showmaster type without the painted headstock and a hardtail bridge and a couple of p90s and another showmaster style decked out like an 80s guitar with a floyd.

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.
Kevin Saale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #76
heyjoe73

Missing something, I'll give you the same advice as I give anyone asking what sort of guitar to buy-do lots and lots of research, take your time, and go and try a lot of guitars-the more experience you have then hopefully the easier you will realise what you are looking for.

Everyone on here can give you their personal opinion of what they like or think, but until you've sat down and played lots of guitars you wont know what works for you. Its an easy choice to recommend certain era Gibsons or Fenders, but if you don't like the feel of them, or the way they play, then its pointless you buying them unless you are specifically looking for an investment.

I've read through your posts and I would say a couple of other things, you mention you dont want to buy amps, I find this strange. If you're willing to pay £10k+ for a guitar why not shop for a great amp too. To get a great sound you dont need just a great guitar, you need to consider everything in the signal chain, amp, cables etc etc, you get what you pay for. Also, I wouldn't discount Japanese guitars, if you know what to look for there are some stunning Japanese made guitars out there, which command good prices-until you've tried some, please don't discount them, as you could be missing out.

Hope this helps.

Joe
heyjoe73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #77
HighspeedNazi
Banned

Quote:
Marketing and gullible women. "A diamond is forever" and all of that horse crap. Women will believe anything if you present it in an emotional, romantic package.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #78
Robbgnarly

Quote:
Marketing and gullible women. "A diamond is forever" and all of that horse crap. Women will believe anything if you present it in an emotional, romantic package.

reguardless, they have made money weather you agree with their practices, your point is invalid.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Old 04-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #79
HighspeedNazi
Banned

Quote:
reguardless, they have made money weather you agree with their practices, your point is invalid.
It's "whether," not "weather." My point is quite valid while your spelling and grammar are atrocious.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #80
SteveHOC
Used Register

Quote:

So you've got misogyny going on as well. You realize that making prejudicial remarks is presenting issues in an Emotional , irrational package, right? Oh, and it makes you sound like a jackass.

Rate This Thread: