Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
intothe

Bedroom acoustic guitar music [GP5]

This is one of a couple of acoustic songs which are basically in the same mood I'm working on at the moment, I can dig it but I'm not sure if it's interesting enough, I do feel like it might be a bit anticlimactic as well
Any opinions?
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 woopwoop.gp5 (32.8 KB, 130 views)
intothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
Metabolic575
nameless voice

I really didn't mind it, there was some odd dissonance in the section starting at measure 25, more specifically measure 31 and each time it repeated.
Other than that I thought was pretty good. I understand what you mean by it being anticlimactic, but at the same time I didn't really feel like it built up too much where it really needed something big to finish.
Metabolic575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:14 AM   #3
NegiTom

I really enjoyed this, it reminds me of 90s emo quite a lot, I expect to hear Mike Kinsella whine over the top of it. The weird dissonance is kind of off putting but not completely disgusting. Some more technical drumming could be a nice attribution to it too, just added fills etc, the drum patterns blend into the background pretty well and don't disrupt it. I do agree with Metabolic though, I wouldn't say it was anticlimactic because it didn't really feel like it was building to a crescendo or anything, it was just chill all the way through, and it ended consistently. I'd like to hear this recorded!
NegiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
QuantumInfinity
Yeay!

Fell asleep to this yesterday, so thank you for that (couldn't get to sleep the last 2 days, thank you so much!), sounds very chill and very relaxed, even though there's stuff going on almost all the time.

Pretty melodies and I don't think you need a climax in that song at all, I'd just keep it as is and be happy about it, especially the pattern starting at around bar 65 onwards

Crit me! / C4C
QuantumInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: