Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #21
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

To all those saying that they don't eat meat because of the conditions that the animals are kept in: You're forgetting one important thing.

Cruelty makes meat taste delicious. If I were breeding cattle, I'd belittle them all day long, and hand out suplexes like no tomorrow. They'd be the most tormented and delicious cattle ever to have existed.

I'll cut my hair a little differently....

....put on some glasses....

....Find somewhere to hide....

Tell the United Nations they've got the wrong number.

Live a quiet life.

Last edited by metacarpi : 04-19-2013 at 10:06 AM.
metacarpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #22
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
Cruelty makes me taste delicious.

You are the scariest masochist I have ever encountered.
Your gratitude shown in my death

She's dead...wrapped in plastic
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #23
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
You are the scariest masochist I have ever encountered.

Quality typo is quality!

Live a quiet life.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #24
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, vegetarians are responsible for the existence of meat replacement products that apparently taste like the real thing... but how do they know that they taste like the real thing?
Obviously because they get someone who eats meat to compare the two, ergo, vegetarianism is inadvertantly causing animals to be slaughtered.

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #25
SAB-84

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/veget...ad-environment/

"most of the animals we eat consume grass, we donít. We instead can take our energy from the meat that was fed something we canít eat. By growing crops of corn, wheat or soy where there would normally be grass, we destroy those animalís natural feeding grounds in larger and larger portions. Those animals often canít adapt to the ecosystem change and end-up dying. Therefore, eating lots of soy, wheat or corn based products indirectly kills more animals and top soil than eating a Paleo diet with lots of meat."

That is all.

Last edited by SAB-84 : 04-19-2013 at 10:13 AM.
SAB-84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #26
willT08
Banned

Oh, when are we gonna get good properly synthetic meat?

As in, meat grown using the DNA of cows, pigs etc?

Because that would solve everyone's shit
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #27
Mudmen190
Galactic Bounthunterrrrrr

Vegetarians do not like capitalism.

TIME CONSUMING

CONSUME ME

Mudmen190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #28
Guodlca
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
but you have no idea. no matter how many vegemetarians you convert, you will never stop me from serving hundreds of nuggets, mcchickens, and crispy and grilled patties, and pounds over pounds of hamburger meat, every single hour of the day (except3-5am). there is absolutely on impact on the consumption of meat in anywhere, period.
Okay. 25% of the worlds population becomes vegetarian today. Do you still serve just as much from now on? No, because 25% is quite alot?
At what percent does it become noticeable then? 5, 10, 15%?
You can't just set a percentage at which it becomes noticeable and at that point it does actually decrease the production of meat.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #29
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
I've said it before and I'll say it again, vegetarians are responsible for the existence of meat replacement products that apparently taste like the real thing... but how do they know that they taste like the real thing?
Obviously because they get someone who eats meat to compare the two, ergo, vegetarianism is inadvertantly causing animals to be slaughtered.

That's ridiculous. It's like saying people shouldn't look for alternative fuels to oil as to compare they need oil.
For a start, you could ask non-vegetarians or ex-meat eaters to compare, neither of which would be consuming more meat than normal. Secondly, the point of these products is to minimise future consumption of meat. A lot of people could accept one wrong to avoid a massive number more future wrongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB-84

That article is ridiculous.

Quote:
"Who are we as a species, after all, to decide that we should break the natural food-chain?"

- this is one of the worst arguments you regularly see against vegetarianism. Appeals to nature like this are simply ridiculous.

Quote:
"Most herbivores have to eat slowly all day long and have a digestive system to digest cellulose by a fermentation process. This job often requires more than one stomach. Comparatively, most carnivores can eat more infrequently and will stay well fed for a much longer period of time after eating, This is a good thing because they can survive for a couple of days if they donít make any kills for a while."

- this is a problem the human species avoided by cooking food. If eating raw food you have to keep eating, however humans started cooking their food so it was more easily digested and so this wasn't a problem.

Quote:
"Next up is the fact that whatís destroying the environment more than anything right now is our industrial farming practices and especially the big mono-cultures like wheat, corn and soy. Agriculture is the industry that consumes the most oil if you think about all the machinery used and food transportation needed. Therefore, the importance of eating locally produced meat and locally grown vegetables and fruits, when available, is huge.

- this is against eating food shipped in from afar, not against vegetarian diets. In any case, I do not believe that the transport and harvesting footprint of crops is more than animals. Animals require just as much transportation as crops, and need food shipped to them anyway.

Quote:
"Knowing that, itís not wise to eat grains and grain derived products because most of the production of those grains is actually killing the top soil instead of feeding it. The soils become less and less fertile year after year. Most organic and animal friendly farms will try to produce with the help of the soil instead of against it."

- this is the point of crop rotation. Different crops use different minerals so are rotated so that the top soil isn't drained. That's just a basic principle of agriculture.

Quote:
"Lastly, most of the animals we eat consume grass, we donít. We instead can take our energy from the meat that was fed something we canít eat. By growing crops of corn, wheat or soy where there would normally be grass, we destroy those animalís natural feeding grounds in larger and larger portions. Those animals often canít adapt to the ecosystem change and end-up dying."

- the animals eating the grass are the ones we breed to eat... They wouldn't die off in massive number if we changed the fields to other crops, they wouldn't be there at all. Filling fields with crops isn't taking land from wild animals, those animals are only there to eat.

Last edited by MadClownDisease : 04-19-2013 at 10:28 AM.
MadClownDisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #30
LeakyFlask
onaarq

Didn't jrcsgtpeppers use to be fairly reasonable? Looking at his avatar I feel like I used to read his posts and quite enjoy them, or at least not cringe from them. Now he's been consistently stoned for months, makes way too many poorly formulated threads about metaphysical matters and seems to be unable to grasp rather simple concepts like supply and demand.

He's like a living, breathing anti-drug campaign.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #31
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Most vegetarians love the environment and countryside.

I can't help thinking there'd be more of it if they'd just stop eating it.

Live a quiet life.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #32
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat

the correct incorrect spelling is vegetablearian

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
JimmyBanks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #33
VanTheKraut
How tough am I?!

We are designed by evolution to eat meat. That's why all the vegetarians have to eat tofu, nuts, or take protein supplements because its worse for you to not get any protein and complex amino acid chains. Animals are the only food source that contain all of the amino acids, those that don't eat animals have to play mix and match if they want all the essential (not produced naturally in our bodies) amino acids.

And meat just tastes so damn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Old Country. Old Blues. Old Rock. Old Metal. Gangsta Rap.
VanTheKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #34
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
also health reasons

You know, there are good arguments in support of veganism. This isn't one of them.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #35
LeakyFlask
onaarq

I don't eat meat but I do it simply for personal reasons, meaning I don't go around promoting it as a superior way of living. I started getting slightly uncomfortable eating meat and I didn't really care that much for it anyways (with the exception of black pudding) so I figured I might as well see what it's like not to. If I end up living closer to nature or what have you, and not in a high-rise canyon far from where the would-be meat actually live I could see myself eating it again.
Right now I feel better off without it though, and I really can't see what's so provoking about it. To each their own, as we say.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #36
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath

Mind<=blown.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #37
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanTheKraut
We are designed by evolution to eat meat. That's why all the vegetarians have to eat tofu, nuts, or take protein supplements because its worse for you to not get any protein and complex amino acid chains. Animals are the only food source that contain all of the amino acids, those that don't eat animals have to play mix and match if they want all the essential (not produced naturally in our bodies) amino acids.

And meat just tastes so damn good.

No, due to the way we have evolved we require certain nutrients, evolution doesn't dictate we must eat meat. In fact you just said it yourself, we can get all these nutrients elsewhere.

Meat does taste great though (well not all meat obviously, but that goes for anything).
Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #38
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadClownDisease
No, due to the way we have evolved we require certain nutrients, evolution doesn't dictate we must eat meat. In fact you just said it yourself, we can get all these nutrients elsewhere.

Meat does taste great though (well not all meat obviously, but that goes for anything).

There's no type of lettuce that tastes as good as bacon.

I've never understood the 'we evolved to eat meat' argument. Not because of the issues you posed, but because if you're going to take an evolutionary perspective then there's no reason to act even slightly morally towards other animals, so the 'we need the nutrients' argument is erroneous.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #39
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadClownDisease

True, but given the way our teeth have evolved to include incisors, it's pretty clear that meat has been a stpale part of the human diet for 1,000's of years.

Live a quiet life.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #40
VanTheKraut
How tough am I?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
True, but given the way our teeth have evolved to include incisors, it's pretty clear that meat has been a stpale part of the human diet for 1,000's of years.

I don't know, bro. Sometimes those apples fight back, you gotta go right for the throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Old Country. Old Blues. Old Rock. Old Metal. Gangsta Rap.
VanTheKraut is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: