Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #81
ultradogfromhel
love
 
ultradogfromhel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: nyc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrauVfromPoB
Humans are animals. Animals eat meat.


Humans are animals. Animals eat plants.

try again
ultradogfromhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #82
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadClownDisease
Which, if your issue is animal welfare, is not a problem.


No, they will buy the burger they were going to buy and I won't buy the burger I would buy.
If 10% are veggie (I don't have any statistics, so for arguments sake I will accept that), then there 10% less animals being killed for meat.

I don't understand if you are trolling here, the fact that a lot of other people do something in no way means you shouldn't avoid it, especially if you are trying to promote vegetarianism.

Youre wrong. 100% of animals are being killed all the time for consunption! If you dont eat a burger some fat ass will eat two. You have no impact on the situation whatsoever. I can be a vefgie all my life and it wont help anyone. Not even myself.
__________________
Progressive Electronic Jazz Metal
Totally Tubular
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #83
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.O.T.M
I couldn't give a fuck if other people still eat meat. I think it's wrong, so I don't do it.

Then do soomething proactive about it. I dont like murderers so i wont murder. That isnt gonna do shit to help the problem. Its avoiding the problem.
__________________
Progressive Electronic Jazz Metal
Totally Tubular
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #84
mjones1992
Guest
 
mjones1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Langhorne, PA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
Youre wrong. 100% of animals are being killed all the time for consunption! If you dont eat a burger some fat ass will eat two. You have no impact on the situation whatsoever. I can be a vefgie all my life and it wont help anyone. Not even myself.


lol. nono. I'll admit you're right that there will always be the same amount of animals being killed for consumption (not including fluctuating numbers because of diseases like mad cow and what-not that ends up killing some of the 'crop' (crop being the animals), or something going wrong in a meat plant and they have to get rid of a bunch of it).

However, you're insinuating that if someone decides to become vegetarian, that every time they DONT eat a burger, some sort of electro-magnetic-magical-voodoo-ass impulse gets sent to a fat person to eat their share. It doesn't. The fact is, in most countries, there's more supply (meat) then there is a demand. That's why we end up throwing away all kinds of food at restaurants and our homes. Food goes bad.

And no, to say that being a veggie couldn't help yourself is a bit silly. There's plenty of health benefits to it. Learn to google for christ' sake.

EDIT:

Quote:
Then do soomething proactive about it. I dont like murderers so i wont murder. That isnt gonna do shit to help the problem. Its avoiding the problem.


So.... leik.... anything we don't believe in, we have to devote time and energy into fixing? how old are you? Most of us on here are musicians, but we have to work regular jobs to survive financially. Between the two, there's not all kinds of time to find some sort of solution to every single problem the world has. (not to mention I'm sure at least one or two of you have an SO you spend time with, or maybe even have a kid or two (HIGHLY unlikely).

Examples? I don't have time to worry about/change/fix global climate change, the growing feud between allied countries and NK, the growing problem with waste and how it's dealt with, the new CISPA bill, etc. etc.

But hell, if I don't believe that they're right, then I can sure as hell try to live a slightly 'greener' lifestyle (if time and money allows). Not much I can do about NK. I can try and recycle more. I can sign a petition to oppose CISPA.

All little things, and all probably won't do much for these things I don't believe in, but when I'm working 35-40hrs/week while trying to record/write/book shows in my free time? I'd say those aren't really things you should be talking shit about

And same goes for someone choosing not to eat meat because they believe it isn't right. In this day and age, it's more than likely that they don't have TIME to protest farms, write petitions, speak to congressman, or go in Sam Fisher style, armed to the teeth and assassinate every chicken/cow farm owner in the country. It's just not viable.

TL;DR: Life doesn't give us enough time to devote ourselves to every little insignificant problem, and sometimes the best way to tackle a problem is to do your small part, and hope to whatever deity you worship that enough other people are doing the same if not more.

Last edited by mjones1992 : 04-20-2013 at 02:41 AM.
mjones1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:51 AM   #85
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
 
N_J_B_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Australia
omg so much mad in this thread
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:18 AM   #86
mjones1992
Guest
 
mjones1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Langhorne, PA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_J_B_B
omg so much mad in this thread

Mad cow disease
mjones1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:22 AM   #87
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
 
N_J_B_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Australia
huehuehue
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:25 AM   #88
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo
 
slipknot5678's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
why are you not eating meat? if you cared about the animals you would do something more than just not eat them. you not eating them has absolutely no impact on getting anywhere close to saving a single baby chicken from being sluahgtered for its breasts.

dont say we has veggie thread, im the last 2 posts



As a vegetarian I am getting bored of debating the same exact thing all the time, but I will say that I find this rhetoric extremely annoying. Not just regarding vegetarianism, but any topic. Say you support greater economic equality, and you do vote for people who you think will solve the issue, yet you get people telling you that you aren't allowed to have an opinion on the subject because you aren't out volunteering constantly and giving all of your money away. What's also annoying is the people who do use this rhetoric don't do the same themselves. Surely there's something you have an opinion on but aren't constantly worrying about it and directing all of your time towards? Surely people have school, jobs, other responsibilities that make it impossible to contribute their time towards (as an individual) everything they care about?
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #89
chookiecookie
UG Member
 
chookiecookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
To all those saying that they don't eat meat because of the conditions that the animals are kept in: You're forgetting one important thing.

Cruelty makes meat taste delicious. If I were breeding cattle, I'd belittle them all day long, and hand out suplexes like no tomorrow. They'd be the most tormented and delicious cattle ever to have existed.


I feel like this didn't get enough attention.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seref
And that's how you become a murderer. So do yourself a favor. Don't be a murderer. Date girls who fuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
Only because cookie hits on literally everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
Most guys are like chookie and will **** anything.
chookiecookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #90
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
 
MadClownDisease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
Youre wrong. 100% of animals are being killed all the time for consunption! If you dont eat a burger some fat ass will eat two. You have no impact on the situation whatsoever. I can be a vefgie all my life and it wont help anyone. Not even myself.

Ok I'm guessing you are actually trolling now, i feel bad for actually being sucked into responding properly.
__________________
Last.fm
Flickr
MadClownDisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #91
Redsectoreh
another red nightmare
 
Redsectoreh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
Then do soomething proactive about it. I dont like murderers so i wont murder. That isnt gonna do shit to help the problem. Its avoiding the problem.

What problem exactly? Look, this is the best attitude to have in this situation (which most of this thread on both sides lack.) Is just being able to tolerate what others beliefs are and live your own life how you want... I guess the same can go for religion. But it seems as human beings, we enjoy debating about how others should live their lives.
Redsectoreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:56 AM   #92
Stud_Muffin
UG's Voice of Reason
 
Stud_Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: York, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
You have no impact on the situation whatsoever. I can be a vefgie all my life and it wont help anyone. Not even myself.


So you think vegetarians don't eat meat, solely because they have some kind of romantic vision that they can change everything?

Right.

I'm a vegetarian, and as such, know a lot of other people who are. It's a weird sort of magnetism. Neither me or my friends would state that as the only reason why we don't eat meat, because like I said, it's a romantic vision that no one would eat animals anymore, and we'd all get along. The human race doesn't work that way, there will always be conflict.

Sure enough you get activists who tie themselves to a cow, or even vegans, but I bet that if you actually asked vegetarians honestly why they became veggie, they would probably only mention the dream of changing the world if they are a little big headed, thinking that they will be able to change everything by themselves, or as an afterthought.

I personally don't eat meat because of my personal moral disagreement with purchasing and consuming an animal that has been killed for the sole purpose to be eaten. I'll underline that, so you can see it.

I've grown up with animals, and can tell you as a hands down fact, that anyone who tells you 'animals are dumb, they're lower in the food chain than we are' or 'they don't know, they don't have feelings', that you are 100% wrong.

Animals are much more complex than people make them out to be, especially pigs, who are significantly smarter than cats or dogs, but eating pets (at least in the West) is 'wrong' because they're fluffy and cute and called Spot or Felix.

If you're happy to eat a pig or a cow, why not eat a dog or cat? Though, that said, with the recent UK issue with horse meat in burgers, plenty of my meat eating friends were not bothered in the slightest, because horses were just as stupid/tasty/nutritious as cows, so that argument might be a little invalid, seeing as people keep horses as pets.

I understand that I alone won't make any significant change in meat sales, and in all honesty, I don't mind, because I know that there will always be people who argue all day long that humans are meant to eat meat, and stuff themselves with barely meat products like KFC or McDonalds. I couldn't care less about those people.

All I want is for me, personally, not to feel guilty for eating another animal, who probably is just as intelligent as your dog/cat/average human, has feelings, and will be killed in a horribly brutal way, by sadistic people who see living, breathing creatures as walking meals covered in dollar/pound/euro signs.

I also disagree with the way animals are kept in battery farms, but can see the appeal of free range animals to people who don't have the moral imbalance that I have. Although I drink soy milk, I do eat cheese and eggs and butter, so in a way, I contribute to the farming industry, but thats ok, because I'm not purchasing or eating flesh, from an intelligent creature.

Some become veggie for health reasons because y'know, meat in excess is bad for you. It's salty, fatty and most people eat too much of it. The size of a deck of cards is one adult portion, that should be eaten once or twice a day. My uncle is veggie since having a heart attack aged 48, from eating too much meat. His doctor explicitly told him that. Wonder why you're fat? Try eating vegetables, nuts, tofu and wholemeal grains for a week or two, see that it's very beneficial for weight loss and well being. Not preaching here, just stating facts.

Theres lots of reasons why people turn veggie and you are an ignorant idiot if you think that you can try and get people to eat meat again, by whining 'you can't change anything, waah, wahh wahh'. Deep down, most veggies know that. How about you stop going in circles with your arguments, and drop it? People are vegetarian because they want to be. In an age of freedom of speech and expression, there shouldn't need any other reason, and we shouldn't have to explain and defend our life choices to ignorant little shits like you.

Oh yeah, and vegemetarian is the most stupid fucking word in the universe. Stop using it, yeah?

/rant over.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by -[NiL]-
You're cuter than Bieber.


Stud_Muffin: Officially cuter than Justin Bieber since '92.

Stud_Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #93
Hrvat
Catholic
 
Hrvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Croatia
They kill plants. Hypocrites!
__________________
ESP Horizon NT-II (Seymour Duncan) + Marshall JVM410C =

No pedals or any of that stuff, just a raw Marshall tone ran by my fingers!
Hrvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #94
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
 
SlackerBabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burnley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadClownDisease
That's ridiculous. It's like saying people shouldn't look for alternative fuels to oil as to compare they need oil.
For a start, you could ask non-vegetarians or ex-meat eaters to compare, neither of which would be consuming more meat than normal. Secondly, the point of these products is to minimise future consumption of meat. A lot of people could accept one wrong to avoid a massive number more future wrongs.


Dude, I was just taking the piss.
__________________
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #95
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot5678
As a vegetarian I am getting bored of debating the same exact thing all the time, but I will say that I find this rhetoric extremely annoying. Not just regarding vegetarianism, but any topic. Say you support greater economic equality, and you do vote for people who you think will solve the issue, yet you get people telling you that you aren't allowed to have an opinion on the subject because you aren't out volunteering constantly and giving all of your money away. What's also annoying is the people who do use this rhetoric don't do the same themselves. Surely there's something you have an opinion on but aren't constantly worrying about it and directing all of your time towards? Surely people have school, jobs, other responsibilities that make it impossible to contribute their time towards (as an individual) everything they care about?

8 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work, 8 hours to care about things. I was a vegan, then i stopped because i wasnt doing anything about it, i didnt rally, i didnt do shit but support vegan sellers, who probably arent putting much money into helping either. so im in no way shape or form helping the cause by not eating the bi-product of animal slaughter.
__________________
Progressive Electronic Jazz Metal
Totally Tubular
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #96
captainsnazz
#coldcum #abrasam
 
captainsnazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_Muffin
post

This is a nice post and I think we can confidently /thread this thread now.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmyisgod97
If they didn't want to be objectified they shouldn't have been little sluts.

Ego Sig
captainsnazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #97
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_Muffin
So you think vegetarians don't eat meat, solely because they have some kind of romantic vision that they can change everything?

Right.

I'm a vegetarian, and as such, know a lot of other people who are. It's a weird sort of magnetism. Neither me or my friends would state that as the only reason why we don't eat meat, because like I said, it's a romantic vision that no one would eat animals anymore, and we'd all get along. The human race doesn't work that way, there will always be conflict.

Sure enough you get activists who tie themselves to a cow, or even vegans, but I bet that if you actually asked vegetarians honestly why they became veggie, they would probably only mention the dream of changing the world if they are a little big headed, thinking that they will be able to change everything by themselves, or as an afterthought.

I personally don't eat meat because of my personal moral disagreement with purchasing and consuming an animal that has been killed for the sole purpose to be eaten. I'll underline that, so you can see it.

I've grown up with animals, and can tell you as a hands down fact, that anyone who tells you 'animals are dumb, they're lower in the food chain than we are' or 'they don't know, they don't have feelings', that you are 100% wrong.

Animals are much more complex than people make them out to be, especially pigs, who are significantly smarter than cats or dogs, but eating pets (at least in the West) is 'wrong' because they're fluffy and cute and called Spot or Felix.

If you're happy to eat a pig or a cow, why not eat a dog or cat? Though, that said, with the recent UK issue with horse meat in burgers, plenty of my meat eating friends were not bothered in the slightest, because horses were just as stupid/tasty/nutritious as cows, so that argument might be a little invalid, seeing as people keep horses as pets.

I understand that I alone won't make any significant change in meat sales, and in all honesty, I don't mind, because I know that there will always be people who argue all day long that humans are meant to eat meat, and stuff themselves with barely meat products like KFC or McDonalds. I couldn't care less about those people.

All I want is for me, personally, not to feel guilty for eating another animal, who probably is just as intelligent as your dog/cat/average human, has feelings, and will be killed in a horribly brutal way, by sadistic people who see living, breathing creatures as walking meals covered in dollar/pound/euro signs.

I also disagree with the way animals are kept in battery farms, but can see the appeal of free range animals to people who don't have the moral imbalance that I have. Although I drink soy milk, I do eat cheese and eggs and butter, so in a way, I contribute to the farming industry, but thats ok, because I'm not purchasing or eating flesh, from an intelligent creature.

Some become veggie for health reasons because y'know, meat in excess is bad for you. It's salty, fatty and most people eat too much of it. The size of a deck of cards is one adult portion, that should be eaten once or twice a day. My uncle is veggie since having a heart attack aged 48, from eating too much meat. His doctor explicitly told him that. Wonder why you're fat? Try eating vegetables, nuts, tofu and wholemeal grains for a week or two, see that it's very beneficial for weight loss and well being. Not preaching here, just stating facts.

Theres lots of reasons why people turn veggie and you are an ignorant idiot if you think that you can try and get people to eat meat again, by whining 'you can't change anything, waah, wahh wahh'. Deep down, most veggies know that. How about you stop going in circles with your arguments, and drop it? People are vegetarian because they want to be. In an age of freedom of speech and expression, there shouldn't need any other reason, and we shouldn't have to explain and defend our life choices to ignorant little shits like you.

Oh yeah, and vegemetarian is the most stupid fucking word in the universe. Stop using it, yeah?

/rant over.

you are a moron. i am not trying to convert anyone, at all, whatsoever. youre an ignorant douchebag making assumptions out your asshole. i know every reason out there to be a vegetarian, and theyre all completely fine, but you know what? nobody is doing anything about it, not even peta. everyone is all talk and no show. none of you are contributing to the cause. sure you all get along thats great go do something about it. stop giving your money to vegan resturaunts and shit that arent doing anything about it. youre being marketed too. i bet youve bought a go veggie sticker. i have tons of them. are animals getting even an ounce closer to being not killed by the millions all day erryday? nope, probably never will unless science gives us some way of synthesizing meat.
__________________
Progressive Electronic Jazz Metal
Totally Tubular
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #98
Chrisseh
Am male.
 
Chrisseh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern England
There are some surprisingly stupid responses in this thread.

And all the normal ones, like "Why are they here then?", "Vegetarians eat their food", "Why are they so tasty" etc, etc.

But seriously, I'm a vegetarian, I just don't like the taste of meat, or the idea of eating something that was living and that. Most vegetarians I know are the same, not that many people do it just because of animal rights and stuff.
__________________
Chrisseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #99
captainsnazz
#coldcum #abrasam
 
captainsnazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
you are a moron. i am not trying to convert anyone, at all, whatsoever. youre an ignorant douchebag making assumptions out your asshole. i know every reason out there to be a vegetarian, and theyre all completely fine, but you know what? nobody is doing anything about it, not even peta. everyone is all talk and no show. none of you are contributing to the cause. sure you all get along thats great go do something about it. stop giving your money to vegan resturaunts and shit that arent doing anything about it. youre being marketed too. i bet youve bought a go veggie sticker. i have tons of them. are animals getting even an ounce closer to being not killed by the millions all day erryday? nope, probably never will unless science gives us some way of synthesizing meat.

peppy pls stahp
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmyisgod97
If they didn't want to be objectified they shouldn't have been little sluts.

Ego Sig
captainsnazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #100
psyks
Pretty thief
 
psyks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: France
I don't eat meat because I don't think anyone should eat meat, therefore I don't believe I should eat meat. Surprisingly simple huh?
__________________
Each of us a failed state in stark relief
Against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.

My Soundcloud
My music, paino, guitar and otherwise - Updated SOMETIMES

DeviantArt
Please watch, fave and comment
psyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.