Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
AXEFAN88

Blueridge BR-160

Anyone know anything about this guitar ? I'm looking to use for flat picking. Mostly wanna play Lynyrd Skynyrd, GNR, Metallica etc acoustic songs. Want to set my limit at $750. Been driving myself nuts with this acoustic decision. Looked at the much recomended Seagul S6 and wasn't crazy about it. What do you guys think is the best acoustic to play what I'm into. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

Mesa Rectoverb combo
AXEFAN88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
stepchildusmc

there are so so many choices within your price range. i do like the Blueridges. thats a nice choice. nice deep bluesy attitude to it. it comes down to trying a bunch out and picking the one you like best. none of us here can tell you what you like.
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
AXEFAN88

Sometimes that's easier said than done.. I don't see any blueridges at the guitar stores in my area unfortunately

Mesa Rectoverb combo
Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

i like the BR-160, good sounding guitar and i like the tone from rosewood back and sides, but you might also like the BR0140, which has mahogany back and sides rather than rosewood. in their price range, blueridge makes some very nice sounding guitars, but they're not always all that consistent, meaning that from one in the same model to the next there's some variance in tone.

if you're in the u.s., maury's (very trusted seller) is having a sale on blueridges
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdet...140/35915/35952
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdet...160/35915/35941

http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdet...40a/35915/80426
this is the one i'd get - it has a solid adi top, solid mahogany back and sides and a 1 3/4" nut!

http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdet...60a/35915/51491
and here's the 160A within your price range, too - adi top, solid rosewood back and sides, 1 3/4" nut.
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
stepchildusmc

i hear ya axe. i picked 2 miles from THE EDGE to buy a house. for me to try any out, it's a 2 hour trip down to any good shops. there is one closer but they only carry Vanilla guitars.... sometimes, i'm in the mood for chocolate ya know?
i depend a lot on what people say here before i make the trek.... not meaning to highjack this thread but...Patti, you tried the 2013 Taylor 614ce ltd yet? i'm wondering what your opinion on the euro spruce and ebony beauties is.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

no, i haven't. we've had family health issues to deal with. that being said, i love european spruce, whether it's italian or carpathian, and the taylor i tried locally with ebony b&s sounded wonderful. i'm a huge fan of the size, too. hope i get a chance to try one of these soon!
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
stepchildusmc

Empire music in Pittsburgh has 3, plus some 616ce ltds. Road Trip ! i think i need to see my sister in Ohio with a detour in Pitts. love the Hot Rod with maple. ebony should be awesome! you probably have a ltd in the shop around the corner lucky you !
sorry, back to axe's axe.... without the stores in your area having them, then its probably out of the question. hard to order a blueridge online as patti said... each of 'em sounds different. my vanilla shop has 2 of em. i liked 'em both but...different.
its either a road trip or whatever the local shops have... too expensive to test them out by buying online. i'd only get an Ovation online...those are very consistent.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #8
AXEFAN88

Same thing for me with Guild... can't find them anywhere either

Mesa Rectoverb combo

Rate This Thread: