Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Imm0rtal
blackmetal in my vains

Reign Of Insanity [Technical Black Metal]

Hey guys im uploading the tab for my new song...it's technical black metal as it says and im planing to record it soon so any feedback would be welcome.Hope you enjoy it
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Reign Of Insanity.gp5 (115.3 KB, 139 views)
Imm0rtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Thats intense, its like Aeon but really good. You HAVE to show it to me when you've recorded it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
amonamarthmetal

It was kinda boring, it never changed.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:13 AM   #4
Imm0rtal
blackmetal in my vains

What do you mean by it never changed?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:09 AM   #5
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Wait, didn't mean Aeon, meant Portal.

Quote:
Eip pls
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imm0rtal
What do you mean by it never changed?

Not enough metalcore pedal riffs and choruses with clean vocals /trollface

To be honest that was fucking bludgeoning. Love the chords you used. Will crit this later for shure.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
BloodReverence

I'm with amonamarth, the rhythm was pretty well consistent the whole way through. There were no pauses, no changing of rhythms, just straight 32'nd and straight 16'th notes.

There were some cool ideas and i think it would sound MUCH better recorded (sounds like an abomination on guitar pro) but it's very monotonous as a whole.

I'd say add a section where the drums slow down for a bit, guitars are doing something that isn't 32'nd notes and put some atmosphere into it, then kick back into the intensity. It would make the track more dynamic and interesting.
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodReverence
I'm with amonamarth, the rhythm was pretty well consistent the whole way through. There were no pauses, no changing of rhythms, just straight 32'nd and straight 16'th notes.

There were some cool ideas and i think it would sound MUCH better recorded (sounds like an abomination on guitar pro) but it's very monotonous as a whole.

I'd say add a section where the drums slow down for a bit, guitars are doing something that isn't 32'nd notes and put some atmosphere into it, then kick back into the intensity. It would make the track more dynamic and interesting.

You kind of fixed the problem here, simply by saying its on GP5 atm. I think the key here is the note choices and appreciating the depth of this peice, which it has a lot of, and sticks to the genre, but also blasts it apart at the same time. The recording would simply be bringing this to life.

Quote:
Eip pls
Old 04-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
Imm0rtal
blackmetal in my vains

Quote:

which section do you mean exactly tell me the number so i can try and think of something
Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #10
BloodReverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
You kind of fixed the problem here, simply by saying its on GP5 atm

No I didn't. The composition was still monotonous to my liking. Hearing it recorded would make the sound of the riffs better, which would be great, but it'd still all have roughly the same beat to it.

I think if you slowed things down between bars 59-60, added a more chill section, it'd help the composition. Keep things dark, slow down the drums to more of a chill ride cymbal beat and add some synths or leads for ambience? Just ideas.
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
Imm0rtal
blackmetal in my vains

I dont think il add synths because im more into the fast raw style of black metal but for the slowing down part il try to think of something and see how it works thanks
Old 04-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #12
The Baconator

I liked this a lot as a whole, but I agree with BloodReverence, it felt very monotonous at parts. Measures 30-42 seemed to last forever, it got slightly annoying. Maybe decrease the repeats?
Quote:
I think if you slowed things down between bars 59-60, added a more chill section, it'd help the composition. Keep things dark, slow down the drums to more of a chill ride cymbal beat and add some synths or leads for ambience? Just ideas.

I think the break after 42 would be a great spot to fit in something cool, it seems like you could fit a really cool jazzy-ish solo or something there, but that's just what I'd do haha. This would definitely slay recorded though
Old 04-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #13
blake1221
‭‭

I'm completely foreign to this genre and style, but it was definitely bludgeoning and relentless. The part that really caught my ear was when you let the second guitar stand out more. More deviation on the second guitar would really bring this to life, but it sounds like exactly what you wanted it to be.

Like I said, I know shit all about this genre, but it did sound like Portal, and it was solid.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: