Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
blake1221
‭‭

Dans un RÍve (Ambient Emo Violence) C4C

Wrote this today. Pretty happy with it but I'm open to suggestions.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Dans un RÍve.gp5 (33.5 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by blake1221 : 04-23-2013 at 12:23 AM.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
BloodReverence

I really liked this man. Extremely melodic, not generic, and interesting to listen to.

The only real crit I have on the riffs is the very last riff. During the acoustic section where you're pedaling on the C, it works, but the distorted section after needs a progression. It's too long of a section for one guitar to just play the same chord.

I want this song to have a solid bassline written and a vocal melodies added. Then I want to hear it recorded. Then I want an album of this shit to listen to. Sound good? ahah
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
Zaqq

Looking at the title, I expected something I won't like, but this was pretty cool. Though your GP file had some issues, I needed to manually add distortion at some points to be able to hear it all the notes. I like how the ending begins, but as BloodReverence said, when the rhythm guitar/bass/drums kick in, it needs a chord progression, not a single chord by the end of the song. Overall, nice melodic lines.
Zaqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
NegiTom

I looked at the title and expected emo violence, I did not get emo violence. It's a good song, even as a tab it's good, I'd love to hear it recorded and follow whichever band you're in that's doing this, but when I see ambient emo violence I expect Ampere/Beau Navire style stuff.
NegiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
blake1221
‭‭

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegiTom
I looked at the title and expected emo violence, I did not get emo violence. It's a good song, even as a tab it's good, I'd love to hear it recorded and follow whichever band you're in that's doing this, but when I see ambient emo violence I expect Ampere/Beau Navire style stuff.

It's not quite as chaotic, but in terms of my actual drummer's playing and my vocal delivery, that would be more apparent. Not saying it'll come close to those guys, though. (they're so fucking rad) but I guess this comes closer to Suis La Lune

The ending chord part, I play slightly different notes, which might be a cop out, but I guess I can write what I really play into the file and update it to see how you guys feel.

Thank you for all of the feed back.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: