Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #61
garfo

I'm in Portugal, will always be more expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
yes

if you're in the UK you could try hotrox.

I just bought from tubetown because I'm in northern ireland and most english-based shops rip us over here for postage- german stores usually charge less for postage, as they consider NI to be part of the UK (which it is, to be fair) and charge the same postage to all parts of the UK. But if you're in england or scotland or wales hotrox might be cheaper.
garfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #62
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

tubetime might well be worth considering, then. postage costs within the UK (and especially from within the UK to other countries) are crazy. German postage seems to be far cheaper.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #63
garfo

Guys, i tried to read the voltage of my tubes on my bugera v55.i used the control From the amp and it read -50 volts.
Ive read arround the fórum that this way is not the proper way to bias these Amps.
So,taking the other approach, i know the - probe goes on the chassis. But where on the tubes do i touch with the positive in order to obtain the right readings? Should i touch directly on the solder joints of the power tubes? If so,is there a right pin, or can it be any of them?
garfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #64
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo
Guys, i tried to read the voltage of my tubes on my bugera v55.i used the control From the amp and it read -50 volts.
Ive read arround the fórum that this way is not the proper way to bias these Amps.
So,taking the other approach, i know the - probe goes on the chassis. But where on the tubes do i touch with the positive in order to obtain the right readings? Should i touch directly on the solder joints of the power tubes? If so,is there a right pin, or can it be any of them?

Before you kill yourself go here

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/311ZOSOVHJH/blog/

Scroll down to the "My amp bias tutorial (for my amp)" section, and read it CAREFULLY.

All will be revealed!!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #65
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

If you are adjusting the bias without a probe be EXTRA careful... its not really worth your life.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: