Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Did Hyundai go too far?
Yes 19 23.46%
No 41 50.62%
I'm a fairy unicorn 21 25.93%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 04-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #21
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat
 
JimmyBanks6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
This just brings more environmental issues, I'm assuming they are getting hte hydrogen through water decomposition, what are they using to decompose the water, natural gas?

The life cycle of the energy and CO2 due to the decomposition is likely higher than that of just burning gasoline, making there no benefits.

What are they doing to secure the hydrogen, a leak could lead to a hydrogen explosion from the oxygen in the atmosphere.

edit/ id like to see some life cycle analysis and how the safety is being ensured on this vehicle :/
__________________
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!


wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.


aparently i ar smrt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius


GO SENS GO

Last edited by JimmyBanks6 : 04-25-2013 at 02:29 PM.
JimmyBanks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #22
AeroRocker
I'm too old for this ****
 
AeroRocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: OH-
Actually, looking at it again, I like it even more.

All you see is a guy going into his car with the garage closed. You ASSUME he is trying to kill himself, just because you are so used to the idea that cars emit poisonous gasses. However, we soon see that he's totally fine, and did nothing more than take a rest in his car. Cars are moving in the right direction.

Good ad.
__________________
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████


LET'S GO BUCKS
AeroRocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat
 
JimmyBanks6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Regarding the ad:

Look how many of you now know about Hyandais new fuel cell car!

Advertising success.
__________________
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!


wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.


aparently i ar smrt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius


GO SENS GO
JimmyBanks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #24
kertets
Banned
 
kertets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On the toilet.
In all fairness , if....... Ah f*ck it.
kertets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #25
WCPhils
#philamerica
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Do these guys watch Top Gear?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .
 
Tempoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: On an Island
Ironic with the number of people claiming their cars are death traps over the years
Tempoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #27
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
It was definitely the low ground they took, I'm not saying is a classy ad, just a pretty functional one

Ok, but the issue is that they took the low ground. I mean, they could have easily gotten their point across with a directly informative ad, as "standard" as those type of ads are. Think about it, just line up a few scientists (read: actors playing scientists) in a silly but smooth montage, that explains how their car is cleaner. It would get the point across without being on the low ground, so to speak.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #28
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroRocker
Actually, looking at it again, I like it even more.

All you see is a guy going into his car with the garage closed. You ASSUME he is trying to kill himself, just because you are so used to the idea that cars emit poisonous gasses. However, we soon see that he's totally fine, and did nothing more than take a rest in his car. Cars are moving in the right direction.

Good ad.


...Then why did he have the gas pipe coming through the window?
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #29
WCPhils
#philamerica
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Ok, but the issue is that they took the low ground. I mean, they could have easily gotten their point across with a directly informative ad, as "standard" as those type of ads are. Think about it, just line up a few scientists (read: actors playing scientists) in a silly but smooth montage, that explains how their car is cleaner. It would get the point across without being on the low ground, so to speak.

Yea, but nobody would be talking about their ad like we are now.


Also, it wasn't even bad. People need to learn to take a joke...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube

Last edited by WCPhils : 04-25-2013 at 02:44 PM.
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #30
raoooos
///////////
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Ok, but the issue is that they took the low ground. I mean, they could have easily gotten their point across with a directly informative ad, as "standard" as those type of ads are. Think about it, just line up a few scientists (read: actors playing scientists) in a silly but smooth montage, that explains how their car is cleaner. It would get the point across without being on the low ground, so to speak.

And absolutely nobody would remember it. This isn't even low ground anyway. It'd be better if the man proceeded to demonstrate the car's capabilities by driving off a cliff.
__________________
raoooos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #31
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
Yea, but nobody would be talking about their ad like we are now.

Eh, true. Although, people might talk about it if it was well-done.


When you think about it, though...are people who are offended by the ad now willing to buy the car? I doubt it. They alienated a portion of their possible buyers.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #32
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
i think that bitch needs to get the cactus out of her ass and realize her dad is a moron for killing himself. he actually thought his life was hurting him more than him dying would hurt his family and friends. what an asshole pussy faced ******
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #33
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
the woman's blog is why we can't have nice things
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
vIsIbleNoIsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #34
Weaponized
Registered User
 
Weaponized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
i think that bitch needs to get the cactus out of her ass and realize her dad is a moron for killing himself. he actually thought his life was hurting him more than him dying would hurt his family and friends. what an asshole pussy faced ******

do you know depression leads to irrational thinking? I think you of all people should know about irrational thinking.
__________________
We are here for you
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #35
lncognito
Encephalectomized
 
lncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The ever-changing mass of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvesofmibu
It's not their responsibility to include a support line, in my opinion.

As someone who has battled for a very long time with anxiety and depression, I wasn't offended in the least by this ad; quite the opposite - I loved it. People are far too easy to offend, and the level of political correctness demanded by the offended is ridiculous.
Nono, I totally agree with you, it's not their responsibility to add it. However, seeing the sensitive nature of its content and the emotive impact it apparently had, it would have been a more classy way to do it. It wouldn't have cost much on their behalf, and would hopefully have removed much of the sting from people responding negatively (hopefully... they'd probably use it against them as sugarcoating an exploitive commercial or some shit, so maybe it wasn't so good an idea on my behalf anyway)

As for the second paragraph, I'm in the same position as you. However, her position was not as a person struggling with depression and suicide thoughts, but as a person who lost her daddy to suicide. I'm not sure, but it seems entirely possible that the ad would have a larger impact on the latter than the former.
(Also, I hope things are going better for you )

Last edited by lncognito : 04-25-2013 at 02:50 PM.
lncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #36
naedauuf
Registered User
 
naedauuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Eh, true. Although, people might talk about it if it was well-done.


When you think about it, though...are people who are offended by the ad now willing to buy the car? I doubt it. They alienated a portion of their possible buyers.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any "good" ads, honestly. The only ones that fill my head are controversial ones like this. Remember that Sony ad with the black chick and the white chick I am talking about it, so it did it's job.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.



Last edited by naedauuf : 04-25-2013 at 02:51 PM.
naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #37
soundgarden1986
sanic y
 
soundgarden1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Josh Reddick's beard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
i think that bitch needs to get the cactus out of her ass and realize her dad is a moron for killing himself. he actually thought his life was hurting him more than him dying would hurt his family and friends. what an asshole pussy faced ******


>implying suicidal people are in a normal state of mind
soundgarden1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #38
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
do you know depression leads to irrational thinking? I think you of all people should know about irrational thinking.

out of all people i would know depression too huh? i know it does, i are mind and brain genius. irrational thinking isnt an excuse for killing yourself though. to kill your own body your brain has to be broken. its completely illogical.
i bet he ****ed some other chick, and couldnt live with it, maybe someone raped him, or his mom, or his wife, or his kids, whatever it is, the rest of his family could deal with it and help him make it thru it. life offers a lot of things, more than god can offer you. theres no reason to be dead. its really anti productive IMO. out of all the days iv wanted to run and jump out my window i always said no because i knew il be fine, because this has happened before and in order for me to be in the same situation again i would have to had survived it before, so i can do it again and grow strong and get thru my problems. this man, and everyone else who kills themselves are pussies.
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #39
Weaponized
Registered User
 
Weaponized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
out of all people i would know depression too huh? i know it does, i are mind and brain genius. irrational thinking isnt an excuse for killing yourself though. to kill your own body your brain has to be broken. its completely illogical.
i bet he ****ed some other chick, and couldnt live with it, maybe someone raped him, or his mom, or his wife, or his kids, whatever it is, the rest of his family could deal with it and help him make it thru it. life offers a lot of things, more than god can offer you. theres no reason to be dead. its really anti productive IMO. out of all the days iv wanted to run and jump out my window i always said no because i knew il be fine, because this has happened before and in order for me to be in the same situation again i would have to had survived it before, so i can do it again and grow strong and get thru my problems. this man, and everyone else who kills themselves are pussies.

this is my favorite thing I have ever read on my time on UG

do you have a twitter I can follow?
__________________
We are here for you
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #40
Burgery
scatterbrain
 
Burgery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: an outward projected image of a pokémon centre for the soul
good ad
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by garden of grey
That really depends if you are the kind of person who can control how much IV heroin you are going to do in a night.
Burgery is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.