Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
rhcpjhlz

Pup switch?

My roommate has a Lyon by Washburn LI15, it's a cheap double humbucker guitar. I have my old stock mim strat neck and bridge pup's lying around and figured I'd try putting them in the lyon. I started to look at the bridge pup in the lyon and am unsure how I would connect the strat pup. All the wires from the lyon bridge pup connect to one red wire which then connects to the neck volume pot. The fender bridge pup has two wires, one black and one white. Any body have any suggestions on how to make this work would be appreciated.
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Double Muff
Line 6 Echo Park
rhcpjhlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
scguitarking927
Time for a revolution

Well if ya wanna get dirty, go a head and draw out a diagram of what everything looks like right now and unsolder the pickups from the pots. That way you can at least get back to the original for what ever reason.

Here's a diagram

If your humbucker doesn't have the middle two wires in that diagram, don't worry about it, doesn't matter.

Your white wire is your "hot" wire and should go to lug number 1 on the volume pot (the one on the far left)

Black should be your ground, and you can solder that onto the top of the pot or where ever the rest of the ground points are, make sure all ground points connect to each other at some point.

Music Blog
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by scguitarking927 : 04-30-2013 at 11:13 PM.
scguitarking927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
rhcpjhlz

Thank you, taking a pic is a good idea so I can at least try to get it back together the way it was, although the bridge wasn't working in the first place. And that diagram is closer to my situation than any that is saw on the SD site, thank you that should be the most helpful resource I've got yet. I'll probably get into taking wires off and moving things around to try and get it working, if I get absolutely stuck I'll be back. Thanks again SCguitarking927
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Double Muff
Line 6 Echo Park
rhcpjhlz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: