Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
ExDementia
UG Freak

I actually bought Guitar Pro -- soundbanks not included?

So after having used this program in one form or another for the past few years, I decided to actually purchase a copy for my new computer now that I'm actually making money and can finally afford to not pirate everything. It was my good deed for the day.

So after I actually got it installed and jumped through all the ridiculous hoops they make you go through to actually register the stupid thing, I try to load up a tab to see that I have no soundbanks installed. "Hmm, that's annoying that they don't just come pre-installed with the program that I just payed $60 for, but ok, I'll go to the site and download them! Can't be too hard, right?" <-- My naive self about 20 minutes ago.

So I look at their website and it has a bunch available for purchase, but not to go with the program... am I doing something wrong here, or is this really how their business model works? I tried Googling around, but I didn't find anyone with this problem, and their support section makes no mention of it that I can find. When I click on the soundbanks section in GP, it's just blank and says "click here for more." Am I missing something?

Has anyone else actually purchased a copy of GP6, or is this a WinRAR situation?
ExDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Soccerguy
Bloo

You may need to just try running the updater or do a fresh install, because it should come with stock soundbanks.
Soccerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
mjones1992

If not the above, than I'd recommend doing the dirty deed for the soundbanks. It's a little silly that it wouldn't come with them, and just seems like an unnecessary cash grab for GP.

Also, I wouldn't blame it on WinRAR. I don't think I've ever had a problem with it in 8 years of use.

Remember GP5? The sound banks were separate .exe's that had to be installed. dunno if it's the same for 6, but I'd look in the extracted directory for those.

Last edited by mjones1992 : 05-01-2013 at 11:09 PM.
mjones1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

There are 2 problems here:
The first is that you're trying to use soundbanks. Generic MIDI sounds mix better.
The second is that you're not using GP5. You crazy?
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
fanapathy
B-Tuned

It should come with soundbanks, should be about 1.5GB installer from what I know but it's been a while. The soundbank packages advertised on their sites are extra/custom - there's not really a point in getting those unless you wanna tab with sounds that nobody has (making your efforts in mixing the sound pointless if you share your tab). Did you somehow select a MIDI version or small installer?

^To the above poster, well RSE for GP5 sounded pretty bad and often caused the audio to de-sync. RSE2 is pretty damn good when you know what you're doing, tabs can actually function as a backing track now - it's not that much better than gp5 if it weren't for the audio I can agree on that
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #6
Jehannum
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor's Child
There are 2 problems here:
The first is that you're trying to use soundbanks. Generic MIDI sounds mix better.
The second is that you're not using GP5. You crazy?

Garbage, top to bottom.
Jehannum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
ExDementia
UG Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerguy
You may need to just try running the updater or do a fresh install, because it should come with stock soundbanks.
Yeah, that was the first thing I tried, no luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones1992
Also, I wouldn't blame it on WinRAR. I don't think I've ever had a problem with it in 8 years of use.

What I meant by the WinRAR situation is that nobody actually pays for it, as in I've never met anyone who has actually purchased GP.

Also, when I pull up the updater, it says no updates available. So it sounds like it does actually come with some RSE banks, but I didn't get any for what ever reason. Maybe I should take this to their support forum.
ExDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
kLinic
Not a Brony

Downloaded Guitar Pro 6 and the sound banks a few days ago. The sound banks should be on the same page you downloaded Guitar Pro from.

Go to support on the guitar pro site and then login, go to download and then select download all the rse soundbanks at once. If you need any more help shoot me a PM, I can take some screenshots on the desktop if you'd like.
  • Cort Bass
  • Laney LC30
kLinic is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: