Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
chatterbox272

NGD Behringer C1-u USB Condenser

Apologies for the present lack of pics, they will be up when I get home tonight but I got some new gear.

The Behringer C1-u is a USB Condenser microphone directly ripped off the Samson CO1-u. It retails at ~$80AU, I picked mine up reworked with the full 3 year warranty for $60AU from Kosmic Sound.

Pics: (STILL TO COME)

Overall I'd say this is a serious bang for buck microphone. The output is a little low because of the subpar inbuilt interface that is in it (like all USB mics, which is why the XLR versions with a proper interface is so much better) but the quality is a huge improvement over the dynamics I'm used to using. The microphone itself has a little bit of weight to it, and feels fairly sturdy in construction although there's a slight bit of movement in the grill portion of mine.
The microphone comes with a simple mount (not a shock mount) which is to be expected at this price range. It also comes with a reasonably lengthy USB A to USB B cable, which I've found very useful for using my BP355 as an interface because I can put it on the floor where it belongs.
For anyone looking at a cheap large diaphragm condenser I would highly recommend the C1-u or the XLR equivalent the C1.

Sound sample is the vocals in my band's cover of Situations, I can upload some vocal stems if you want to hear them in isolation, but I figured it's all about how things fit in the mix anyway. Link: http://www.masquerade19.com/Situati...e-The-Fate.html
Masquerade: #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Caboose
Time isn't made out of lines, it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round.
chatterbox272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
axemanchris
Awwww.... NOW what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterbox272
The Behringer C1-u is a USB Condenser microphone directly ripped off the Samson CO1-u.

Granted, it looks very similar, but does not at all seem to be a direct ripoff. The specs are different. And, as far as I can tell, the Behringer pre-dates the Samson.

Behringer = freq resp = 40hz - 20 khz; 16mm diaphragm
- polar pattern frequency rejection -35db at 180 degrees
http://www.behringer.com/assets/C-1U_P0588_M_EN.pdf
seems to be released 2004 (date first appeared on Amazon = July 16, 2004

Samson = freq resp = 20hz - 18 khz; 19mm diaphragm;
- polar pattern frequency rejection -10db at 180 degrees
http://www.samsontech.com/site_medi...y_docs/C01U.pdf
Seems to have been released in 2006.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
axemanchris is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: