Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
Chen leik

A question about Fl studio?

Honestly I don't know if this is the right place to ask but... I have a quick question about using the program, it's like this:
Usually when I create drum tracks I'm using a soundfont. However, one of my problems I have with this is that the entire drum kit is handled with one channel. That's not good for mixing at all, so my question is this: Is there a way to divide each and every "note" in a channel to it's own separate channel, like a drum kick or a snare, without doing copy-paste all the time? Cuz it's very aggravating doing this...
Chen leik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:02 AM   #2
TwoPlusTwo

If you manage the drum beats using the piano roll, that might help.
But the FL studio drum editor was made for very simple hip hop style beats.
But I've seen some amazing heavy metal drum tracks with people who used FL studio
TwoPlusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
NothingRocks
:^)

What VST/Sample(r) Library are you using?

My Livestream

Awakia Facebook Page

Anime List
Music
Youtube
NothingRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
Chen leik

2+2 Yes, of course I am using the piano roll. The soundfonts I use generally have an entire drum set loaded on them and the only way I can write them is by using the piano roll. I find FLS very flexible, most of the time, so I'm not having a hard time writing the drum tracks. It's the process afterwards, separating each of drum components (bass drums, cymbals, snares, toms) and mixing each one differently... They are all loaded as one channel, an entire drum kit. The only way for me right now is to clone multiple times the original track and delete everything in the piano roll, for each clone, EXCEPT the specific part the clone was intended for. It works, generally, but the chances of messing the entire thing is high, if I'm not careful... I just want to know if there is an easier way to do this. I'm still just a newby on FL, I don't comprehend the power in this program yet, I'm always finding new functions that make things easier for me.

NothingRocks I'm using Ken Ardency's drum kit soundfont for most of my rock stuff, and Orch Battery for more classical writings.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #5
Quillen.Jeff
Wave Beam

Load audio clips or sampler tracks in your step sequencer. You can load drum samples in the sampler tracks and route each one of them to its own mixer channel. Try pressing F6 on your keyboard if you don't know what the step sequencer is.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #6
Chen leik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quillen.Jeff
Load audio clips or sampler tracks in your step sequencer. You can load drum samples in the sampler tracks and route each one of them to its own mixer channel. Try pressing F6 on your keyboard if you don't know what the step sequencer is.

How can I load them separately when all of my audio clips are inside a soundfont?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #7
DudeWithTheHats

You can click on each channel and change which FX it's in. Afterwards just find the FX in the mixer and do your job
DudeWithTheHats is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: