Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
HotDan!

Country?

Just wondering why we have no forum for country. The country genre is arguably more popular than some for which forums do exist. In fact, according to Wiki, "In 2009 country music was the most listened to rush hour radio genre during the evening commute, and second most popular in the morning commute in the United States." It seems to me that a country forum is glaringly absent.

Last edited by HotDan! : 05-07-2013 at 11:15 AM.
HotDan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
cdhowell

After Brad Paisley's Guitar World article I went back through the iPod listening to some of my country favorites. I am more of an outlaw country fan though, not much guitar work from Cash, Jennings, and such. I think Paisley is a hell of a guitarist though, as is John 5 on the telecasters. Marty Stuart another good one. I just like the older guys more for content. Paisleys songwriting is amusing at times but I don't think many of the new guys compare to the old guard much.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

I listen to country a bit, really like the more uptempo stuff, but hate the fact that most country albums seem to be about 80% ballads.

If I could find more artists that focused primarily on the faster stuff I'd be totally into it - so far Montgomery Gentry are the best I've found. Any other suggestions?
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:46 AM   #4
GregJohnsonJr
White Trash Bluesman

Sturgill Simpson , Shooter Jennings , Hank Jr , Hank 3 , Hank Sr , Waylon Jennings , Whitey Morgan and the 78's , George Jones , Eric Lee Beddingfield , Dwight Yoakam , Jamey Johnson , Will Hoge, JohnnyCash. Those are some of my favorites.
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
Peavey Delta Blues 15
Luther Drive
Russian Black Big Muff pi
Nano Muff
1982 NYC Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
GregJohnsonJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
rainhead

Hank Williams 3, Willie Nelson, Uncle Tupelo are great too.. And you can also think about Meat Puppets, afterall, they're "still" country.
rainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #6
dothi

ah here it is...a country forum. Well, I'm listening to Acoustic Alternative stuff a lot. But sometimes also country.

At the moment..well, a german singer songwriter called Dominik Plangger. There are english and italian tracks as well, so it's a musical journey
https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/h...tur/id698114030
dothi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: