Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
m4xx0r

Completely new to singing, some feedback?

Hey guys!

I've always been terrified of singing, but since I started playing guitar I've wanted to be able to sing along to my playing. So I think it's time to start working on my vocals.

I've read a bunch of posts on these forums, and the general opinion seems to be that singing lessons are the way to go. And hopefully I'll be able to do that sometime, but right now I'm a poor student, and lessons are extremely expensive where I live.

So I recorded myself singing Wonderwall , and was hoping that you guys would be able to give me some constructive feedback, or just tear me a new one if I'm awful.

Sorry about the quality, recorded it with a phone.
m4xx0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Doveri

the link isn't working. I would be happy to help
Doveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
m4xx0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doveri
the link isn't working. I would be happy to help

Oh, sorry. Try it now!
m4xx0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #4
Doveri

hah you're pretty good for a beginner. The only thing I would recommend is keeping your voice lighter/smaller. What you're doing in the song is in more of a 'relaxed' position. Singing more relaxed is fine to do and makes the voice seem more natural, but when you have to slide up to the higher notes you'll run into trouble. Don't be afraid to sound more nerdy than the song calls for.
Doveri is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: