Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 05-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #81
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Is it too late to volunteer? Would it help to post some stuff I've done?


Depending on what you're planning on doing. I'd quite like to do some Melodic Deathy Stuff so I've written some to see if people wanna collab with me.

So yeah, it'd be a good idea so people know what you're gonna wanna do.


How many active people do we have? Would it be better to do two collabs? I'm happy to do two as long as both are of a different genre.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #82
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random
 
EpiExplorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Hey.

Chemfire.

hey.

hey, listen.
Attached Files
File Type: gp4 Hacrodeath2mitEpi.gp4 (20.9 KB, 45 views)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #83
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Depending on what you're planning on doing. I'd quite like to do some Melodic Deathy Stuff so I've written some to see if people wanna collab with me.

So yeah, it'd be a good idea so people know what you're gonna wanna do.


How many active people do we have? Would it be better to do two collabs? I'm happy to do two as long as both are of a different genre.

Well, my main genre is sort of melodeath with some blackened bits. I've got megabytes worth of random riffs that didn't make it onto any songs; here's one that I'm picturing as a breakdown in the middle of a faster, thrashy track.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 UG collab 1.gp5 (12.0 KB, 29 views)
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #84
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Hey.

Chemfire.

hey.

hey, listen.


Well that Jazzcalated quickly

I'll have to add some more things to it.

But who saves in gp4 lol noob.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #85
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
 
RedDeath9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Here are a few ideas I could throw into the collab. Some of them are fairly old (weirdthing, Sunbolt), while the rest are fairly new. I've got more, but there's a max limit of 5 files per post.

EDIT: These would all fall under progressive metal, I think.

Ignore the Pokemon riff at the end of titbitchREJECT
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 titbitchREJECT.gp5 (27.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: gp5 newpoo2.gp5 (49.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: gp5 chordprogression.gp5 (25.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: gp5 weirdthing.gp5 (34.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: gp5 Sunbolt.gp5 (42.1 KB, 25 views)
__________________

This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time
RedDeath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #86
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
 
RedDeath9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Here are some more. Upbeat Wilhelm would be some kind of post-hardcore/pop punk song or something, necrothing would be tech death, birth of a universe would be... I don't know, doom? Post-metal? Deathintro would be for some kind of... progressive death metal, jazzbeginnings would work for a jazz fusion song, probably.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 upbeat wilhelm.gp5 (33.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: gp5 necrothing2.gp5 (53.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: gp5 birth of a universe.gp5 (15.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: gp5 deathintro.gp5 (60.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: gp5 jazzbeginnings.gp5 (38.1 KB, 29 views)
__________________

This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time
RedDeath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:50 AM   #87
amonamarthmetal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I'm not taking part.
__________________
My name is Joe. call me Joe.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:52 AM   #88
amonamarthmetal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeath9
Here are some more. Upbeat Wilhelm would be some kind of post-hardcore/pop punk song or something, necrothing would be tech death, birth of a universe would be... I don't know, doom? Post-metal? Deathintro would be for some kind of... progressive death metal, jazzbeginnings would work for a jazz fusion song, probably.

.... Are you Muhammed Suicmez?
__________________
My name is Joe. call me Joe.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #89
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeath9
Can we start this already pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
I don't know if we have enough people to do an albums worth?

Unless every person takes part in two different collabs which could be pretty cool.

Bolded: this.

Last setence: that'd be cool for the one guy doing it, but still I want more people in. Let's do that as a last resort shall we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeath9
Are we just waiting for the others to become unbusy? People aren't going to just magically appear.

This wasn't made with a deadline in mind so max people could join. I'm hoping to grab the attention of at least a few more people before we do anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokkstar
I could have totally been part of this...

What's keeping you back? We haven't started yet and as I mentioned I don't have a deadline in mind so you can take as long as you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MousseMoose
I'll work with Emperor's Child. And someone else too, if we don't get more people.

Good news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
I did another thingy

Sounds ok, a bit too modern metalcore-ish for my taste tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Is it too late to volunteer? Would it help to post some stuff I've done?

I'm adding to the list, let me know if you still want to be a part of this. Feel free to share your stuff too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amonamarthmetal
I'm not taking part.

Get GP5 and stop being a poopie head
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #90
Erra93
erriuyai
 
Erra93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
I'll join! I might be slow, but since no deadline, is fine?
I feel like I'm also going to be the cheesiest of all of us, as always
__________________
Vona
(melodic hardcore - Stardust [single] out now!)
Erra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #91
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erra93
I'll join! I might be slow, but since no deadline, is fine?
I feel like I'm also going to be the cheesiest of all of us, as always

That's cool
No worries my man, I think we can all appreciate cheese even if we don't like it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #92
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
 
RedDeath9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
I call dibs on working with cheesy or erra or epi.

Yes. I just laid claim to people. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!
__________________

This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time
RedDeath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:16 AM   #93
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random
 
EpiExplorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeath9
I call dibs on working with cheesy or erra or epi.

Yes. I just laid claim to people. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!


Submit to the almighty overlord, RedDeeeeerth.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #94
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Btw Epi I am working on adding more stuff to that track if you still wanna work on that.

I've just got my final exam of the season tomorrow so I've been a tad busy.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #95
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random
 
EpiExplorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Btw Epi I am working on adding more stuff to that track if you still wanna work on that.

I've just got my final exam of the season tomorrow so I've been a tad busy.


Of course man, just post whatever whenever and its all gravy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #96
CheesyMozarella
Slacker
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeath9
I call dibs on working with cheesy or erra or epi.

Yes. I just laid claim to people. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!


I am humbled. We have quite different writing styles, but maybe we can use that to our advantage.
__________________
GP songs:
Dreamstate
Life
Spectrum

Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/laserost
CheesyMozarella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #97
Erra93
erriuyai
 
Erra93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeath9
I call dibs on working with cheesy or erra or epi.

Yes. I just laid claim to people. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!


I'M GONNA ACCEPT, mothafuka!
__________________
Vona
(melodic hardcore - Stardust [single] out now!)
Erra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #98
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
 
RedDeath9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by amonamarthmetal
.... Are you Muhammed Suicmez?


Oh yeah, I know Necrothing2 is a complete ripoff of Necrophagist Hence the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyMozarella
I am humbled. We have quite different writing styles, but maybe we can use that to our advantage.


You've got a penchant for writing beautiful chord progressions.
__________________

This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time
RedDeath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #99
Adrian89
UG Freak
 
Adrian89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Madrid
How's the thing going?
__________________
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Adrian89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:42 AM   #100
btones
My lips are sealed.
 
btones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: los angeles
I'd be interested in throwing down a song fragment or two.
__________________
PSN: FLCL_Guitar
Steam: Tsundere Magic
btones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.