Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Punk & Ska
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 05-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
 
waterproofpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
My First Year As A Woman: Laura Jane Grace (Tom Gabel)

So about a year ago news broke that Tom of Against Me! came out about his gender identity issues. I stumbled upon this article today with a nice little 1 year update on how she's doing. In it she talks about coming out to her wife, the hormone treatments she underwent and how she has no plans to get vocal cord surgery to changer her voice.


It's a pretty cool read. Laura is one brave lady.


(I apologize for the source, but hey it's an exclusive.)
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebri...src=syn&mag=cos



edit: words
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.

Last edited by waterproofpie : 05-16-2013 at 03:43 PM.
waterproofpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage
 
pinheadslts75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
She seems like a cool person though I haven't been on the Against Me! train in a long time.
pinheadslts75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
mr.retard
wumbology
 
mr.retard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
interesting read. thanks for sharing.
__________________
Making your day worse so tomorrow seems better.
mr.retard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
Saint78
julian wells
 
Saint78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: feels like i only go backwards
gender identity is punk
__________________
you're a stone fox
Saint78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #5
bluffyufx
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
thanks for sharing this nice info...


Currency Trading in India: UFXMARKETS
bluffyufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
axeslash
I got no learnin'
 
axeslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
OH MY GOD THEY SAID HE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE ARTICLE EVEN THOUGH IT PERFECTLY MAKES SENSE I'M SO MAD ABOUT IT BECAUSE OF REASONS.

Stay classy internet; stay classy forever you big beautiful beast.
__________________
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
axeslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
due 07
haaan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeslash
OH MY GOD THEY SAID HE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE ARTICLE EVEN THOUGH IT PERFECTLY MAKES SENSE I'M SO MAD ABOUT IT BECAUSE OF REASONS.

calm down bro.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #8
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
I read this a bit ago and it's pretty rad.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
MattTheArsonist
Registered Stooge
 
MattTheArsonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
It's amazing how the same people that posted in here when I was in high school almost a decade ago still post in this forum. I miss this place.

Oh, uh, and trannies for the win?
MattTheArsonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
 
waterproofpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheArsonist
It's amazing how the same people that posted in here when I was in high school almost a decade ago still post in this forum. I miss this place.

Oh, uh, and trannies for the win?



I think a lot of us are back for nostalgia sake. I just think it's pretty darn cool that other old posters think about this place.

And also that half of us have met Henry Rollins by now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
waterproofpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #11
MattTheArsonist
Registered Stooge
 
MattTheArsonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproofpie
I think a lot of us are back for nostalgia sake. I just think it's pretty darn cool that other old posters think about this place.

And also that half of us have met Henry Rollins by now.


I've seen him live twice - once at a spoken word gig, and another when he toured with X and Rollins Band in 07. Missed him on both opportunities. I did meet Billy Zoom of X, though. Haha.
MattTheArsonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
I didn't realize that so many members had quit. No more Andrew will be weird.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.