Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
CreativeNickNam

Songs suggestions and help

Hi

I've been playing the guitar for a month or so, been doing alright, picking it up pretty fine but still I want to work harder on it.

[Playing the Classical guitar]

So, I've learned a few songs, Sadness and sorrow, Gloria [Them], Pursuit of Happiness and the acoustic part of Remnants by disturbed.
I need more songs I could work on, full songs... I've learned a few intors and such or for example the main riff of American Woman.

how should I train myself? What songs are you guys suggestion me to learn? [my main goal is an electric, play metal, rock, hard rock]

Thank you
CreativeNickNam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
stepchildusmc

I assume you mean "acoustic guitar"... not many classical guitarists are gonna do Disturbed
anything from Alice in Chains' " jar of flies" EP should be right up your alley.
Avenged Sevenfold is pretty easy to play... bat country's a bitch to learn on acoustic but is absolutely better than the electric version once you get it down.
If you work with the acoustic and fall in love with it, you'll probably "meh" the electric.
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
CreativeNickNam

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepchildusmc
I assume you mean "acoustic guitar"... not many classical guitarists are gonna do Disturbed
anything from Alice in Chains' " jar of flies" EP should be right up your alley.
Avenged Sevenfold is pretty easy to play... bat country's a bitch to learn on acoustic but is absolutely better than the electric version once you get it down.
If you work with the acoustic and fall in love with it, you'll probably "meh" the electric.

I'm playing the a Classical..

So should I learn what you suggested?
Old 05-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
stepchildusmc

listen to them... if you like the songs, learn them. if they don't sound good to you, there's no sense in trying to learn them.
you're learning "American Woman" in the classical style????
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
CreativeNickNam

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepchildusmc
listen to them... if you like the songs, learn them. if they don't sound good to you, there's no sense in trying to learn them.
you're learning "American Woman" in the classical style????

I only learned the main riff.
Also learned 2 other songs today, With or without you by U2 and Hurt by Johnny Cash. Hopefully they'll help me progress. Though I need someone that'll get me closer to achieve my goal and make learning how to play an electric easier.

ideas?

Rate This Thread: