User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #41
p_a_morgan
Beards Are Pretty Neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgguitarz1234
Country pop is ****ing horrible. Is it just me or does every song have the same bass drum beat/tempo, and same exact steel guitar rise sound.

Not just you.
Have you seen this 'band' 'Georgia Florida Line?'

Sounds like crap, literally. They tried to cover a Black Stone Cherry tune on their record. I threw up. I'm not even going to mention their 'original' stuff.

You've got all of these random dudes...scruffy facial hair, baseball cap, pretending to be from the south, fake accent. I mean... Come on.

Lyrical content includes, but not limited to: 6 pack of beer, truck, hot girl, partying, and somehow God fits in there.

The lyrics (and music videos, for that matter) are essentially that of a hip hop song...it's just that...well...not as well delivered, sadly.

Whiny, nasally voice of random, manufactured, pretty boy 'country' singer. The guitars are getting very much more Nickelback-ish. Drums are big, Def Leppard-style loops.

Ugh. It's horrible.

I think Shooter nailed it.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #42
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Honestly, if I had one wish, I'd use it to be a country singer.
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #43
zomgguitarz1234
Everything you love sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_a_morgan
Not just you.
Have you seen this 'band' 'Georgia Florida Line?'

Sounds like crap, literally. They tried to cover a Black Stone Cherry tune on their record. I threw up. I'm not even going to mention their 'original' stuff.

You've got all of these random dudes...scruffy facial hair, baseball cap, pretending to be from the south, fake accent. I mean... Come on.

Lyrical content includes, but not limited to: 6 pack of beer, truck, hot girl, partying, and somehow God fits in there.

The lyrics (and music videos, for that matter) are essentially that of a hip hop song...it's just that...well...not as well delivered, sadly.

Whiny, nasally voice of random, manufactured, pretty boy 'country' singer. The guitars are getting very much more Nickelback-ish. Drums are big, Def Leppard-style loops.

Ugh. It's horrible.

I think Shooter nailed it.

I got dragged to a Brad Paisley concert a while ago. Almost every song was identical to this, by every band.
zomgguitarz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #44
JBailey23
Oh Captain, my Captain

^ Brad Paisley is actually a shining light in the modern country scene with originallity for the most part and musicallity...but sadly he has been riding a trend lately thats been set by himself. He found his witty and catchy poppier songs is whats going to pay the bills for awhile. He's watering himself down.

IMO of course.

PRS Tremonti
ESP TE-406
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960a
Morley, MXR, Boss, BBE, and ISP effects

I play for Sleep Juliet. You can call me the Captain.
JBailey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #45
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBailey23
^ Brad Paisley is actually a shining light in the modern country scene with originallity for the most part and musicallity...but sadly he has been riding a trend lately thats been set by himself. He found his witty and catchy poppier songs is whats going to pay the bills for awhile. He's watering himself down.

IMO of course.

He's just as bad. He can play guitar okay and dorks on this forum eat it up. But being able to play guitar means nothing in country.
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #46
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Well if you keep making tunes about a way of life that's dead, then yeah, they're gonna get bland because there's nothing new to talk about.

You amuse me. I'm sure you would amuse the tens-of-millions of small-town and rural folk in the US as well who don't seem to have gotten the memo that their way of life is dead...

Seems the popularity of country music hasn't suffered much either.

https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/...-genre-in-2012/

IMNSHO, anyone who feels the need to run someone else's music down is an assclown. There is of course music I don't personally prefer, but I know it's probably good to someone and I don't feel a deep need to denigrate their subjective opinion. I expect the same courtesy from them, no more and no less.

Last edited by Arby911 : 05-20-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #47
bradulator
new sincerity

You are all ****ing dumb, country is great.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #48
p_a_morgan
Beards Are Pretty Neat

I'm not saying I hate country music. I live in southeast Georgia, born and raised here. I grew up on George Strait, Alan Jackson, Alabama, Waylon, Willie, Dwight Yoakim, and even the southern rock greats like Skynyrd and the Allmans.

It's just not like that anymore. 'Country' radio is one step away from playing Call Me Maybe. It's a fact. When's the last time you heard of a grassroots singer with a passion for country western music..a real cowboy...or a real outlaw..that spent years playing in bars until he was discovered by some big wig music exec?

Been a while, yeah. All the 'artists' now days are just dressed up and trying to be the next Keith Urban or Jason Aldean. It's terrible.

I pretty much boycott any genre that Kid Rock forces himself into, anyhow.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #49
fishmunky
The worst it's ever been

Quote:
I'm not saying I hate country music. I live in southeast Georgia, born and raised here. I grew up on George Strait, Alan Jackson, Alabama, Waylon, Willie, Dwight Yoakim, and even the southern rock greats like Skynyrd and the Allmans.

It's just not like that anymore. 'Country' radio is one step away from playing Call Me Maybe. It's a fact. When's the last time you heard of a grassroots singer with a passion for country western music..a real cowboy...or a real outlaw..that spent years playing in bars until he was discovered by some big wig music exec?

Been a while, yeah. All the 'artists' now days are just dressed up and trying to be the next Keith Urban or Jason Aldean. It's terrible.

When was the last time you heard that story for any genre of music period?

The industry has changed as whole, and that shit just doesn't happen anymore. I think the idea that you're going to hear gems on the radio is the few and far between, I can't remember the last time i was listening to a local radio of any genre that turned me on to a new artist.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #50
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:

Kid Rock might be a douche, but he's a very talented douche!

Very few of the 'greats' were any more 'real' or 'outlaw' than the current generation, it's just that history tends to lend credibility and mystique.

Love (or hate) the music for the music, not the persona of the musician. 'Street cred' is, to me, a term without any real value.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #51
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase.A
I know complaining about radio music is pretty stupid, but nobody really talks about country music on here. I'm I the only one that thinks its become the blandest genres of music?
This is coming from a country/folk/blues fan!

All genres are becoming bland and boring, and the interesting music I'm incapable of listening to.

*sigh

EDIT - That being said however I feel like there are still some interesting country-esque acts out there.

Ryan Bingham
Justin Townes Earle
Hayes Carll
Drive-By Truckers
Jason Isbell
Lucero
The Civil Wars
Scott H Biram
Ben Nichols

and on

Last edited by Toadvine : 05-20-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Toadvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #52
theogonia777
Miss Kristen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBailey23

IMO of course.

He's not even a particularly talented guitarist, compared to the likes of Jimmy Bryant, Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed, Danny Gatton, Les Paul, Tony Rice, Doc Watson, Roy Clark, Hank Garland, Marty Stuart, Ricky Skaggs, Randy Scruggs, Arthur Smith, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail
write 3 page long posts with the wrong opinions until people who don't actually read here or know anything about music theory promote you

worked for 20T

Now you have no excuse...
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #53
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
He's not even a particularly talented guitarist, compared to the likes of Jimmy Bryant, Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed, Danny Gatton, Les Paul, Tony Rice, Doc Watson, Roy Clark, Hank Garland, Marty Stuart, Ricky Skaggs, Randy Scruggs, Arthur Smith, etc.

Nonsense. He's an exceptionally talented guitarist.

Perhaps you could explain what criteria your 'comparison' used?
Old 05-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #54
theogonia777
Miss Kristen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Nonsense. He's an exceptionally talented guitarist.

Perhaps you could explain what criteria your 'comparison' used?

Exceptionally talented? lol nah. lolment gets it.

The criteria is whether or not they are better than Brad Paisley. Something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail
write 3 page long posts with the wrong opinions until people who don't actually read here or know anything about music theory promote you

worked for 20T

Now you have no excuse...
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #55
Nelshizzle
Im toast with a jelly jam

Im going to sing a country song for you guys later today. Let me just bookmark here and I'll do an acapella.

Not enough action

Too much action

Not enough thoughts
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #56
BladeSlinger
UG's Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #57
zomgguitarz1234
Everything you love sucks

Brad Paisley is a mediocre guitarist, but he is 10x a better songwriter than the other country pop trash which isn't saying much.
zomgguitarz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #58
p_a_morgan
Beards Are Pretty Neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Kid Rock might be a douche, but he's a very talented douche!

Very few of the 'greats' were any more 'real' or 'outlaw' than the current generation, it's just that history tends to lend credibility and mystique.

Love (or hate) the music for the music, not the persona of the musician. 'Street cred' is, to me, a term without any real value.

LOL.
Kid Rock is talented?
Baw-wit-da-baw-da-bang-da-bang-diggy-diggy is a fantastic and meaningful line, yes, but please share another example.

His Bob Segar rip off tunes? No, thanks.

Sweet Home Alabama/Werewolves In London-Turned-Beach-Douche? Again, please stahp.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #59
p_a_morgan
Beards Are Pretty Neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadvine
All genres are becoming bland and boring, and the interesting music I'm incapable of listening to.

*sigh

EDIT - That being said however I feel like there are still some interesting country-esque acts out there.

Ryan Bingham
Justin Townes Earle
Hayes Carll
Drive-By Truckers
Jason Isbell
Lucero
The Civil Wars
Scott H Biram
Ben Nichols

and on

^THISx100000

Thank you for mentioning Isbell. Dude is killer. Bingham's got chops too. This entire list is fantastic.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #60
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

I like a good bit of it, including what's on the radio.

Rate This Thread: