User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #21
palm mute
Reserved User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
I imagine hurricanes to be worse. Longer durations, wider spread, greater damage bringing in all the water from the shore.

It's like a tornado and tsunami had an obese baby.

But in the sense of "in the moment" scary, you're probably right.

Hurricanes get days advanced warning though, with tornadoes you get like 15 minutes tops.

Hurricane on a small island though, fuck that.

every night
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #22
blake1221
‭‭

Quote:
Originally Posted by palm mute
Hurricanes get days advanced warning though, with tornadoes you get like 15 minutes tops.

You get longer than 15 minutes. Tornado warnings can be in effect way longer than that.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #23
palm mute
Reserved User

I mean from when there is definitely one on the ground, tornado warnings are handed out pretty liberally. Point taken though.

every night
Old 05-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #24
Nelshizzle
Blood, guts, guns, cuts

Yeah Hurricanes at least give you notice, but Tornados are like "dont mind me, just going to EF5 out of no where and **** your whole day up"

Plus it's your house man... I would be so sad if I lost house after house year after year. I wonder how much the insurance premium is for houses out there.

The world can be such a terrible place at times, but keep your head up and keep pushing forward.
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #25
BladeSlinger
UG's Master

My sister's friend lost everything. Her apartment was in Moore. Her horse made it at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #26
ali.guitarkid7
Lonely Pup

That's messed up.

Though what worries me is I just started thinking about it and I have no clue what you should do in the event of a tornado. Like I have no idea what to do in any natural disaster. Good luck okie
ali.guitarkid7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #27
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean
Yeah Hurricanes at least give you notice, but Tornados are like "dont mind me, just going to EF5 out of no where and **** your whole day up"

Plus it's your house man... I would be so sad if I lost house after house year after year. I wonder how much the insurance premium is for houses out there.

I think year after year is a bit of an exaggeration, though tornadoes do seem to be more frequent lately in that area.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #28
Nelshizzle
Blood, guts, guns, cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
That's messed up.

Though what worries me is I just started thinking about it and I have no clue what you should do in the event of a tornado. Like I have no idea what to do in any natural disaster. Good luck okie

I'm sure in areas where it is frequent, there are some precautions to take for survival. As for me, all I know is that if an Earthquake happens, to stand in between a door frame to prevent anything from crushing you.

The world can be such a terrible place at times, but keep your head up and keep pushing forward.
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #29
palm mute
Reserved User

Save your ass in a tornado:

Central room, lowest floor (basement or shelter preferably), away from windows, crouch as low as possible and cover your head with your hands. If you aren't in a house get to a ditch or something low like that, away from trees or other objects that could fall. In the late 90's they ran this shit about overpasses being shelter from tornadoes because this one news team survived one in them, but they actually make the conditions much much worse because basically you are in a wind tunnel and the wind speed will be much higher there.
Quote:
I mean from when there is definitely one on the ground, tornado warnings are handed out pretty liberally. Point taken though.

Phrasing on this is shit.

From when there is definitely one headed in your direction generally 15 minutes is what you get, luckily these storms today were in daylight as many tornado producing storms are dicks and pop up in the evening/early night. Tornado warnings mostly only warn that the conditions are suitable for the potential of a tornado in your area, 90% of the tornado warnings I've ever lived through didn't even produce a funnel cloud. But it is pretty awesome that we have developed a way to actually provide some kind of warning against this, with how unpredictable it is even knowing to be more attentive to the weather that day could and does save lives.

every night

Last edited by palm mute : 05-20-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #30
WaterGod
SEC *****es!!!!!

I heard that an entire school of children have gone missing....
WaterGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #31
BladeSlinger
UG's Master

Quote:

From when there is definitely one headed in your direction generally 15 minutes is what you get, luckily these storms today were in daylight as many tornado producing storms are dicks and pop up in the evening/early night. Tornado warnings mostly only warn that the conditions are suitable for the potential of a tornado in your area, 90% of the tornado warnings I've ever lived through didn't even produce a funnel cloud. But it is pretty awesome that we have developed a way to actually provide some kind of warning against this, with how unpredictable it is even knowing to be more attentive to the weather that day could and does save lives.

Yea, fifteen minutes seems like a decent number if no one else has been hit. Warning rarely produce anything but luckily most people here know when to move. A lot of people watch the storm while someone else relays the weather on a radio or TV.

^They were accounted for.

I'm seeing more rotations around Sulpher and Muskogee. I have a lot of friends in the Muskogee Tahlequah area.

Quote:
brot pls

Last edited by BladeSlinger : 05-20-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #32
WCPhils
#philamerica

Quote:

This is what I was thinking. There's a difference between "oh there may be tornados today" and "One has touched down and it's a mile away from you"

With hurricanes and stuff you can watch them for over a week before they actually touch down. I know this past fall most beach towns in Jersey got evacuated before it hit. With tornados you don't have that luxury since it can basically be any day.
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #33
WCPhils
#philamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterGod
I heard that an entire school of children have gone missing....

Source?

I just heard "schools have been evacuated, but one was destroyed after the evacuation"
Old 05-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #34
BladeSlinger
UG's Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
Source?

I just heard "schools have been evacuated, but one was destroyed after the evacuation"

They've been digging 75 kids out of the rubble for a while. I'm not sure if all of them lived. At least 60 did, I know.

Quote:
brot pls
Old 05-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #35
WCPhils
#philamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
They've been digging 75 kids out of the rubble for a while. I'm not sure if all of them lived. At least 60 did, I know.

Oh, ****
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #36
WaterGod
SEC *****es!!!!!

Quote:
Source?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/..._n_3308844.html

2 schools have been completely destroyed and it's estimated that 2 dozen little kids have been killed so far.
WaterGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #37
BladeSlinger
UG's Master

Quote:
Oh, ****

I looked at the news about twenty minutes ago and it said 4 deaths. Still a ton of rubble and shit but four. EF4 or 5 tornado with multiple area leveled. 4 deaths.

^By the time they wrote that the figures would have changed.

Quote:
brot pls

Last edited by BladeSlinger : 05-20-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #38
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

I sure hope SteveHouse is ok. Why people keep living in that whole super ****ing tornado-prone area is beyond me.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #39
palm mute
Reserved User

^ I believe he is, he's been posting regularly in our mafia game and yesterday's storms didn't hit him he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
I'm seeing more rotations around Sulpher and Muskogee. I have a lot of friends in the Muskogee Tahlequah area.

Muskogee did have several radar indicated tornadoes just south of it and right now east of Tahlequah is showing some.

every night

Last edited by palm mute : 05-20-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #40
WCPhils
#philamerica

Well that ****ing blows

Rate This Thread: