User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #41
willT08
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Well it's bizarre to spend time kissing and cuddling and doing coupley things with someone else, no?
I guess, I've just never heard of anyone doing it.

Toddy, show respect for your fellow brother and don't shag his missus.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #42
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
I guess, I've just never heard of anyone doing it.

Toddy, show respect for your fellow brother and don't shag his missus.

BUT HE'S SO BORING WILL!!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #43
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:

People probably say the same about you. Doesn't make them helping people break social contracts any more justifiable.
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?

No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #44
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey

I was about to bone my girlfriend but then there was this drill and she said that there was no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #45
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
People probably say the same about you. Doesn't make them helping people break social contracts any more justifiable.

Undoubtedly, but then if I were emotionally blackmailing my girlfriend and telling her that I wouldn't want to carry on without her, I think I could - in a more lucid state of mind - see why she might want to be with someone else, boring or not.

Okay then, is it acceptable to encourage a friend to break up with her boyfriend because he's an arse, and she agrees, even if you have a vested interest in her being single? (which is more accurate to my current situation).
Old 05-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #46
willT08
Banned

Quote:

And that's unforgivable. But it's no excuse to knowingly help his girlfriend betray the trust implicit in their relationship.

However I'm fairly sure you're going to carry on seeing her anyway if you're anything like the man I imagine.

EDIT: ^ To be honest, that I'm pretty much fine with.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #47
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
And that's unforgivable. But it's no excuse to knowingly help his girlfriend betray the trust implicit in their relationship.

I haven't done anything like that yet. She invited me to stay round hers when we were drunk on Wednesday and I said no. The reason I'm asking is because the more I hear about the relationship the less I feel compelled to say no next time.

Quote:
However I'm fairly sure you're going to carry on seeing her anyway if you're anything like the man I imagine.

What are you implying!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #48
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Okay then, is it acceptable to encourage a friend to break up with her boyfriend because he's an arse, and she agrees, even if you have a vested interest in her being single? (which is more accurate to my current situation).

Yes. Nothing wrong with encouraging people to do what they want to do.
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?

No you don't

lol
Old 05-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #49
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Yes. Nothing wrong with encouraging people to do what they want to do.

Yeah, but I feel iffy about it given that I'm almost guaranteed to profit from it, so I feel a little uncertain that I'm acting on good motives.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #50
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Yeah, but I feel iffy about it given that I'm almost guaranteed to profit from it, so I feel a little uncertain that I'm acting on good motives.

Fair enough. Conflict of interest and what not.

No you don't

lol
Old 05-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #51
willT08
Banned

Quote:
I haven't done anything like that yet. She invited me to stay round hers when we were drunk on Wednesday and I said no. The reason I'm asking is because the more I hear about the relationship the less I feel compelled to say no next time.
The operative word being 'yet'. Just don't do it dude, you'll feel like a cunt afterwards believe me.
Quote:
What are you implying!

Well I think you're probably like me. That might be insulting
Old 05-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #52
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Fair enough. Conflict of interest and what not.

Well it's not even that. I mean, really this is a complete alignment of interests. As her friend I want her to be happy and so leave him, but as her... interest I want her to be with me. It's just when the two meet it seems a little morally confusing.

I feel I'm totalising the thread a little, though, so thanks for the opinions people, I'll be quiet now.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #53
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Quote:

It's a little scummy but not inherently wrong. Selfish and manipulative yes, morally reprehensible not really.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #54
Axeaman
UG's Curve lover

Quote:
I only talk to girls who stare at me uncontrollably for weeks on end, and that usually takes months to work up to.

No but I meant if you're just in the city and see some cute girl, do you walk up to her and talk?
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Axeaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #55
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
The operative word being 'yet'. Just don't do it dude, you'll feel like a cunt afterwards believe me.

Well I think you're probably like me. That might be insulting

Oh, I know. I've been there and done that before. (I realise now I'm painting myself like some post-ending Dorian Gray here).

And I have no idea how to respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
It's a little scummy but not inherently wrong. Selfish and manipulative yes, morally reprehensible not really.

I think I can live with 'selfish and manipulative' if it means I get a however brief period of not being utterly bored of being single before she cheats on me. That's kind of pathetic, isn't it? Hmm.

I think, based on this conversation, I'm going to actually press this more next time I see her. We've been rather avoiding explicitly talking about it. I mean we've talked about them, and we've intimated about us, but we've never really openly talked about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeaman
No but I meant if you're just in the city and see some cute girl, do you walk up to her and talk?

I don't think I'd do it just on the street, but in pubs and clubs I've done it before - though usually not alone, like a group of us will walk up to another group and just start mingling (usually with girls on the mind, lets not be coy ) I think generally in those places people are happy to be flirty and talkative and to start forming new friendships, but I think it'd be a little odd to just do it on the street.

Last edited by Todd Hart : 05-26-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #56
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Quote:

Why not? She isn't going to bite you lol. Go for it, worst case you get some free conversation practice.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #57
LeakyFlask
onaarq

Todd, you're fairly certain that she's into you yes? Now I'm a sucker for fiction romance so apologies if my advice sounds too much like a movie.
But wouldn't it be pretty nice to talk to her about her current relationship, the quality of it, and how you as a friend don't like to see her in a relationship she doesn't even really want to be in? Then after having said that, depending on her response, you can just make it all an epic reveal and just finally get it all out in the open.

Tell her that while you want to see her happy as a friend, you also have some other reasons for encouraging her to break up. Now, build on this tension for a little bit and just enjoy it, if that was in a movie I'd be eating that shit up, anyhow, by telling you that you're actually deeply, madly in love or what have you, you'd be removing the manipulative aspect of it (kind of). It might still be selfish, but at least your honest about your intentions. And after all that build-up and all those implicit emotions, that honesty will be pretty damn exciting.

Now, of course I as well am not too keen on the whole adultery thing, so what you would do in that situation would be to leave her with those words and then wait a little to see how the whole thing plays out. In a week or so she'll be ringing at your door, preferably in the rain or something, and just assault you with a passionate kiss as you open.

Last edited by LeakyFlask : 05-26-2013 at 06:27 PM.
LeakyFlask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #58
AngusIsMyHero
UG's Sports Fanatic

Location: Runnin' With The Pack through Electric Land in my own Rock n' Roll Fantasy
Quote:

There's no reason whatsoever to avoid talking to her. I'll give you some examples of my experiences walking up to a random girl I see in a city:

I'm at a bar with some friends and some music is playing. There's this really cute girl there and I go up to start a conversation. I start talking about something (I don't remember), and as soon as I get past that first topic, I start to fumble my words searching for something else to talk about. There's a really awkward silence and I feel horribly embarrassed. I then start working the conversation toward an end and afterwards I walk away and move on.

I saw a really cute girl at a store once. She was looking at a movie, so I went up and introduced my name, asked for hers, and started talking about movies. We had a good conversation and then when I was starting to move the conversation toward seeing her again, she mentions her husband. After a little bit longer we ended it, I said "Well have a good day" and moved on.

My freshman year of college I saw a cute girl on campus so I went up to talk to her. The conversation goes really well, and I say my friends and I are going to a hookah bar and asked if she would like to come. She said it sounds like fun but she has a boyfriend. We say our goodbyes and I move on.

These are seriously the "worst case scenarios," and not a single bad thing happened to me. So there really is no reason to avoid talking to a girl you think is cute.

Last edited by AngusIsMyHero : 05-26-2013 at 06:52 PM.
AngusIsMyHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #59
Neo Evil11
Worse than rapists

I've thought about it and decided that I know too little of relationships. I just am unable to form them myself. I am a reallt unlikeable person.

ಠ_ಠ
Neo Evil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #60
Våd Hamster
brzrkr

Location: My milkshake brings all the tards to the yard and they're like GHRBHBFLGFGAHRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
I've thought about it and decided that I know too little of relationships. I just am unable to form them myself. I am a reallt unlikeable person.

Hitler had a girlfriend

Nobody finds the perfect fit on the 1st try. Keep going at it and eventually you'll be pro at relationships. Like playing guitar ey

Våd Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: