Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 05-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #61
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
I've thought about it and decided that I know too little of relationships. I just am unable to form them myself. I am a reallt unlikeable person.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?


No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #62
thedefrockednun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Burn




New RT? Defrocked is sure to be on the first page after not posting for what seems months. Coincidence??


What do you mean? I've been acting as a wise overseer, I still read the threads and posts but most of the time, the regulars say all that is needed. Plus with uni work, I've just not had the time. I will now though!!
thedefrockednun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #63
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeaman
No but I meant if you're just in the city and see some cute girl, do you walk up to her and talk?


If I'm in the city I have no time for pointless conversations as I'm trying my best to get the **** out of there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?


No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #64
guitarxo
UG Senior Member
 
guitarxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: on your head
You can go up and talk to anyone you want. Just be mindful of what they're doing and whether it is a good time to talk to them. Headphones in, in a hurry, reading a book, engrossed in a conversation with someone else = don't do it (unless you have something to say about the book.) Whereas if they're strolling around or generally don't look like they're doing anything you have no reason not to talk to them.
__________________

RIP ;c
guitarxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #65
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
:') so proud of u
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:35 AM   #66
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lacrimosa soos a mal naaier
hi guys i had a crush on this gurl for 3 years now and i think she likes me the other day she put her hand on my lap and laughed and then yesterday she said that we're good friends how do i ask her out





howz it goiiiinn rt. damn i remember when i came in the last thread to ask for advice on the long distance relationship i had when i was 15. has it really been 3 months?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicuh
This is extremely serious.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #67
Freezer Burn
Doesnt Afraid of Anything
 
Freezer Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
That is a pretty selfish rationale for why it is wrong.


Instead of bashing my advice, give us some of your own. I am a firm believer in once a cheater, always a cheater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leony03
I was about to bone my girlfriend but then there was this drill and she said that there was no way.


Rephrase this, but this time don't sound like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedefrockednun
What do you mean? I've been acting as a wise overseer, I still read the threads and posts but most of the time, the regulars say all that is needed. Plus with uni work, I've just not had the time. I will now though!!


Wise overseer? Yeah right, don't press your luck

Your last 2 posts were in May and April, and before that, December. I know how you work, you just wanted to be on the front page, and you'll come back with more excuses as to why you can't be as active anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
hi guys i had a crush on this gurl for 3 years now and i think she likes me the other day she put her hand on my lap and laughed and then yesterday she said that we're good friends how do i ask her out


You go up to her and ask if she wants to go out with you?
__________________
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Freezer Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #68
thedefrockednun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Burn
Wise overseer? Yeah right, don't press your luck

Your last 2 posts were in May and April, and before that, December. I know how you work, you just wanted to be on the front page, and you'll come back with more excuses as to why you can't be as active anymore.


I don't need to justify my absence

Anyways, I'm not on the first page, I'm on the second one, so there! I only come on UG for the RT and when i do, I read a bit and leave. If I wasn't following I wouldn't have known about the thread. besides, I remember you taking a long break due to college, yet still making the first page of all threads!
thedefrockednun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #69
SomeEvilDude
Government Conspiracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Salisbury, England
Obligatory post from SED in this thread.

'Sup, bitches!
__________________
Magic Pimp Bus

Help a good cause.


Heroes never die: they just reload.
SomeEvilDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #70
gorkyporky
I like pie.
 
gorkyporky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pristava
Hi guys! I need some ideas for a killer 3rd date. We already went out to a coffe shop, and then ext time we went to play pool, but now im kinda out of fresh ideas, at least good ones. Any suggestions? I'd kinda like to make a move, and i dunno what would be good for that, but i think the girl likes me, so i wanna go for it. Anyway, halp plox :P

Also, why is there a new thread?
__________________
Joa je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
gorkyporky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #71
Freezer Burn
Doesnt Afraid of Anything
 
Freezer Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedefrockednun
I don't need to justify my absence

Anyways, I'm not on the first page, I'm on the second one, so there! I only come on UG for the RT and when i do, I read a bit and leave. If I wasn't following I wouldn't have known about the thread. besides, I remember you taking a long break due to college, yet still making the first page of all threads!


People still use 20ppp?

That is not true. I came back and you had already made a new threw with practically no permission from anyone, but that is neither here nor there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeEvilDude
Obligatory post from SED in this thread.

'Sup, bitches!


I've missed you SED *tear tear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkyporky
Hi guys! I need some ideas for a killer 3rd date. We already went out to a coffe shop, and then ext time we went to play pool, but now im kinda out of fresh ideas, at least good ones. Any suggestions? I'd kinda like to make a move, and i dunno what would be good for that, but i think the girl likes me, so i wanna go for it. Anyway, halp plox :P

Also, why is there a new thread?


If she's willing to go on a 3rd date with you, then you shouldn't stress too much about what to do. Ask her if she has any suggestions, if not, invite her out to a fairly nice restaurant. That's always a solid 3rd date idea.
__________________
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Freezer Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #72
kthxbi
UG Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: eatin peanut butter out ur mums pussy
hi RT! question - meeting people. i'm in a bit of a rut at the minute, just broke up with my lady friend a month or so ago, and am at a bit of a loss about how to meet new people. problem is, most of my friends don't live in the city anymore as they're at uni, so i often don't have people to go out with. the people i've been involved with recently have all kind of been strokes of luck - people i've worked with, people i've known for a while and most recently just a girl that was working outside my work and i went and chatted to her.

the question is kind of just - how do you go about meeting people when a lot of the time you don't really have the opportunity to get out and about with pals? i'm not that keen on the idea of just going to bars and farting around on my own going and talking to people that are out with their friends, y'know? are there decent ways of meeting people when you yourself often are alone?

maybe it's a bit of a vague question - i'm pretty braindead right now, sorry about that.

EDIT: also, i got tickets to a show soon which i'm really looking forward to but no longer have anyone to go with as i was gunna go with the girlfriend. not that that's related, that's just a bummer, lol. it'd be nice to meet someone to bring along to that.
__________________
DEVIN BRISCALL BENDS HIS DICK BACK AND STICKS IT IN HIS BUTT

FREE SKATERSKAGG1 AND CORYKLOK

Last edited by kthxbi : 05-27-2013 at 11:42 AM.
kthxbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #73
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Burn
Instead of bashing my advice, give us some of your own. I am a firm believer in once a cheater, always a cheater.



I didn't bash your advice, and I did give my own advice.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?


No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #74
>>>G30<<<
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Burn

Ask her if she has any suggestions, if not, invite her out to a fairly nice restaurant. That's always a solid 3rd date idea.


Great advice, a nice restaurant shows that you mean business, and perhaps lets her see a more formal side to you. Sometimes my boyfriend and I like to keep it interesting and keep the date a surprise, and just tell them what kind of clothes to wear (casual, formal...) and what time you'll pick them up, and any other requirements, a little neat future idea to try to keep them on their toes.

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbi
hi RT! question - meeting people. i'm in a bit of a rut at the minute, just broke up with my lady friend a month or so ago, and am at a bit of a loss about how to meet new people.
...
the question is kind of just - how do you go about meeting people when a lot of the time you don't really have the opportunity to get out and about with pals?
...
are there decent ways of meeting people when you yourself often are alone?


I would suggest joining a club or society that you're interested in if possible. Specifically one with regular meet ups in your area, that way you can meet people with a common interest, and start to build relationships. And as they're likely to be living in your area to attend the meet ups, it shouldn't be too hard to go to the bar with them at some point as pals.
Same kind of thing goes to local courses or charity associations.
Good luck
>>>G30<<< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #75
Neo Evil11
Worse than rapists
 
Neo Evil11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arkham Asylum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vd Hamster
Hitler had a girlfriend

Nobody finds the perfect fit on the 1st try. Keep going at it and eventually you'll be pro at relationships. Like playing guitar ey

You underestimate me. Im very selfish.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Neo Evil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #76
kthxbi
UG Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: eatin peanut butter out ur mums pussy
Quote:
Originally Posted by >>>G30<<<
I would suggest joining a club or society that you're interested in if possible. Specifically one with regular meet ups in your area, that way you can meet people with a common interest, and start to build relationships. And as they're likely to be living in your area to attend the meet ups, it shouldn't be too hard to go to the bar with them at some point as pals.
Same kind of thing goes to local courses or charity associations.
Good luck
thanks for that, brother. i'd wondered if that might be a good way forward - just gotta figure out if there's anything like that going on in my area. music's basically my only hobby so will have to keep eyes peeled. i figure it'd also be good to start doing some open mics and stuff - that'd benefit my life in more ways than just meeting people i think. time to gear up.
__________________
DEVIN BRISCALL BENDS HIS DICK BACK AND STICKS IT IN HIS BUTT

FREE SKATERSKAGG1 AND CORYKLOK
kthxbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #77
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $
 
chev311e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: D.C.
Stickied!!!

Good to see this thread is getting some more traffic than the last one. Let's try to keep it this way people.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
You can't spell rap without cRap


chev311e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #78
thedefrockednun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Burn
People still use 20ppp?

That is not true. I came back and you had already made a new threw with practically no permission from anyone, but that is neither here nor there.


That's hardly fair, I remember you saying openly that somebody should take over, and at the time I was a regular and I talked it over with the other regulars AND I got permission from Carmel. So that's simply not true and just aggravating.

Here is where I checked with other regulars: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...&page=491&pp=20

Here's the message to Carmel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedefrockednun
Hi Carmel, the Relationship Thread is starting to reach 10k posts, Freezer burn said that he won't open the new one.

I wanted to ask for your permission to open a new one. Ever since Silent Deftone's RT was full I wanted to create the new one, could I please be the TS of the new Relationship Thread (I promise I'll do a good job)?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel
Sure, just PM me the new link and I'll replace it in the sticky.



Just because I'm not a regular poster on the thread anymore, doesn't mean I can't post does it? Doesn't make my posts any less valid either, does it? Doesn't mean you gotta be a dick about it ether, does it?

Anyway, this isn;t the place for this argument, but just wanted to put that out there.
thedefrockednun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #79
Freezer Burn
Doesnt Afraid of Anything
 
Freezer Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbi
hi RT! question - meeting people. i'm in a bit of a rut at the minute, just broke up with my lady friend a month or so ago, and am at a bit of a loss about how to meet new people. problem is, most of my friends don't live in the city anymore as they're at uni, so i often don't have people to go out with. the people i've been involved with recently have all kind of been strokes of luck - people i've worked with, people i've known for a while and most recently just a girl that was working outside my work and i went and chatted to her.

the question is kind of just - how do you go about meeting people when a lot of the time you don't really have the opportunity to get out and about with pals? i'm not that keen on the idea of just going to bars and farting around on my own going and talking to people that are out with their friends, y'know? are there decent ways of meeting people when you yourself often are alone?

maybe it's a bit of a vague question - i'm pretty braindead right now, sorry about that.

EDIT: also, i got tickets to a show soon which i'm really looking forward to but no longer have anyone to go with as i was gunna go with the girlfriend. not that that's related, that's just a bummer, lol. it'd be nice to meet someone to bring along to that.


What are some of your interests? Maybe join a local book club if that's what your into. Or one of my favorites, join a local sports team, camaraderie is a great way to build some friendships. Once you find a girl you have the opportunity to start talking to, maybe casually invite her to that concert with you if she's into that kind of music. Seems like it could go well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by >>>G30<<<
Great advice, a nice restaurant shows that you mean business, and perhaps lets her see a more formal side to you. Sometimes my boyfriend and I like to keep it interesting and keep the date a surprise, and just tell them what kind of clothes to wear (casual, formal...) and what time you'll pick them up, and any other requirements, a little neat future idea to try to keep them on their toes.


Agreed. You'll get bonus points for

1) Picking her up
2) Being punctual
3) Meeting her parents (her father especially) and asking what time they'd like you to have her back by.

Once the parents see that you aren't just some other scumbag that wants to get in their daughter's pants, you'll have a lot more freedom in doing things with her in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedefrockednun
That's hardly fair, I remember you saying openly that somebody should take over, and at the time I was a regular and I talked it over with the other regulars AND I got permission from Carmel. So that's simply not true and just aggravating.

Here is where I checked with other regulars: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...&page=491&pp=20

Just because I'm not a regular poster on the thread anymore, doesn't mean I can't post does it? Doesn't make my posts any less valid either, does it? Doesn't mean you gotta be a dick about it ether, does it?

Anyway, this isn;t the place for this argument, but just wanted to put that out there.


Look, dude, I don't want to bring this up again in here, but you didn't really do anything besides say "Hey I wanna do it, k thanks". I never said I didn't want to make another sequel, and you didn't even PM me telling me that you were making one. HOWEVER, I'm done with this, and anything else beyond this can be taken up via PMs.
__________________
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Freezer Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #80
thedefrockednun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Burn
Look, dude, I don't want to bring this up again in here, but you didn't really do anything besides say "Hey I wanna do it, k thanks". I never said I didn't want to make another sequel, and you didn't even PM me telling me that you were making one. HOWEVER, I'm done with this, and anything else beyond this can be taken up via PMs.


I'll PM you, but I don't wanna look like an ass (and this argument has probably made us both look like one by now) cause I'm in the right. I asked a mod for permission, I asked on the thread if anyone objected and I PMed ALL the regulars to make sure they were ok with it.

As for you saying you didn't wanna do a sequel: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...&postcount=9247
thedefrockednun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:22 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.