Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
daveblackcat

UK Where are they

A recent ad for a Henri Oiseua prototype number 4 of 12 in America. As a totally none guitar player I have number 8 of 12. Just got me thinking where are the other 10. Quick details are they were made and giving to professional musicians to launch the company based on exact replicas of a Gibson ES175. Mine was giving to Jazz guitarist Andreas Oberg. I aquired it around 2007. The company lasted about 2 years, by reports found they are excellant quality instruments.
Apologies if this is in the wrong section only new to the forum.
daveblackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

The Henri Oiseua guitars were never a big seller. They were supposed to have been of high quality, though I have never seen one. I believe almost all of them were sold in the U.K. and in Europe. If any made it to the U.S.A., I haven't heard of it. The "missing" guitars are no doubt in private hands or sitting in music shops somewhere in the U.K. and/or Europe. I don't know if they still make guitars. They had some sort of arrangement with Takamine for a while; how much overlap there was in production between the two, I don't know. Strangely, the company still makes guitar picks:

http://www.vintage-strings.co.uk/guitar-picks/

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
daveblackcat

A link to the ad I saw
http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/msg/3756923520.html
I think a shop in Cheltenham originally stocked the full range before closing so the picks are probably old stock they have aquired.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
daveblackcat

Good spot and link on the picks by Fatalgear41. I spoke with the owner and he was involved in the set up of the company. Number 1 of 12 is still in his possesion and can be seen on the web page showing guitars inside the shop.
Thanks (9 to find)

Rate This Thread: