Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #21
Craziork
Registered User
 
Craziork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
However, when you gotta say what you gotta say, try to be polite and respectful. And FYI, the more crowded side is not always the righteous one, so don't get an erection too early from getting support of your probably objective friends.
Craziork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #22
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziork
However, when you gotta say what you gotta say, try to be polite and respectful. And FYI, the more crowded side is not always the righteous one, so don't get an erection too early from getting support of your probably objective friends.

You say "objective" like it's a bad thing. Music isn't completely subjective, you know. This forum is for criticism, and for being objective; you can't complain when we call a spade a fucking spade.
Got any actual arguments to make? Or just dick jokes?
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #23
Craziork
Registered User
 
Craziork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
You say "objective" like it's a bad thing. Music isn't completely subjective, you know. This forum is for criticism, and for being objective; you can't complain when we call a spade a fucking spade.
Got any actual arguments to make? Or just dick jokes?


http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm Here you go
Craziork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #24
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Did anyone even ask your opinion on all of this?

TS was actually pretty happy with Ometh's criticism. What are you trying to prove apart from the fact that you need to apply lotion on your butt every time people are honest about music they don't like?
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #25
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziork

"That was sarcasm" is something people use to backpedal when they say something incredibly stupid. I get the feeling you didn't actually look at that page for yourself, so why should I?
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #26
nikolazjalic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
LOL @ this whole thread

As great as it is to hear good feedback, it was equally nice to get some negative feedback. Thanks to everyone who contributed, I appreciate it.

On another note, I definitely agree with a lot of the stuff you guys said. I was pretty uninspired when writing this song and I think it really shows, however I still think with a bit of tweaking it could turn out really nice. I've been stuck with what to do next for quite a while and today I went through and made a few changes while taking into consideration your guys advice and I still feel like the song isn't going anywhere. The lack of thematic material makes it hard to build off so I'm probably just going to shelf this one and start working on new material until I can figure out what to do with it.

I'm going to upload another more complete song that I feel better represents my writing, it would be awesome to hear some opinions on it
nikolazjalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #27
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I still feel bad for basically ruining your thread
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #28
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
I still feel bad for basically ruining your thread

Aww, don't feel bad You're not the one that went straight to personal attacks instead of making a valid point.
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #29
Drapte
Registered User
 
Drapte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Thumbs down

I have to disagree with Ometh in that metalcore didn't die a few years ago, real metalcore now days is rare but metalcore definitely isn't dead. This isn't metalcore either though and definitely isn't melodic. This song is terrible, except for 3/4 of bar 53. If I were you I'd go back to re learning smoke on the water and think about guitar in a whole new light because this is.. well we all know what it is.
__________________
0
1
Drapte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #30
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drapte
I have to disagree with Ometh in that metalcore didn't die a few years ago, real metalcore now days is rare but metalcore definitely isn't dead. This isn't metalcore either though and definitely isn't melodic. This song is terrible, except for 3/4 of bar 53. If I were you I'd go back to re learning smoke on the water and think about guitar in a whole new light because this is.. well we all know what it is.

I was talking about this kind of metalcore:
show

Not this one:
show
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #31
nikolazjalic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
lol funny you say that as im halfway through learning colors right now. I dont believe ~1 minute worth of original material is an accurate representation of my playing. Technicality isnt an issue and whether a few guys on the internet believe me or not isnt a concern of mine either. What lead me here was the frustration of not being able to express myself in my music even though i've spent and still continue to spend countless hours on it. I know my music isnt anything special which is why im posting it in the first place, therefore if your just going to insult rather than give actual feedback that i can use then please, dont even bother posting in the first place.
nikolazjalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #32
Drapte
Registered User
 
Drapte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
I was talking about this kind of metalcore:
show

Not this one:
show



Well i'd say popularity wise you have the two mixed up but sure.

Real metalcore in my opinion is august burns red messengers.

I think metalcore has evolved now into a lot of things but that's where its peak was in albums like that and if someone brought out messengers or as daylight dies tomorrow it would be just as big a hit.
__________________
0
1
Drapte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #33
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drapte
Real metalcore in my opinion is august burns red messengers.


You'd be wrong though. Real Metalcore would require there to be actual hardcore in it.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1598330
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #34
Drapte
Registered User
 
Drapte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You'd be wrong though. Real Metalcore would require there to be actual hardcore in it.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1598330


Lmfao, where do you think breakdowns came from? The point is that august burns red is where as I stated "In my opinion" metalcore peaked.
__________________
0
1
Drapte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #35
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Please point me to a hardcore song, a REAL hardcore song, that has a breakdown in it.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #36
Drapte
Registered User
 
Drapte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Please point me to a hardcore song, a REAL hardcore song, that has a breakdown in it.


Why are u so up tight dude. You talk like it's been 5 years since you've been laid. I think we should get on to the topic of getting you some ass. But to be honest I can't think off the top of my head, I know that the general idea of breakdowns is definitely a hardcore concept however.
__________________
0
1
Drapte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #37
amonamarthmetal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drapte
Why are u so up tight dude. You talk like it's been 5 years since you've been laid. I think we should get on to the topic of getting you some ass. But to be honest I can't think off the top of my head, I know that the general idea of breakdowns is definitely a hardcore concept however.

You seem to misinterpret how people talk. He asked you a question, and when you can't answer the question you resort to diversions.
__________________
My name is Joe. call me Joe.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #38
Drapte
Registered User
 
Drapte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by amonamarthmetal
You seem to misinterpret how people talk. He asked you a question, and when you can't answer the question you resort to diversions.


I didn't resort to diversions at all, I honestly answered the question in my response in that I couldn't directly point to a song, however my statement still remains.
__________________
0
1
Drapte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #39
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
 
RedDeath9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
i just pooped a little
__________________

This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time
RedDeath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #40
amonamarthmetal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeath9
i just pooped a little

How come you didnt post it like all your other songs.















































TROLLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
__________________
My name is Joe. call me Joe.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.