Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
nikolazjalic

New Beginnings (GP5) C4C

Here's a song that I've had the majority of written for a while now but I haven't been able to find a way to finish it. It's seen a few forms through out its time as I'm always going back and changing sections to flow better or sound nicer. I believe this song would best represent my current writing style as a whole so tell me what you guys think
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 1. New Beginnings.gp5 (99.6 KB, 111 views)
nikolazjalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
Erra93
erriuyai

Sounds like August Burns Red-kind of metalcore, not sure what I think of it but I tried to help you out with the chug part, maybe there's something you can make use of?
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 1. New Beginnings.gp5 (12.2 KB, 52 views)
Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
amonamarthmetal

I like the use of the synths. Some of the breakdowns didn't do much for me. what was the point of bar 114? 119-end, was just awful. I liked it overall though.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
nikolazjalic

@Erra: wow this is really all over the place haha. There's some cool bits in here that I might inspire something

@amon: could you specify which ones you did and didn't like? and bar 119 onward was a riff I wanted to use for the ending originally but i couldn't make it flow. It's influenced by Josh Travis' playing. He's especially known for having really chaotic sounding tapping riffs
nikolazjalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Erra93
erriuyai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolazjalic
@Erra: wow this is really all over the place haha. There's some cool bits in here that I might inspire something

@amon: could you specify which ones you did and didn't like? and bar 119 onward was a riff I wanted to use for the ending originally but i couldn't make it flow. It's influenced by Josh Travis' playing. He's especially known for having really chaotic sounding tapping riffs

At first I was actually trying to write something you could use, then I got tired and uninspired and I started fukin around, then I was kind of serious again, then I fuked up some more, then I felt like I shouldn't post it at all, then I posted it anyway as a joke, then I felt bad, anyway, feel free to use whatever if there's anything you like sorry I couldn't be of much use!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erra93
Sounds like August Burns Red-kind of metalcore, not sure what I think of it but I tried to help you out with the chug part, maybe there's something you can make use of?

What the hell.
This reminds me: we could use another troll collab, who agrees?
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #7
Kafiolet
Blondy Service

Sounded a little bit like some Protest the Hero at some time, especially the end, after the "closed charley" drum solo :PP

Anyway the intro is very well built, very catchy.
The riff on the 17th bar would definitely need a singer on it. (of course, a grunty one)
The other part starting on the 46th is also cool, i really like the mood coming from it when the Celestia comes.
86th bar and more were epic, big choirs and chords, well composed.

But I have no clue what you could add after all this ! It is not very my main kind of metal so ... the extra riff (protest the hero like) is interesting but may be hard to integrate to the composition. Good luck with that !
Kafiolet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: