Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #41
dog_style
UG Senior Member
 
dog_style's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: the U.S. of A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
Your sounding pretty elitist there, mate. This is a social website, not a pro-musician only members club.

however, just having an acoustic guitar and knowing some basic chords is not necessarily pro. pro is when you get paid for playing and maybe make a career out of it.
dog_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #42
dog_style
UG Senior Member
 
dog_style's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: the U.S. of A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDawson
Lets see...

TS has so far, in this topic, made:

1 quadruple post
1 double post
1 triple post (which would have been another quadruple post if it wasn't for Hydra150)

It isn't that hard to make multiple quotes in one post. If you can't even respect forum rules, why should we take your drastic suggestions seriously?


who's TS?

why should i listen to someone who might have the mentality of gg allin?

and what kinda fan of gg cares about rules? especially if you are a musician to.

better turn your stereo down before someone complains.

Last edited by dog_style : 06-11-2013 at 07:38 PM.
dog_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #43
dog_style
UG Senior Member
 
dog_style's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: the U.S. of A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity ninja
To be honest, I don't see the problem. If they want to discuss that stuff let them.

.


again, that has nothing to do with the subject. it has to do with pit people spamming in musician sections. so you're entire reply is wrong i assume.

it also has to do with attracting more musicians to the site who may be turned off by all the spam from non musicians.
why would real musicians spam or troll?
dog_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #44
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog_style
however, just having an acoustic guitar and knowing some basic chords is not necessarily pro. pro is when you get paid for playing and maybe make a career out of it.

Yeah but nobody cares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog_style
it has to do with pit people spamming in musician sections.

You keep saying this as if it is a rampant problem. Point to where this has occurred without punishment.
Quote:
why would real musicians spam or troll?

Why would anyone? (hint: to blow off steam, chat with friends, have fun etc.).
And The Pit isn't entirely spam/trolling.
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.

Last edited by Hydra150 : 06-11-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #45
dog_style
UG Senior Member
 
dog_style's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: the U.S. of A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakke
Oh and TS, who are you to say that who is a musician and who isn't?
What are the standards to be a musician from your point of view?

And to add, pretty much everyone has said it here, pretty much every forum has an off-topic section. Why not discuss off-topic stuff with people that you've met here? You'd need to take their e-mails or ask them to come to the other forum you're on. I'd be far too lazy for that.


i never said i knew who was a musician and who wasn't. i only express suspicion.

what makes me suspicious is a musician who advocates musical conformity.
"but but everyone else is doing it" i.e. other sites having off topic sections.

what's the point of talking about off topic stuff anyway? call up a friend for that.
why would a musician not wanna talk music and only music? there's plenty of music sections to keep busy on.
dog_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #46
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog_style
call up a friend for that.

check yr privilege
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #47
dog_style
UG Senior Member
 
dog_style's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: the U.S. of A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
check yr privilege

i don't know what yr means.
dog_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #48
Malchius
....
 
Malchius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
TS would you have ago at a groups of musicians who went out for drinks and discussed politics, religion, relationships etc, because they weren't being serious enough?
Malchius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #49
dog_style
UG Senior Member
 
dog_style's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: the U.S. of A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malchius
TS would you have ago at a groups of musicians who went out for drinks and discussed politics, religion, relationships etc, because they weren't being serious enough?

what does TS stand for?
dog_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #50
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
TwatSpanner ThreadStarter
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #51
Malchius
....
 
Malchius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog_style
what does TS stand for?


Nicely dodging the question there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
TwatSpanner ThreadStarter


Malchius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #52
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
btw, TSpanner, you have created five threads in the pit yourself
and it's not like those were among the best threads, but I would die for your right to make them
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #53
JimDawson
Storywriter, Guitar nerd.
 
JimDawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
why should i listen to someone who might have the mentality of gg allin?


That's actually an interesting question. I suppose if you randomly met someone on the street, there is a chance they might have the kind of mentality to throw poo at you for no reason. Why should you listen to anyone at all if there's a chance they'll just throw poo at you?

However, I'm fairly certain that most of us know that the chance of getting pelted with poo by some random guy on the street is quite negligible. I know this from reflecting on my own experiences with others and creating a model of what random people are like without actually knowing this for certain. I know that I can walk around in a crowd of people and not get poo flung at me at all because my past has demonstrated to me that this has never happened to me ever; the probability of myself going out in public and getting sprayed with fecal matter is close to zero- but demonstrably not impossible.

You don't really know what kind of mentality people have without a proper demonstration. So why not give people a chance to show you? You simply can't know for sure unless you try. Going out into the world, experiencing things and studying those experiences is something which makes it possible for us to have nice things.

Short answer to your question: You might just learn something- and better yourself because of it.

Quote:
and what kinda fan of gg cares about rules? especially if you are a musician to.


I don't see what being a musician has to do with caring about rules. However, the answer to this kind of ties in to what I have already written. I just find it interesting, and entertaining, to witness the extremes of what people are capable of.

I am the sort of GG fan who cares about rules because I like having nice things. Tying in to my answer to your previous question, rules in their various forms give you a certain structure to build upon. That structure enables us to have nice things.

Quote:
better turn your stereo down before someone complains.


This actually ties into what I have been saying all along quite nicely. What you're doing is drawing a conclusion based on a false premise which you can't even prove in any demonstrable way. I'll forget the "stereo" part, because that's just splitting hairs.

You have just made an assumption that I listen to music loud enough that someone might complain. It's entirely false, but that isn't the point. The point is, it isn't good to reach conclusions without adequate evidence simply because your chance of being wrong goes up a lot. It's better to make inquiries about things first, and your format of doing so is quite important. You simply don't know enough to make a reasonable conclusion without adequate evidence.

My conclusion: You should probably respect the rules of the forum and those who use it if you actually care about getting nice things out of your inquiries. I sincerely hope you consider my response one of those "nice things" regardless of what decisions you make.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I ****ed ereythang up...

Last edited by JimDawson : 06-11-2013 at 10:55 PM.
JimDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #54
Shadowenspirit
Lady of the Pit
 
Shadowenspirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
This thread is ridiculous.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter



I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire




So it is written.
Shadowenspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #55
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
But why would a musician have created a ridiculous thread? Checkmate, atheists.
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #56
JimDawson
Storywriter, Guitar nerd.
 
JimDawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
But why would a musician have created a ridiculous thread? Checkmate, atheists.


lol

I'm surprised this thread isn't closed yet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I ****ed ereythang up...
JimDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #57
adamgur96
Not caring no more
 
adamgur96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
But why would a musician have created a ridiculous thread? Checkmate, atheists.



This should be closed.
__________________
I put my sig in a spoiler because i view UG sigless anyway.
adamgur96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #58
ProphetToJables
Tight Tight Tight
 
ProphetToJables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Telford
Nobody should pay attention to this thread because it doesn't pertain to Ultimate-Guitar.com's Ultimate Guitar needs.
__________________
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
ProphetToJables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #59
Tw1tch001
Registered User
 
Tw1tch001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
What an ass. If I would to talk only business all the time, life would be so boring. dog_style, I think it's time you broaden your horizons a bit and see that diversity is the best way to go.
Tw1tch001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #60
ProphetToJables
Tight Tight Tight
 
ProphetToJables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Telford
Also, and I'm not sure why someone didn't bring this up sooner, he's on a guitar forum and his name is Dog_style
__________________
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
ProphetToJables is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.