Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
The.new.guy
UG Freak

About "Ripper" Owens and other like vocalists...

How do they sing like that? I can't imagine that they're using their chest voice, but I would assume that using one's falsetto would sound much worse than this:

Are guys like this just really blessed, or do they use their falsetto and grit it up to make it sound better? How can I get started with singing like this?

I witnessed:

Night of the Pear (II)
The.new.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
Tyson2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.new.guy
How do they sing like that? I can't imagine that they're using their chest voice, but I would assume that using one's falsetto would sound much worse than this:

Are guys like this just really blessed, or do they use their falsetto and grit it up to make it sound better? How can I get started with singing like this?

its falsetto, with lots of tension (look at his neck, and his quivering jaw). Also, vocal effects. Why would you want to sound like this TS? He sounds like a constipated pterodactyl.
Tyson2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
The.new.guy
UG Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson2011
its falsetto, with lots of tension (look at his neck, and his quivering jaw). Also, vocal effects. Why would you want to sound like this TS? He sounds like a constipated pterodactyl.

It isn't me that wants to sound like this. I don't mind it, but it's not my favorite type of vocal. The drummer in the band I'm forming wants a vocalist that can do this, and I was curious if it would be possible for me to do this to satisfy him.

I witnessed:

Night of the Pear (II)
The.new.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
bigblockelectra

Kind of sounds like David Wayne.
bigblockelectra is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: