Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
Spaztikko

Reporting comments on profiles

Hi, today I received a very abusive comment on my profile, yet I don't know where to report it. Here is the comment in question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Wolf
Please end yourself ASAP.

It is on my profile if you would like to see it as is.

May I suggest in case of these or future events there exists a report button that only the Profile owner can see? Im thinking if it was visible to everyone then it could be abused or misinterpreted due to the amount of conversations that can occur.

Also any help dealing with this comment I have just experienced would be greatly appreciated. Flat out and unjustified flaming means I wont have a good time. He doesnt know I could be vulnerable and this could be detrimental. I therefore suggest some of the forum's courtesys be extended to profiles.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinterMan22
lmao putting a 9v on yr ladybits thats just another ep of "tossing larry's salad" waitin to happen

Banging ur mum
I killed the chat thread again.
Spaztikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
Hydra150
UG Spammer

Just find a post of the user and report that, posting a link to your own profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikurosaki
wat no maybe 14 at yougnest

It's a Sein
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #3
ruker
the iconflict

ROFL, this has got to be a joke...
ruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
rolandroi
it is known

He's right though......

Just do it
rolandroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:36 AM   #5
Spaztikko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
Just find a post of the user and report that, posting a link to your own profile

Thanks dude.

Yes I'm serious, no this is not a joke.

Quote:
lmao putting a 9v on yr ladybits thats just another ep of "tossing larry's salad" waitin to happen

Banging ur mum
Old 06-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
DoubleBassCrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztikko
Hi, today I received a very abusive comment on my profile

Prepare yourself for more of them. Just delete the comment, then move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztikko
Flat out and unjustified flaming means I wont have a good time. He doesnt know I could be vulnerable and this could be detrimental.

I see what you're asking for, but you've been here since April 2011, surely you were more than aware of all the dick-wads & trolls that run rampant here. You think what that dude said to you was bad? Just stick around a little longer, go digging around this place long enough and you'll find things that'll leave a mental scar, believe me, there are far worse things to see here than someone telling you to go kill yourself.

So some jackass told you to commit suicide, you'll forget about it in two weeks, Just ignore it, let it go, instead of getting pissed off at someone that's knows you're going to take the bait while they laugh at you miles away in front of the safety of their computer screen. There ain't no winning this shit, you help who you can & contribute what you can, if they don't like, **** 'em.

Come to think of it, I can't remember if I've ever had a "good time" on this website, maybe there's a number I can call for that? I don't even know why the hell I can't quit coming to this ****ing place, every time I log out I swear that it will be the last time I ever come here, but it never is... it started out as just reading tabs and music news back in 2005, now it's become... something else.
DoubleBassCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
Hydra150
UG Spammer

Never delete insults. Wear them proudly.
Quote:

It's a Sein
Old 06-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
ruker
the iconflict

How about we all report you for having "I Came Here To **** Bitches" in your profile picture, and "**** BITCHES" in your about me section? And the "2000 views, still not perma'd!", sup, troll?

Better yet, just grow a pair. "I Came Here To **** Bitches".... pfft, more like you came here to be overly sensitive like one.

Last edited by ruker : 06-13-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
Hydra150
UG Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruker
How about we all report you for having "I Came Here To **** Bitches" in your profile picture, and "**** BITCHES" in your about me section? And the "2000 views, still not perma'd!", sup, troll?

Better yet, just grow a pair. "I Came Here To **** Bitches".... pfft, more like you came here to be overly sensitive like one.

Quote:

It's a Sein
Old 06-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
Eastwinn
Banned

encouraging strangers to commit suicide over the internet is not clever, funny, or ever appropriate. idk why some of you all would take this so lightly.
Eastwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #11
ruker
the iconflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
encouraging strangers to commit suicide over the internet is not clever, funny, or ever appropriate. idk why some of you all would take this so lightly.

Telling a gimmick to end themselves is always good for the internet. And if they take "end yourself" literally as "commit suicide", then they have the mental capacity of an infant, and I have no sympathy for their insecurities.

Last edited by ruker : 06-13-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Hydra150
UG Spammer

Quote:
Are you kidding? Spaztikko is a troll. He's taken on the persona of a dog. He talks in meme. idk why some you all would fail to see that.

Spaztikko is a young guy from New Zealand (not really though hush hush k cool) called Ben. Don't judge people baced on superficialities they present on a guitar forum.
Quote:

It's a Sein
Old 06-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
ruker
the iconflict

Quote:
Spaztikko is a young guy from New Zealand (not really though hush hush k cool) called Ben. Don't judge people baced on superficialities they present on a guitar forum.

Oh I get it, his real life is so pathetic, he has to live vicariously through a fake dog on a guitar forum. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #14
Hydra150
UG Spammer

How is having a laugh doing any harm? Is your life so pathetic that you only feel better when you are belittling others? Reported.
Quote:

It's a Sein
Old 06-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
ruker
the iconflict

Quote:
How is having a laugh doing any harm? Is your life so pathetic that you only feel better when you are belittling others? Reported.

Well I'm laughing at the expense of your cohort (and now you), and it seems to be doing quite a bit of harm to you.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #16
Hydra150
UG Spammer

k, koo
Quote:

It's a Sein
Old 06-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #17
Alpha_Wolf
HR

This thread has provided me with a great laugh! Thanks everyone.

Also, I find it absolutely hilarious that OP is typing coherently for once, but only to whine to UG.

EDIT: Also:

Quote:
Telling a gimmick to end themselves is always good for the internet. And if they take "end yourself" literally as "commit suicide", then they have the mental capacity of an infant, and I have no sympathy for their insecurities.

This. I wasn't telling you to literally commit suicide. You knew that, don't play dumb.

Maybe you need to take a step back and ask yourself why most people on this site can't stand the sight of you.

EDITEDIT:

Quote:

This is not a legitimate reason to report someone. Just saying.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Last edited by Alpha_Wolf : 06-15-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Alpha_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:37 AM   #18
Hydra150
UG Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Wolf
This is not a legitimate reason to report someone. Just saying.

Insulting someone is a valid reason to report.
Quote:

It's a Sein
Old 06-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #19
Spaztikko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn

Exactly. There is a person behind the screen and if they are vulnerable then this kind of stuff can really adveresly effect them. Thank you, and hydra, for knowing that.

Quote:

Here's someone who clearly can't take a generally well received joke. Calling me a gimmick is just insulting, trying to relegate my entire existence to a humorous persona I put up for when I'm looking for laughs or whatever isn't cool bro. You don't know the mental health of me or any other person on this site, but they are people nonetheless.

Please tell me how I SHOULD have interpreted "end yourself", because its pretty evident you aren't asking me for tea.

The only situation would be where this was said as a joke between friends. Really knew each other so well that you were sure it wouldn't damage the other. Even then its barely acceptable.

[QUOTE=ruker]Oh I get it, his real life is so pathetic, he has to live vicariously through a fake dog on a guitar forum. Thanks for clearing that up![/QUOTE

Its things like this which show your complete lacj of empathy and justc show what a sad person you are.

Quote:

Banging ur mum
Old 06-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #20
Spaztikko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Wolf
1.This thread has provided me with a great laugh! Thanks everyone.

2. Also, I find it absolutely hilarious that OP is typing coherently for once, but only to whine to UG.

EDIT: Also:

3. This. I wasn't telling you to literally commit suicide. You knew that, don't play dumb.

4. Maybe you need to take a step back and ask yourself why most people on this site can't stand the sight of you.

EDITEDIT:

5. This is not a legitimate reason to report someone. Just saying.

I added numbers to lines in your quote to where I responded, I'm on.my phone so making individyal quotes isn't efficient.

1. Stop being a knob - this isn't funny, this is actually quite serious. Cyber bullying happens and is actually very damaging, at the extreme, enough to physically harm. Don't try to pass this off as humour.
2. I type properly a lot of the time. When I do type under a guise like doge or my rap battla, its.because I'm looking for a laugh, generally having it with a group of good, friendly users. If anything, this compunds how seriously I feel about this. This isn't a whine either, its a legitimate and very real situation.
3. Please point out how end yourself is ANYWHERE near being a ****ing positive thing to say? You're as umfunny as the other guy.
4. Maybe you need to take a step back and realise your words are actually really ****ing hurtful. It Is possible to hurt people like this. Not me, but as said before, you have no idea who the person, yeah, a real person, is on the other side
5. You are flaming at the very least so stop trying to offput that. The other guy is adding as much wood as you are.

Quote:

Banging ur mum

Rate This Thread: