Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #21
samuraigoomba

My Omen had very muddy pickups. Just kind of bland with not a lot of top end. Pretty bass-heavy sound overall, probably in part due to the thick, solid body. It doesn't sound horrible (unlike a lot of $100 guitars) but you'll definitely want to replace them if you plan to use the guitar for more than to learn/practice on. The pickups are probably the worst thing about the guitar. That and the baseball bat neck (unless you like that.)

Last edited by samuraigoomba : 07-08-2013 at 05:56 AM.
samuraigoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #22
Paddynbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraigoomba
My Omen had very muddy pickups. Just kind of bland with not a lot of top end. Pretty bass-heavy sound overall, probably in part due to the thick, solid body. It doesn't sound horrible (unless a lot of $100 guitars) but you'll definitely want to replace them if you plan to use the guitar for more than to learn/practice on. The pickups are probably the worst thing about the guitar. That and the baseball bat neck (unless you like that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambler3
What're the pickups like? apparently they aren't too bad for stock ones.

Yeah, the pickups are a little muddy, but, in fairness they are some of the best stock pickups in this price range (obviously Gibson etc can't be taken into account) especially on a metal guitar.

I took it on stage the other day at a week-day gig just to try it out, and the pickups certainly sounded adequate at the least.
Paddynbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #23
b56748

I LOVE THE OMEN 6, mine was my first actual guitar, im not only saying i love it because it was my first but it has that perfect grunge, punk and metal sound to it (all subs included) while its really simple only 3 way selector, volume and tone thats pretty much all you need, tuning has not been an issue it doesnt really go out of tune in the middle of playing (but sometimes if you set it against the wall it will push the tunning keys alittle putting it somewhat of tune, im pretty sure happens with most) and it sounds good with most tunings espically drop D, overall id say its a pretty good guitar about as simple and non flashy as it gets.
b56748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
samuraigoomba

Well yeah, I mean for the price range these things are great. That's the weird thing: I don't like the Omen at all, but the price point is so low for the level of quality you get. You can get these used for $100. I can't think of any other $100 guitar that's actually a "real" guitar. You swap out the pickups and you have a pretty decent performer if you can deal with the baseball bat neck.

Of course, it has no resale value at all really, but that's just how cheap guitars are.
samuraigoomba is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: