Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
JayT44
all my verses is poetry

The University Thread!

Are you between the ages of 16 to 90 and are enrolled in post-secondary education? Tell us all about it. I couldn't believe that there wasn't a dedicated college/university thread already, so we're gonna make it a thing.

It's summer, and most of us are either out of school or taking summer classes. I myself miss my campus already, so I'm excited to talk about and reminisce with you all.

Suggested discussion topics include:
- what school you're hoping to attend, where you're currently enrolled, which schools you've attended in the past
- your major, coursework, GPA, SAT/ACT scores, financial aid, etc.
- dorms, apartments, roommates, living conditions, transportation
- the party you went to last night, the drunk guy that threw your bike into a tree, that cute girl that gave you her number (it was fake anyway)
- special features and campus spots that make your school great
- sports, clubs, athletics, etc.
- anything else you can possibly find interesting about your school

Let's share our stories, experiences, and guidelines of campus life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
JayT44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Chug! Chug! Chug!

University of Wisconsin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
Love is blind, and probably missing a few other sense, too.

Last edited by JustRooster : 06-23-2013 at 09:50 AM.
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

I got a 2100 on my SATs. Be jealous.

Next year I'm either going to U of Manchester [70% chance], U of Sheffield [15%], or McGill [15%].

Last edited by genghisgandhi : 06-22-2013 at 09:34 PM.
genghisgandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
devourke
Banned

i study music because im a retard and everything else confuses me
devourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

Well, consider me a weird dude looking in through the window, because I'm enrolled in an online university (the shame), American Military University, in order to work towards a degree while continuing my actual job.

If anyone cares, which they don't, I'm halfway towards a BS in Space Studies, which is actually a really cool degree, but it'll be awhile before I finish it since I can only take so many classes a year.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
JayT44
all my verses is poetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRooster
Chug! Chug! Chug!

Montee Ball destroyed Purdue last season (he destroyed most teams, but still)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisgandhi
I got a 2100 on my SATs. Be jealous.

Dear god. That's a pretty great score man. Nice work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
JayT44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

I study Literature at the University of Leicester... because I don't want to have a job in the future and love sleeping on cardboard boxes in piss smelling ally ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
Philip_pepper
Banned

I'm starting my fourth and last year of university and I can't wait to leave.

University seemed like a party that you couldn't wait to be invited to because everyone was going to go.

Now it's like a huge party full of people you can't stand and you can't find the exit.
Philip_pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
BladeSlinger
UG's Master

I'm going to Northeastern State University of Oklahoma. Gettin mah English degree. I've been enrolled at the College of the Muscogee Nation before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
I study Literature at the University of Leicester... because I don't want to have a job in the future and love sleeping on cardboard boxes in piss smelling ally ways.

I do love me a good cardboard box. They don't make me like they used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
Dear god. That's a pretty great score man. Nice work!

It's a good thing too, I was ranked in the bottom half of my senior class
Old 06-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
Shadowenspirit
Lady of the Pit

I study Psychology at Laurentian University and am planning to do my masters in clinical psychology with a specialization in neuropsychology.

I also made the decision to do summer school, although I wish I didn't.
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.

Last edited by Shadowenspirit : 06-23-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Shadowenspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #12
AeroRocker
I'm too old for this ****

I got to Ohio State with a major in Chemical Engineering and a minor in Spanish. It's great over here. I'm taking classes right now.

Hopefully I'll be going abroad next year and then doing a co-op. So that's a year off from school, but I need the money/soul searching.
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
AeroRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

My wife goes to UW Seattle
Old 06-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #14
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

I go to Pacific Lutheran University, majoring in History. I'm president of my hall's Residence Hall Council and Vice President of my school's Swing Club.

Our school has an amazing music department, especially the vocal department. It's a very liberal school with a strong LGBTQ community, despite being tied to a church, which is already pretty liberal as far as churches go anyway.

We have an Upper and Lower campus. Upper campus can be roughly described as more studious, "nerdy" and humanities and arts oriented. Lower campus is where most of the sports teams and party people live, which the business, computer and phys. ed. departments located there.

Anyone else want to share some interesting tid bits of their "campus culture?"

EDIT: Oh, and my school LOVES it's Norwegian heritage. Also, the first president actually went panning for gold to support the school.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort

Last edited by rockingamer2 : 06-22-2013 at 09:45 PM.
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #15
captainsnazz
pigeon~~

University of Huddersfield, Music Technology. Will be 4th year (post placement) in sept.
It's more interesting than it sounds.

loljk it's fairly lame, but it got me a good placement and hopefully my masters will be free and in something more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmyisgod97
If they didn't want to be objectified they shouldn't have been little sluts.

Ego Sig
captainsnazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #16
progdude93
Banned

Hingle McCringleberry, Penn State University

progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #17
vilk
******ed

I went to Indiana University, graduated in 2012. I majored in East Asian Language & Culture ... hold the weeb comments--I actually don't watch anime or read manga. Except for Evangelion that's my shit. I took mostly history classes and language courses, my favorite course was actually an grad student course that I did when I got back from study abroad where we all just translated whatever book we wanted every day. I translated Ningen-Isu (The Human Chair) by Edogawa Rampo, which is a cool creepy quick read if you're ever in the mood for some weird stuff.

I lived in the dorm freshman year as was mandatory, lived in apartments after that. I'm basically not friends with anyone I met in the dormitory. Dormitories are gay. Well actually they're half decent for meeting girls, but once you bang one then everyone one the floor finds out and it limits your selection.

I partied all the time and never had to spend much time on schoolwork. It's because my major was really easy--for me at least. It's definitely not as hard as engineering or whatever hard shit some people learn in university. I graduated in 4 years unlike all my friends. Always went to class even if I wasn't prepared. Always turned something in even if it sucked. D's get Degrees, right? Also it's not like my diploma is going to help me much short of having IU written on it.

Study abroad was probably the coolest thing I did in university. Went to Doshisha university in the city I live now Kyoto. Honestly it's so easy to get laid in Japan if you're white. It's pretty easy to get laid at any university, but christ at Doshisha all I had to do was walk up say hi and invite a girl to my apartment. Though I did get away with something as simple a few times at IU.

My favorite thing about IU was the bar scene. I know most college towns have a good bar scene, but even so. My favorite bar was called House Bar, which actually just used to be a house that students lived in up till some years ago when they converted it into a bar. But it's still just a house. It has like furniture in it, and it's filled with board games to play. And it has a back area where you can smoke and stuff, which is cool because most bars Bloomington do not allow smoking. But of course as is true with any big 10 school there are loads of awesome house parties happening all the time at IU as well.

at Doshisha University I was in a 'light music circle', but basically it was just a club where we all formed cover bands and played concerts for each other. I was in a group that covered a Japanese mathcore band called Arbus (they're really good if you haven't heard them) and it was loads of fun.

Now that I'm a workin stiff I really miss university. Definitely the best time of my life, just like everyone says. Any questions about IU? point them this way! Bloomington is definitely a better place to live than West Lafayette (Purdue).
Old 06-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #18
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
Hingle McCringleberry, Penn State University

Oh god, great reference
Old 06-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #19
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright

Starting my A2 Coursework at the moment in college.

I'm almost 100% that i'll be going to Bangor Uni if any and to study Media (because what else?)

Only problem is that I might not get enough UCAS points after my two years of college so having to do an extra year would piss me off.

I don't care for night life at all, I don't drink or do drugs at all, and with Bangor being a really small town it would suit me, plus not far from home. Would be cool getting into surfing too maybe.

And with me being Welsh and my financial situation, I won't have any debt at all
Nero Galon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #20
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
I go to Pacific Lutheran University, majoring in History. I'm president of my hall's Residence Hall Council and Vice President of my school's Swing Club.

Our school has an amazing music department, especially the vocal department. It's a very liberal school with a strong LGBTQ community, despite being tied to a church, which is already pretty liberal as far as churches go anyway.

We have an Upper and Lower campus. Upper campus can be roughly described as more studious, "nerdy" and humanities and arts oriented. Lower campus is where most of the sports teams and party people live, which the business, computer and phys. ed. departments located there.

Anyone else want to share some interesting tid bits of their "campus culture?"

How do you like going to a really liberal school?

When I was going through the process of applying to places, I realized I would HATE it. I'm a 'free thinker' and someone 'who likes too march to the beat of their own drummer' but I would hate to be surrounded by nothing but people who are just like me. Subsequently I only applied to massive state schools.

Rate This Thread: