User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #41
progdude93
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neidnarb11890
i just graduated from thee univ. of new haven with a b.a. in english (literature concetration), ama.

What's the best way to make good coffee?
progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #42
robbo546hall
UG's fickle Arsenal fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
I study Literature at the University of Leicester... because I don't want to have a job in the future and love sleeping on cardboard boxes in piss smelling ally ways.

I also go to University of Leicester.

I quite like it. When I do a Masters I'm probably going to go somewhere a bit more exciting though.

lastfm
robbo546hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #43
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot5678
I'm not going to be in university for at least a year so I shouldn't be posting in here, but I'm going to have to retake my SAT. I managed to only get a 1690. I didn't sleep at all the night before (bad excuse but it didn't help at all) so I managed to **** up the essay (I am very good at essay writing but I didn't finish writing it in time because I'm an idiot) and I accidentally filled out two sections in a row in the wrong place and couldn't copy them down in the correct section quickly enough.

So in short I am retaking the SAT because this is in my top fifty most humiliating experiences (it would be much higher if the SAT scores weren't a private thing).

I got a 1740 the first time I took them because I royally effed up the math and essay. I took an after school class for the math section which bumped it up 140 points. I didn't study at all for the reading and it still went up 40 points

Where are you applying?
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #44
neidnarb11890

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
What's the best way to make good coffee?

i experimented with a french press for a little while, but i have gone back to basic drip coffee makers, mostly b/c it's easier to clean up when you're done.
neidnarb11890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #45
Gorelord666
Lone Buffalo

University of Colorado Boulder.

So a lot of smoking.
show

A library that makes a good place to have sex.
show

Basically just enjoying life.
And business major, not really sure on a specific field though.
Maybe finance. Oh lawd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Gorelord666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #46
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

Tis an honor to be one of the original three involved in this thread

Chicago Blackhawks 2013-2014
46-21-15
Rockford_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #47
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisgandhi
I got a 1740 the first time I took them because I royally effed up the math and essay. I took an after school class for the math section which bumped it up 140 points. I didn't study at all for the reading and it still went up 40 points

Where are you applying?

To be honest I don't know yet because I still am not sure what I want to major in (I have it narrowed down to several things, but several isn't good enough).

In the UK I'm thinking Manchester, York, Bristol*, Sheffield, and some schools like Cambrige, that I have zero chance of getting accepted into. I've basically excepted I won't get in to those so I've been looking at more places like Leeds.

*Probably not getting accepted there either.

In the US: Arizona because I live right by it, Utah because there are people there I can mooch off of while I pay my tuition, I've been looking into some campuses in California but I don't know how seriously I am taking that yet. I will probably apply for Minnesota because they are cheap for an out of state school and they have good programmes in my areas of interest. The rest of the appealing US schools are out of reach.

Edit: But once I know exactly what I want to do I'll have a better idea.

Last edited by slipknot5678 : 06-22-2013 at 11:11 PM.
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #48
robbo546hall
UG's fickle Arsenal fan

Quote:
To be honest I don't know yet because I still am not sure what I want to major in (I have it narrowed down to several things, but several isn't good enough).

In the UK I'm thinking Manchester, York, Bristol*, Sheffield, and some schools like Cambrige, that I have zero chance of getting accepted into. I've basically excepted I won't get in to those so I've been looking at more places like Leeds.

In the US: Arizona because I live right by it, Utah because there are people there I can mooch off of while I pay my tuition, I've been looking into some campuses in California but I don't know how seriously I am taking that yet. I will probably apply for Minnesota because they are cheap for an out of state school and they have good programmes in my areas of interest. The rest of the appealing US schools are out of reach.

Manchester and York are both so good. Very different though so you should try and think what kind of place you wanna go to.

I honestly wouldn't want to go to Cambridge. I'd absolutely hate it.

lastfm
robbo546hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #49
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:

Are you in any AP classes? Take them outside of school if your school doesn't offer them or you haven't been in any yet. UK schools care **** all about non-standardized grades.

Come to Manchester slippy. We'll slay bitches with our disgusting yankee accents
Old 06-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #50
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright

Quote:

Not sure why you'd want to go study in the UK if you're in the US... Buuut, I was thinking of York since it is rated very highly and seems very nice but I can't get the grades (even though compared to Uni's around the same rank is considered pretty low)
Nero Galon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #51
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Galon
Not sure why you'd want to go study in the UK if you're in the US... Buuut, I was thinking of York since it is rated very highly and seems very nice but I can't get the grades (even though compared to Uni's around the same rank is considered pretty low)

1. it's ridiculously cheaper
2. it's 3 years
3. international experience looks good on a resume
4. the degrees are comparable in a lot of fields
5. you can get a law degree in 3 years instead of 7
Old 06-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #52
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

^That. Plus the most appealing US schools are so out of reach. Even if I had a big $15,000 dollar scholarship I could go to an equally reputable UK school for a cheaper price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo546hall
Manchester and York are both so good, but very different.

I honestly wouldn't want to go to Cambridge. I'd absolutely hate it.

I think Manchester, York, and Bristol are my top three choices but Bristol is very selective so I don't think I have much of a chance.

Quote:
Are you in any AP classes? Take them outside of school if your school doesn't offer them or you haven't been in any yet. UK schools care **** all about non-standardized grades.

Come to Manchester slippy. We'll slay bitches with our disgusting yankee accents

Yeah, I am and I've already taken three AP classes, one of which I got a 4 in and two of which I am waiting for scores (I think I got a 4 on on and a 5 on the other). I've already looked at the requirements so if I didn't get it this year, I'm signed up for three more AP classes next year.

Also, I had a British-American teacher that I still visit every now and then (is that weird?) and he said I should go to Manchester too.

Last edited by slipknot5678 : 06-22-2013 at 11:21 PM.
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #53
Nero Galon

Quote:
1. it's ridiculously cheaper
2. it's 3 years
3. international experience looks good on a resume
4. the degrees are comparable in a lot of fields
5. you can get a law degree in 3 years instead of 7

1. Interesting, how much a year average?
2. Is America longer?
3. True I guess.
4. ^
5. Thats interesting, wouldn't it be better doing 7 years than 3 or not (I'm not sure, just wondering)?
Old 06-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #54
zincabopataurio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssargentslayer
Jesus.. This is the Canadian idea of a cool library

They hyped the shit out of it

Oh and yeah I'm at the university of Calgary going into my third year of a physics undergrad degree. Hoping to do some kind of quantum information since I'm currently working in one of the quantum memory labs. It's pretty awesome

I've never seen Robarts Library in person, but I think it looks pretty damn cool.

I am currently attending McMaster University in Canada, working towards a degree in Honours Physics with an Astrophysics Specialization.

Not really sure what to minor in though. Technically I'm minoring in astronomy, but by the time I finish my degree I'll have enough math courses to declare a math minor. I was looking at doing a minor in something called "origins", which basically is an interdisciplinary approach to discovering where everything in the universe came from (including us). I was also considering minoring in political science or computer science, but I'm not sure. Everything interests me, I don't know what to pick. Any advice?

I just finished my first year here and am doing a few courses for the summer, but I'll have to say though, first year was a huuuge wake up call for me.

Last edited by zincabopataurio : 06-22-2013 at 11:23 PM.
zincabopataurio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #55
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Galon
1. Interesting, how much a year average?
2. Is America longer?
3. True I guess.
4. ^
5. Thats interesting, wouldn't it be better doing 7 years than 3 or not (I'm not sure, just wondering)?

1. $17k p/y in UK, $25k p/y for a good school here [in my case Rutgers]. And that's on the low side of the scale. Private schools can go up to $40k-$50k a year
2. 4 years
5. No because you need to do something unrelated for the first 4 years in an undergrad program. A lot of people waste that time getting an English or philosophy degree.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #56
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
If anyone cares, which they don't, I'm halfway towards a BS in Space Studies, which is actually a really cool degree, but it'll be awhile before I finish it since I can only take so many classes a year.

I care. That sounds like an awesome degree.

Since the origin of man, he has looked upwards to the stars in wonder. And then made pictures out of those stars to masturbate to.
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?

No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #57
Nero Galon

In that case the UK would be a good choice.

Funny how much people worry/complain about Uni here (I know I do), but from what i've heard here of the US, we're doing OK so far.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #58
Geldin

University of South Carolina Honors College reporting in. I'm definitely liking that I'm at the top honors college in the country while also attending one of the top party schools. Good balance of work and fun.

The album is streaming here
Geldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #59
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

SUNY Binghamton alumni, btw

thinking of going back for another degree
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?

No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #60
guitarxo
cat

Tbh the undergrad degree isn't necessarily a waste of time. But if you know you want to be a lawyer and that's all you want to be then it doesn't make sense to do the extra 4 years

Wait genghis you're going to Manchester? I've got a couple of friends who are doing law there

Last edited by guitarxo : 06-22-2013 at 11:28 PM.
guitarxo is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: