User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #41
T4D
20 guitars and counting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
But that's the amazing thing. This isn't a random garage band we're talking about; this is a side project of the keyboardist of Children Of Bodom, one of the best-known metal groups in the world right now. They're signed to a major label. You'd think they would have bought the necessary performance rights, rather than putting up the same sort of disclaimer you'd expect from some random uploading someone else's album.

again sorry to post again but why would you Purchase he rights being big or small if you only need to defend IF you are sued ? if it get release it will be paying royalties on each purchase.

if anyone is upset it gets taken down by Youtube ( much cheaper then getting the paper work right just for abit of fun)

it's only abit of fun so No one will pay to sue them.( unless major money is made........in a release (Which will have the paperwork done for the profit made in the first 12 month for sure,.. if any.)

I got Protools, Eleven Rack & lots of other stuff.

Last edited by T4D : 06-27-2013 at 09:09 AM.
T4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #42
axemanchris
Awwww.... NOW what?!

T4D - I have better things to do than to argue with you. You clearly don't have much of a clue, and despite my efforts at helping you get one, you're just not interested in hearing about it.

You can lead a horse to water....

Enjoy your thread.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
axemanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #43
Sid McCall
(Actually, I'm Scott)

Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanchris
T4D - I have better things to do than to argue with you. You clearly don't have much of a clue, and despite my efforts at helping you get one, you're just not interested in hearing about it.

You can lead a horse to water....

Enjoy your thread.

CT

I was going to say something along these lines, but you just took the words out of my mouth. Cheers!

T4D - If all of those 'facts' were based on actual experiences, then it sounds like you got screwed over quite a bit in your career. That's the last I have to say about any of these nonsense.

If anyone has any questions, I am only a PM away and happy to shed light on any copyright confusion.
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Sid McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #44
axemanchris
Awwww.... NOW what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid McCall
I was going to say something along these lines, but you just took the words out of my mouth. Cheers!

I now declare this thread the T4D echo chamber thread.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
axemanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #45
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4D
again sorry to post again but why would you Purchase he rights being big or small if you only need to defend IF you are sued ? if it get release it will be paying royalties on each purchase.

if anyone is upset it gets taken down by Youtube ( much cheaper then getting the paper work right just for abit of fun)

it's only abit of fun so No one will pay to sue them.( unless major money is made........in a release (Which will have the paperwork done for the profit made in the first 12 month for sure,.. if any.)

You have got to be kidding me.
That song is going to be on an album. That album will be released on a major label. It will make money. Are Warmen and Spinefarm Records guaranteed to get sued by Phil Collins? No. But they're not just any random bedroom guitarist keyboardist with a webcam. They have money, and this release will make them more money. Not getting the rights for this is, I think the legalese term is, a "big goddamn deal", in that there's money to be made. But even if I think his choice in covers is questionable, Signore Warman (or his label) probably did get the necessary rights.
Now, instead of perpetuating this pants-on-head myth that putting "no copyright intended" in your video is a magic Turn Lawyer spell, they could have registered with Content ID, and actually, screw it, they don't even need to do that. It's a cover, it has new audio. Content ID probably won't catch it.
Yeah, saying you only broke copyright law accidentally (and YouTube's own Terms Of Service, which say you can't do that, which they have so THEY don't get sued) makes it all okay. And the world was carved onto the back of a giant turtle by a coyote. No disrespect to various native American cultures intended! (I heard that makes it all okay.)
And T4D, please, don't even bother continuing this debate, unless you're going to explain where you "learned" about copyright law.

Huh. Guess I ended up having a stroke over this instead of Sid.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:06 AM   #46
T4D
20 guitars and counting..

this is so funny I love the debating style I'm right your wrong so Shut up !

the only link you provide were for a restaurant and you didn't even read your own links !!

most were told to cease and STOP playing music they didn't THEN were sued.

Cavalcade you want my background , I have directly work with copyright law for a short film and many corporate identity jobs & 3D data and as a artist working on TV & film productions and music having to read & signed afew contracts and NDA's etc , ( in graphic's the best way to protect yourself is a BIG freak'n water mark.

now what's your background in copyright Law ?

the main point I'm trying to make is Copyright law is not a safety blanket you automaticly Have around your music

it's only 100% yours when it is on your computer, once you step over the line and upload it to sound cloud (or whatever) You have loss control and you have to Pay to protect ( or defend) your music

IF you a have management or record company ( someone who get a % of your work ) they will pursue and protect your work for you. and don't kid yourself they do because they get a % of that BIG Check.

if your by yourself uploading to the internet and someone steal you work Get ready to hand over cash, in all logic you should win BUT you will have to pay to make someone else Pay.

& Cavalcade sorry you do not like what Warmen and Spinefarm Records are doing it's hard to find out the real world is not the Disney movie you thought it was ..

the truth is they will do the paper work before it is released on a record but if they don't I doubt Phil Collins will sue over that song unless it becomes a hit and makes money ( there's no point until money is involved because legal cost get high very quickly) the main reason Phil won't sue is how does a judge decide the level of damage for a record that only sold afew thousand copy's ?

please read thishttp://www.fairwagelawyers.com/most...nfringment.htmlnote sued ALL after become Huge Hits !!

OR this http://www.clickandcopyright.com/co...fringement.aspx

I'm alittle shocked what you guys think copyright law is in the real world ?

your Quoting the letter of the law with black and white all know attitudes as if everyone is following it ,. what ? as you take the odd illegal drug, drive over the speed limit & play your guitar louder then legally allowed your residential area ?

do you think some Unnamed copyright organization is watching and listening to everything and if some TV show in Russia uses the song you posted to your profile on UG they will sue them and you will get a check sent to you with a happy letter telling you the system works ???

do you think even if you do find someone misusing your material you just go down to the local police station and fill in some paper work ?

wake up the real world is out there.

I got Protools, Eleven Rack & lots of other stuff.

Last edited by T4D : 06-28-2013 at 07:31 AM.
T4D is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: