Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
hyperliteBo

Epiphone Genesis Bass from 1980 any good?

Hello,

I have been proposed this guitar in a trade but I don't know much about it.
Is it any good? The basss is in good mint condition.

Thanks !
hyperliteBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Spaz91
Turd polisher

Trade for what? It's a bass designed on a guitar body so there will probably be flaws.
Spaz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
hyperliteBo

Tradin with a ibanez agb200 (very used condition) (not rock/metal enough for me) and what do you mean, designed on a guitar body?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

The Epiphone Genesis Bass was a bass version of their double-cutaway (in a Les-Paulish-looking way) Genesis guitar. It had two humbuckers and what appears to be the standard (for the day) three-point adjustment Gibson bass bridge used on the EB-3. Set neck, mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard, standard controls. The Genesis models were made in Taiwan. The quality was said to be pretty good.

The bass was rumored to be very heavy. It was made for less than two years. The guitar version was much more popular; I believe it was reissued not too long ago, but not the bass.

Since you are looking for something more rock/metal, it would probably make a good trade for your semi-solid Ibanez bass, as long as you try the Epiphone and decide that you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
hyperliteBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
The Epiphone Genesis Bass was a bass version of their double-cutaway (in a Les-Paulish-looking way) Genesis guitar. It had two humbuckers and what appears to be the standard (for the day) three-point adjustment Gibson bass bridge used on the EB-3. Set neck, mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard, standard controls. The Genesis models were made in Taiwan. The quality was said to be pretty good.

The bass was rumored to be very heavy. It was made for less than two years. The guitar version was much more popular; I believe it was reissued not too long ago, but not the bass.

Since you are looking for something more rock/metal, it would probably make a good trade for your semi-solid Ibanez bass, as long as you try the Epiphone and decide that you like it.

Hm yeah i figured that out so far but still, not much info or reviews about them online, so that makes me suspicious...
Not convinced I don't think I am going to do the trade.

Rate This Thread: