Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
antebartulovic
guitarist

Help about playing

Heya!
I am playing guitar for like 3 years, and last year seems like same, im just sitting in same place with playing, skills aint getting better, and i hate that. I have problems with tabs coz im to lazy for them! Can any1 give any advice for me? it seems im getting worser...

Rock on!
antebartulovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
rickyvanh

Every player goes through this.It's hard to see improvement because it comes so gradually,but it's there.More than 80% of people that take up guitar give up because it seems daunting.If you take the things that you have trouble with,and work them out until they are easier for you,you will be making strides.Patience and persistence are your best friends.Keep on plugging away.
rickyvanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Silver77

learn songs, play with a metronome, jam with friends, learn a jazz song, metal song, pop song, a piano song, a violin melody, learn some theory, learn a new chord extension, learn a new scale, learn all the modes... If you feel like your stuck in a rut it is apathy there is always something new to learn.
Silver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
antebartulovic
guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyvanh
Every player goes through this.It's hard to see improvement because it comes so gradually,but it's there.More than 80% of people that take up guitar give up because it seems daunting.If you take the things that you have trouble with,and work them out until they are easier for you,you will be making strides.Patience and persistence are your best friends.Keep on plugging away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver77
learn songs, play with a metronome, jam with friends, learn a jazz song, metal song, pop song, a piano song, a violin melody, learn some theory, learn a new chord extension, learn a new scale, learn all the modes... If you feel like your stuck in a rut it is apathy there is always something new to learn.

Thanks for fast respond!Well, I'll try with some songs for beggining, with metronome.Hope it gets better! Gonna post here hows going.

Rock on!
antebartulovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
haiyus

I can play the main parts of songs (beat it, the unforgiven, the otherside, carry on my wayward son) and a few pieces of some solo's like Metallica's one, and fade to black.
haiyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiyus
I can play the main parts of songs (beat it, the unforgiven, the otherside, carry on my wayward son) and a few pieces of some solo's like Metallica's one, and fade to black.

Change your user location or you will be banned for looking like an adbot
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: