Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #61
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
I can't actually update the lists because you made the post Random.




Or I'm derp.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #62
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
 
Horsedick.MPEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buck Hill
I need to decide what I want to do
__________________
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.



Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #63
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
 
leony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fixed point in time and space
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
I can't actually update the lists because you made the post Random.




Or I'm derp.


Yeah, thats the problem I was having
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #64
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Oh dear. It looks like the difficulty standards have increased a bit since I was gone. Anyway, it looks like this month will finally be the month.

Finntroll - Skogsdotter (guitar/easy, I guess).

They said it's the hardest guitar song they've ever written. I say there are already two Nile entries in Intermediate.
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #65
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
 
leony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fixed point in time and space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Oh dear. It looks like the difficulty standards have increased a bit since I was gone. Anyway, it looks like this month will finally be the month.

Finntroll - Skogsdotter (guitar/easy, I guess).

They said it's the hardest guitar song they've ever written. I say there are already two Nile entries in Intermediate.


If thats the case that the difficulty seems to have increased, we might need to have a think about that for next month
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #66
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
 
Horsedick.MPEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buck Hill
My entrees:

Easy guitar: Megalomaniac by Incubus

Intermediate guitar - One by Metallica
__________________
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.



Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #67
BladeSlinger
UG's Master
 
BladeSlinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Okmulgee/Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick.MPEG
My entrees:

Easy guitar: Megalomaniac by Incubus

Intermediate guitar - One by Metallica

I would love if you could recreate the version of One from Metallica shreds.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #68
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
OP Updated.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #69
whywefight
pray I pray I pray
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I don't care where just far
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
I would love if you could recreate the version of One from Metallica shreds.

whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #70
BladeSlinger
UG's Master
 
BladeSlinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Okmulgee/Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight

That would take true skill
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #71
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
 
Horsedick.MPEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buck Hill
That Metallica shreds video is too advanced for me.
__________________
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.



Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #72
BladeSlinger
UG's Master
 
BladeSlinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Okmulgee/Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick.MPEG
That Metallica shreds video is too advanced for me.

Dare to dream, man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #73
Gigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cranbrook, BC
I'd like to do nice to know you by Incubus for easy bass and schism by tool for intermediate bass.
Gigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #74
Ian_the_fox
Banned
 
Ian_the_fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: VA
Well, just as I expected. Natural Science was easy as hell, took me about 20 minutes by ear to get it right, 2 playthroughs total with minor difficulty with chord accentuation but that's it. Not surprising considering how familiar I am with the song itself, just never took the time to play it. Will make video later.

The Nile song will be a bit more of a challenge. Scales are easy has to figure out but the solos are what will get me.
Ian_the_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #75
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
 
DisarmGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK
Think I finally have the patience and time to do one of these (for real, this time).

Sign me up for Amon Amarth - Pursuit of Vikings. I'm gonna be ambitious and play guitar, and bass, and do the vocals (I'll program the drums). Not too difficult on any of those... probably easy or intermediate for all 3
__________________

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #76
BladeSlinger
UG's Master
 
BladeSlinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Okmulgee/Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
Think I finally have the patience and time to do one of these (for real, this time).

Sign me up for Amon Amarth - Pursuit of Vikings. I'm gonna be ambitious and play guitar, and bass, and do the vocals (I'll program the drums). Not too difficult on any of those... probably easy or intermediate for all 3

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:08 AM   #77
laid-to-waste
...BlTCH
 
laid-to-waste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester, UK
foxy lady - jimi hendrix
guitar
intermediate
__________________
I understand I am often wrong. Tell my why I'm wrong if I am.

Last edited by laid-to-waste : 07-09-2013 at 04:10 AM.
laid-to-waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #78
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
 
leony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fixed point in time and space
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger




Also, you are The Master.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #79
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.
 
Random3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Both of those Nile songs should definitely be in advanced.

Also that Finntroll song is too fast to be easy.

And I would say the solo from Spirit Crusher by Death makes it advanced.



I won't go through all of the entries but generally the categories have been as follows:

Easy: Slow-mid tempo, simple time signatures, no difficult techniques.
Intermediate: Can be fast tempo as long as it is not overly technical. Most songs would fit here.
Advanced: Include some degree of difficult techniques, or are simply too fast to fit intermediate.

This isn't entirely accurate and is of course subjective but these are the general guidelines that we have stuck to.



I will probably update the score page today at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leony03
I won the Easy one but deduct a point for my entry-adding failing epicly.


That's fine, but H4T3BR33D3R make sure you add the entries leony03 missed out from last month.

Last edited by Random3 : 07-09-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Random3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #80
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
I'm not sure which entries he missed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.