Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Bandleading
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
Ziphoblat
Hazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andalus
Bloody hell, you get pissy about height? You're still a kid and have ages to grow taller.

I on the other hand am a fully grown man but a mere 5'7, I'm 8 inches shorter than our 6'3 rhythm guitarist and 6 inches shorter than our 6'1 bassist. They take the piss but it's all in good nature. I care little.

Answer to your problem? Grow up (no pun intended).

2" shorter than the average? Nothing really notable. Try 5'3 and playing bass. If I got 1 every time I heard some variation of the "derp your guitar is bigger than you" remark I'd probably have about a fiver for every gig I ever played.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #22
pavnick91
UG Newbie

u need a studio like sytem of down
pavnick91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
vanitybinge
Vanity Binge

A lot of bad advice in this thread.

Dude about your height, don't worry about it. If anyone talks about it after the show, it means they remembered your band and if you're 15, you're prob playing 15 minute sets at the gym with ten other bands so if your band is remembered at all it's a bonus.

Don't just quit. Don't quit until you have a better band to join. If you listen to these wingnuts and quit your band now just because of your ego you might not join another band for three years. I was in a band when I was 18 that made me the lead singer, they were all older and taller than me and more talented and experienced, and they could get gigs. I wasn't super crazy about the music but one night I quit after the drummer had a fit, and what did that do for my career? Nothing. I lost out on all that exposure and experience as a frontman because I let my ego walk me out the door.

Stay with this group of idiots, put up with their shit. Learn these disposable pop songs that will (believe it or not) make you a better player and remember that every little thing that pisess you off about this band will teach you something useful later on. Don't ditch them, use them to learn.

The best reason to stick it out is that once you start gigging, you'll meet other musicians and then you'll have the chance to (VERY selectively) jam and play with other bands that you meet at shows. You want to be the guy they say "I saw him play yea I wanna jam with him" and not "that kid from the crowd who bugged me after the show"
vanitybinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:12 AM   #24
123Deryck
I like lamp

Im sorry to say this... But, what you need is a new amp
123Deryck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: