Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #1
afsar3010

Suggest a guitar with 24 frets

Dear guitarists,

Good day. I was thinking about changing my guitar, My current one is Ibanez grg270 with 5 pickups

Well , I thought about purchasing the Jackson randy Rhodes rr3. But it seems like it don't have any 24 fret version. I liked the shape of this guitar.

I need a guitar with 24 frets with the look alike shape of Randy Rhodes RR3. My budget is 650$. and yes 6 strings only

regards
Salveto
afsar3010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Patrick89

Hey, maybe this is something for you?

http://www.thomann.de/nl/jackson_rrxmg_rhoads_sw_bp.htm
Peavey Vypyr 30
Boss SD-2 Dual Overdrive pedal
Patrick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

i'd rather have the japanese one even if it does only have 22 frets.

if you can still find them, the rr24 has 24 frets and is japanese.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
SkyValley
John Wayne Bassy

Godin Redline II.

Seriously, just don't read anything else that is posted in this thread and order the Godin. Anything else in that price range is going to be made in Indonesia or Korea. The Godin is crafted in Canada and assembled in the USA. It's an all North American guitar. Plus it's got EMGs.
SkyValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
sea`

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyValley
Godin Redline II.

Seriously, just don't read anything else that is posted in this thread and order the Godin. Anything else in that price range is going to be made in Indonesia or Korea. The Godin is crafted in Canada and assembled in the USA. It's an all North American guitar. Plus it's got EMGs.

Why does it matter where it's made if it's a quality product?
sea` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
Soccerguy
Bloo

Quote:
Godin Redline II.

While it may be made in North America, I've played some very poorly built Godins and some very nice ones. The EMGs, especially whatever is in the Redline, as they sound like stale shit, shouldn't necessarily be a selling point as TS could want passives for more tonal options and the possibility of switching pickups with out having to change all the electronics.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1497696
Fill that out, it would be very useful and make recommending something quite a bit easier.

Last edited by Soccerguy : 07-09-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Soccerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
DoubleBassCrash

That's a tough one... I suppose you could find the rr3 body alone, buy the body & then buy a 24 fret Jackson neck separate, then mod the 24 fret Jackson neck onto the rr3.

Or you could say screw it, & go 30 fret.

But I have a feeling you're sick of the RG shape... there's the link in case you should change your mind, though... just don't buy it there if you want it, go somewhere in the flesh that allows you to haggle the salesman.

For what you want I think it'd be best to just buy the body & neck separate & mod them together, then you get what you want & it's unique to boot.

Edit: You could also buy the Jackson Rhoads RR24XT... but I believe it's made in India...

I still say go for the neck mod, you could save nearly half your cash going that route if you can DIY with the neck mod on a separate body, a local luthier might cut you some slack if not.

Last edited by DoubleBassCrash : 07-09-2013 at 12:17 PM.
DoubleBassCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
SkyValley
John Wayne Bassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea`

Guitars are made of wood. Wood reacts negatively to climate changes. For optimal performance and longevity of your guitar you should purchase one that was cured, cut, and assembled in a climate similar to your own. I live in Northern Ohio so a Godin is a good choice for me or anyone else in this sort of climate. If I lived in California I'd buy a Carvin and forget the Godin, hands down. But I don't think you can get a Carvin for $650, I'm not sure.

As for EMGs sounding stale, I think they just get a bad rap because of the metal-core kids who just plug into a Line 6 and hit the "Insane" button. If you know how actives work and have a good idea how to EQ your amp, EMGs can be some of the smoothest and most expressive pickups around. You should never, ever need to put your gain above half with active pickups.
SkyValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

the rr3 should be japanese-made

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea`

is it a quality product?

Old 07-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Guitars are made of wood. Wood reacts negatively to climate changes. For optimal performance and longevity of your guitar you should purchase one that was cured, cut, and assembled in a climate similar to your own.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
JELIFISH19

Quote:
Guitars are made of wood. Wood reacts negatively to climate changes. For optimal performance and longevity of your guitar you should purchase one that was cured, cut, and assembled in a climate similar to your own. I live in Northern Ohio so a Godin is a good choice for me or anyone else in this sort of climate. If I lived in California I'd buy a Carvin and forget the Godin, hands down. But I don't think you can get a Carvin for $650, I'm not sure.

That theory goes completely out the window when you consider that most manufacturers don't sell guitars. There's a middleman or two that are often in different locations. And if what you say is true, then vintage Gibsons and Fenders must be terrible guitars in Europe since they don't have the "optimal performance and longevity" because the climate they were made is very different than the climate it currently resides in. And that must mean that touring musicians don't get optimal performance from their guitars because the climate is constantly changing.
Boss GT-10

GAS list:
Carvin V3MC (Hot White Bronco)
JELIFISH19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Patrick89

Quote:

So first of all, you suggest a strat shaped guitar while he clearly states that he wants a RR-like guitar and you motivate that by this bull****. Please don't give people advice while you clearly have no clue where you are talking about.

Back on topic: The RR24 that was mentioned is without a doubt a great axe of probably (I've never played one so I can't state it as a fact) a better quality than the one I linked. BUT if as far as I know, the RR24 only has an bridge pickup limiting the versatility of the guitar. It doesn't need to be a dealbreaker ofcourse, but you should keep it in mind when deciding.
Peavey Vypyr 30

Last edited by Patrick89 : 07-09-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick89
Back on topic: The RR24 that was mentioned is without a doubt a great axe of probably (I've never played one so I can't state it as a fact) a better quality than the one I linked. BUT if as far as I know, the RR24 only has an bridge pickup limiting the versatility of the guitar. It doesn't need to be a dealbreaker ofcourse, but you should keep it in mind when deciding.

good point.

i have a vague feeling i've seen 24 fret dual pickup japanese RRs, but I could be imagining that

And yeah i haven't tried it either, I'm just going by the japanese jacksons i have tried.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
Patrick89

@Dave: Just googled a bit and I think you mean the Jackson Stars RR TN-01 & TN-02. These are already discontinued for a while but the TS maybe could find a used one. The other japanese RR style guitar I can think of right now is the ESP SV but that is a bit over budget I think .

@TS: The JS series also has/used to have a 24 fret rhoads but I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

If you can find them used, you also might be able to find an LTD Alexi-600 (Alexi Laiho sig with 1 pickup and a floyd) or a LTD MS-1 (Mike Spreitzer sig with 2 pickups and string through.) in your price range. They are supposed to be of similar quality to the LTD 1000 series which are great guitars for the price.
Peavey Vypyr 30
Old 07-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #15
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

ah yeah maybe it was the stars. I've checked them out on occasion.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #16
dannyalcatraz

Final asides on the Godin Redlines: they make several versions of it, and one (the Redline HB) has 2 passive HBs. The Redline Nemesis is not a pure V, but it is more of a "metal" style, modified V body shape.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 07-10-2013 at 10:57 AM.
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #17
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ it looks like a ripped off charvel star to me

Old 07-13-2013, 04:13 AM   #18
afsar3010

thanks to all, can anyone say the name of this guitar https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd....086754323_n.jpg

is this ESP LTD Alexi 600 Scythe Electric Guitar
afsar3010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #19
dspellman

Might want to see if you can locate a used Carvin Ultra V. New they start around $900, but thanks to all the custom options, they'll find themselves at $1200 and above easily enough. Used, you could probably find a very good one within your budget. http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/ultrav

dspellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #20
Patrick89

Quote:
Originally Posted by afsar3010
thanks to all, can anyone say the name of this guitar https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd....086754323_n.jpg

is this ESP LTD Alexi 600 Scythe Electric Guitar

I'm pretty sure that, that is a Jackson RR24. The headstock definately says jackson . I love the look of those guitars
Peavey Vypyr 30

Rate This Thread: